• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kris Kristofferson Has Died

Kris Kristofferson "passed away peacefully in his home" in Maui, Hawaii, on Saturday, Sept. 28, Fox News Digital confirmed.

In addition to roles in the "Blade" trilogy and "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid," Kristofferson earned a Golden Globe Award for best actor for his role in "A Star Is Born."

The country music legend was part of the Highwaymen with Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash.

The supergroup revolutionized the outlaw country music genre in the '80s.

Damn, one of the greats.

Link

jason10mm

Gold Member
I always remember him from this TV miniseries.

6yZuAQ5.jpeg

R2wIeOV.jpeg

ScythD

My favorite movie of his is Millennium. "This is not the end. This is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning."

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I never followed his career. I just remember him from Blade movies. And faintly remember him in Convoy as Fox29 (Buffalo affiliate station) used to show that movie every month! I just remember him and tons of 18 wheelers as a kid.

I never knew he had a big music career. Looked like did well in the 70s.

MayauMiao

I never followed his career. I just remember him from Blade movies. And faintly remember him in Convoy as Fox29 (Buffalo affiliate station) used to show that movie every month! I just remember him and tons of 18 wheelers as a kid.

I never knew he had a big music career. Looked like did well in the 70s.

Same here, of not knowing he was a singer and only remember him in Blade.

For a moment, I he was the guy from Alien.

Toons

That sucks. I got a lot more of his music to listen to. I was recently going through one of his many albums, enjoying it. Im not a country guy but he has a simple and fairly universal appeal.

drganon

Rip. Dude lived a crazy life. He was in the army, a Rhodes scholar, an actor and a country music artist.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Reading his Bio...Damn, that's a life we'll lived.

..we should all be so lucky.

Yep. The guy got stories published in The Atlantic Monthly at age 18, was an accomplished athlete, graduated cum laude in Literature and Philsophy, was a helicopter pilot in the army, first became a celebrated song writer, then a successful country singer and then had a decades long career in the tv/movie industry.

It was pretty clear that the young Kris Kristofferson would be going places.

Top Bottom