• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last charge dropped in police raid that killed sleeping Detroit child

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The dumbasses pieces of shit cops are 100% at fault if they changed their tactics because of an idiotic tv show.

Its probably exactly what happened too.

I hope the family at least gets something out of the city.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
These threads always makes me wonder how the American public can accept such verdicts.... This is screwed up on multiple levels. Do Americans not care? Just looking from the outside the stuff happening is driving me crazy.

Slavik81

These threads always makes me wonder how the American public can accept such verdicts.... This is screwed up on multiple levels. Do Americans not care? Just looking from the outside the stuff happening is driving me crazy.
Some Americans clearly care. He faced trial by a jury of ordinary Americans. That jury could not come to an agreement. Some people wanted a guilty verdict, while some wanted not guilty. In the end, you can't convict someone unless the entire jury agrees on guilty.

This is actually a huge improvement over some of the previous cases in the news. This one went to trial and the jury actually seriously considered a guilty verdict. I mean, it's not the outcome I'd hope for in such a clear-cut case, but it's still an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom