• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme-Flavored Doughnut Soda is real

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ughnut-soda-has-arrived/ar-BBunzTx?li=BBnbfcL

The Franken-food craze, given new life by the arrival of the Cronut in 2013, has taken a dramatic step forward. (Or backward, depending on your tastes.) Krispy Kreme has announced the debut of Cheerwine Kreme, a cherry-flavored soft drink with a “hint” of glazed doughnut.

Cheerwine Kreme is currently only available in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgia. Consumers who have sampled it have described it as having a taste similar to cream soda with a cherry touch; Charlotte Observer restaurant reviewer Helen Schwab said it was “not terrible in the way I thought it would be.” Krispy Kreme will be handing out free samples on July 23. This enhanced delivery method—it’s the taste of a doughnut without all the bothersome chewing—is a result of a partnership between Krispy Kreme and Cheerwine, a cherry-flavored soft drink popular in and around its home base in North Carolina. The two companies had previously collaborated on a Cheerwine donut in 2010.

BBunLnL.img

Looks interesting.....thoughts?

dvdjamm

bilde

I would be curious to try it, but it's regional...Then again, I wanted to try certain sodas (pop?, coke?) that are rare in California. Moxie, Dr. Brown, whatever kind that's similar to Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb, etc.

muteki

bilde

I would be curious to try it, but it's regional...Then again, I wanted to try certain sodas (pop?, coke?) that are rare in California. Moxie, Dr. Brown, whatever kind that's similar to Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb, etc.
These were amazing, haven't seen in ~3 years or so.

lazygecko

I had some frozen yoghurt-flavored sparkling water last week. There was chocolate ball flavor as well, but I passed on that one.

ryseing

Local place had a Cheerwine donut a while back. Actually pretty damned good. Of course Cheerwine anything is the shit. Going to have to try this.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Krispy Kreme isn't even that good...so nah on that drink.

Agreed. i remember Krispy Kreme coming to my area was a huge deal. Lines around the building all night, every night for at least a couple years. i have to type that again because its so unreal to me. There were grown adult waiting in line at a drive thru after midnight for up to an hour because the lines were so long.. for donuts. How can anything like that live up to expectation? Finally had a Krispy Kreme and it was the most depressing thing food related outside of Cinnabon.

Dont know about a soda though. Might have better luck with a vodka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom