• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Comic Standing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reminder Belfast! I'll be watching this and then going out to see a punk rock band tonight (Rehasher if anyone cares).

Edit: WTF NBC Please don't turn this into American Idol. I don't want to see bad comics blasted for the first few shows. Do it like the first with the audience. It was funny that way.

Belfast

Well, if you liked the first one, this one is probably about the same. But it does seem more Idolish right now than the original.

Belfast said:
Well, if you liked the first one, this one is probably about the same. But it does seem more Idolish right now than the original.

I love the first one. By the way Dave Mordal was fucking robbed. He was easily the funniest guy on the show.

Dat Phan more like MARGRET CHO am I rite?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
StrikerObi said:
I love the first one. By the way Dave Mordal was fucking robbed. He was easily the funniest guy on the show.

Dat Phan more like MARGRET CHO am I rite?

I think Ralphie May was the funniest on the show, Dat Phan was definately in the lower half of the ten that made it to the finals. Mordal was very funny, though.

Belfast

Yeah, Dat Phan didn't really deserve the win. He had sob story and that's why he won.

Its kinda weird, because a lot of the people getting "accepted" so far are comics I already know of and have seen them on Comedy Central either doing their routines or on Tough Crowd.

Belfast said:
Yeah, Dat Phan didn't really deserve the win. He had sob story and that's why he won.

Its kinda weird, because a lot of the people getting "accepted" so far are comics I already know of and have seen them on Comedy Central either doing their routines or on Tough Crowd.

I really hope Dimitri Martin shows up. He's fucking hilarious. Sorta like Mitch Hedberg only in additon to the jokes (which show up at random like Mitch's) he also does some wacky media stuff like songs and art.

Belfast

Dimitri's great! And my Dad's company just had Kathleen Madigan do her routine at some business thing they had this past week.

Edit: So far, I've seen KM, Tod Glass, and Pablo Fransisco already. There were a couple others I thought I recognized, but I dunno.

At this moment right now, unless Dimitri Martin shows up in another city, I am throwing all my eggs in the basket labled "Pablo Francisco." The man is funny incarnate.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
No less than three of these people have had a Comedy Central Presents... show, and many more have been on premium blend.

Same thing happened last year, Rich Vos had already filmed his half hour special for Comedy Central and he got in the finals.

And, yeah, Ant did the same joke last year and it wasn't funny then either :p

Belfast said:
I hate a lot of gay comics, too, except maybe Scott Thompson and Mario Cantone.

Ah, Scott Thompson. The exception to my rule as well.

The problem is that ALL of their acts revolve around their being gay. And it's NOT FUNNY.

I'm pretty much going for Pablo Francisco, too. If Dane Cook or Daniel Tosh were going to be in it, I'd be hard pressed between them and Pablo. But since I only see Pablo, GO PABLO.

Funny motherfucker, that Pablo.

Belfast

:lol at Buck Star.

nm, I thought they started in NY, but it was LA. I wasn't paying attention. Dane could still show up.

The problem with these Dallas comics is that I think most of them will only be funny in Texas. But I guess it's been long enough, we could use another Jeff Foxworthy.

Also that Arkansas/Mexico guy is a fucking riot. YEE-HAW!

Edit: YEE-HAW guy was John Wessling right?

Edit 2: Paul was quite funny.

No John Wessling was the guy who talked about the scars from his dad. Paul was pretty funny, too. The rest...yeah. That Arkansas/Texas wall guy is a dick.

(from arkansas)

Belfast

No, Yee-haw guy was the bald dude sitting in the front. I agree he was pretty funny, but also like you mentioned, I don't think they picked him because his humor would chiefly work in Texas. He probably wouldn't have the weight or material to take him to the rest of the country.

Wessling was the guy who was talking about his scars.

I felt the choices were good, but it does suck they can only take 2.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
StrikerObi said:
The problem with these Dallas comics is that I think most of them will only be funny in Texas. But I guess it's been long enough, we could use another Jeff Foxworthy.

Also that Arkansas/Mexico guy is a fucking riot. YEE-HAW!

Edit: YEE-HAW guy was John Wessling right?

Edit 2: Paul was quite funny.

Damn, you've got the attention span of a fish...with ADD! har har! I'm funnier than some of these peoples!

Anyway.

John Wessling was the guy who was talking about his scars. Based on the ten-twenty seconds or so of each comic, I think they chose the right two from Texas.

Archaix said:
Damn, you've got the attention span of a fish...with ADD! har har! I'm funnier than some of these peoples!

Anyway.

John Wessling was the guy who was talking about his scars. Based on the ten-twenty seconds or so of each comic, I think they chose the right two from Texas.

I'm using this thread for two reasons
1) Talk about the show
2) Post a lot to boost my count

The scar guy was ok.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I kind of wish they would have given Buck Star a spot just so he could see that a crowd doesn't like him either

Belfast

Robert Kelly should've gotten Kirson's spot. They invited a lot of people, but were too liberal in their choices in NY. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom