• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latin American Football |OT| Sponsored By Televisa

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Though I wish this discussion could be grouped with American Soccer for greater exposure for both.
Yeah that's what I wanted to happen :(
Nope!!!! We're good where we at with this thread. No need to mix it up with the other threads. Thanx OP. Now to reply in Spanish...

Martinolli todavia sigue de chingar de lo Que paso. Alguien necesita meterle otro putazo para Que sele quite. Siempre hablando mal de alguien.

Also I gotta post in the gold cup. Gotta show mls dudes that murrica got away with cheating too. Gold cup 2007 semifinal vs Canada.

I rather have Martinoli and Luis Garcia narrating/commenting my football than ANY domesticated "journalist" from Televisa.

Unlike past coaches being fired by bullshit reasons when those to blame are the executives this time around Piojo sabotaged himself. There's never an excuse for hitting or threatening a member of the press.

Also: good we got this thread, we needed this. Even if OP is an Americanista (you do know Televisa owns your team right?). Yuck.

loki 16

Also: good we got this thread, we needed this. Even if OP is an Americanista (you do know Televisa owns your team right?). Yuck.

America is the greates Mexican team btw, it does not matter who own's them.
')

I heard on ESPN Deportes that Tuca ferreti, Marcelo Bielsa and Gustavo Matosas are the current candidates for the Mexican job.

Cormano

Lol. Well I'm not in Mexico so I can't comment on which channel has better commentators.

Espn Deportes does. If youre in the US, watch some football they have some La Liga MX, and Euro cup.

Televisa and Tv Azteca are bad, the absolute worst is the guy from Univision, i cant stand him.

v1lla21

Espn Deportes does. If youre in the US, watch some football they have some La Liga MX, and Euro cup.

Televisa and Tv Azteca are bad, the absolute worst is the guy from Univision, i cant stand him.
Oh yeah I like Espn. I hate the Univision and telemundo guys. They are annoying and dumb as hell. TV Azteca guys aren't that bad either. Much better than Telemundo and Univision.

My favorite commentator is Eduardo Palomo on ESPN. The way he just says the "GOOOOLLL!", to me, just gives me the chills. So great. Also one of the commentators on FOX sports that does Libertadores for the Argentinean teams. That guy is awesome too. Sounds like a Boca and likes to embellish the teams moments.

I hate the one on Univision. He is the most annoying one ever. Always sounds like he's running out of breath and always says every players full name with middle name and maternal name as well. And I just can't stand the way he sings the goles. No thanks. Always change it or mute it when he's on.

Cormano

My favorite commentator is Eduardo Palomo on ESPN. The way he just says the "GOOOOLLL!", to me, just gives me the chills. So great. Also one of the commentators on FOX sports that does Libertadores for the Argentinean teams. That guy is awesome too. Sounds like a Boca and likes to embellish the teams moments.

I hate the one on Univision. He is the most annoying one ever. Always sounds like he's running out of breath and always says every players full name with middle name and maternal name as well. And I just can't stand the way he sings the goles. No thanks. Always change it or mute it when he's on.

Thats why he was the right choice for FIFA, before that id always play with the regular English commentators. Palomo is great, and he doesnt seem biased.

And im with you Univisión has the worst ones.

From Fox Deportes youre probably refering to Eduardo Biscayart (Argentine) or Omar Tapia (Chilean).

Thats why he was the right choice for FIFA, before that id always play with the regular English commentators. Palomo is great, and he doesnt seem biased.

And im with you Univisión has the worst ones.

From Fox Deportes youre probably refering to Eduardo Biscayart (Argentine) or Omar Tapia (Chilean).

BIscayart and Tapia are awesome! Forgot about them. But it's another one, I really don't know his name but every time I watch a Boca Libertadores or any non-Mexican Libertador match, he's great.

mozfan12

Banned
I rather have Martinoli and Luis Garcia narrating/commenting my football than ANY domesticated "journalist" from Televisa.

Unlike past coaches being fired by bullshit reasons when those to blame are the executives this time around Piojo sabotaged himself. There's never an excuse for hitting or threatening a member of the press.

I like Martinoli/Luis Garcia in the boring Liga MX games which unfortunately are far too often, I can't speak for the new generation of Televisa. I hate the Telemundo/Univision commentators though I like that Telemundo has Carlos Hermosillo (who tends to be super critical) but that is my Cruz Azul colors coming out.

I would also prefer this thread be separate to the MLS one. Perfect timing with the start of the season and tomorrow's Libertadores final.

why were other coaches fired?

AlexBasch

why were other coaches fired?
If bullshit reasons means "awful results" then yeah, huge BULLSHIT REASONS.

We haven't had a decent coach since Lavolpe.

You all know it's true.

11752471_1173217782704619_4501737264845101826_n.png

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Lavolpe: the guy who lost against Portugal's subs and tied freaking Angola but that's okay cause he played a good game vs Argentina.

But still lost.

Chivas fan btw.

-Eddman-

Good to see this thread. Nobody on the main (euro) football thread takes our leagues seriously :(

What can I say, I'm mexican, from Guadalajara, big Chivas supporter when I was a kid, then studied journalism and started to despise any kind of fanaticism. Then, somehow I ended up being hired by Atlas' Communication dept. last year.

...then after a few months, I realized being part of the mexican football industry was like selling your soul to the devil. By far the worst professional experience in my life. I no longer work there, but I still enjoy watching good games from any league in the world.

I would really like Tigres to win Libertadores, Tuca's work this year has been near perfect. But this is Conmebol, they will find many ways to fuck them in Buenos Aires.

While not being a powerhouse, I think River has been a solid squad since they came back from relegation and I'm sure we will see two exciting games.

Regarding Piojo-gate, I think he is a decent coach, but lost touch with reality after the World Cup. Selling your ass to greedy corporations can (and will) destroy you.

I'm going to be honest, I don't really give a shit about international football anymore, so hopefully they give the job to Mr. Tomás Boy just for the lulz.

Tecl0n

If bullshit reasons means "awful results" then yeah, huge BULLSHIT REASONS.

We haven't had a decent coach since Lavolpe.

You all know it's true.

11752471_1173217782704619_4501737264845101826_n.png

Ahh Lavolpe. He came to Boca when Basile joined the national team. He had to get 1 point out of 6 to be champion. He lost both games, Estudiantes forced a final for the league, something that hadn't been heard of in ages, and lost in said final. He is truly a remarkable man.

A lot of the kits this year are gross as fuck.

Yeah :/ penalty time though.

America's are nice but they usually have slick shirts. I wish Guadalajara would sign with Nike.

The Chivas' blue jerseys wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the diamond pattern. Reminds me of some ugly 90s design.

Give me an Umbro kit any day. They (almost) always make great, classy designs for their kits. But yeah, Chivas shirt this year isn't all that appealing.

v1lla21

America's are nice but they usually have slick shirts. I wish Guadalajara would sign with Nike.

The Chivas' blue jerseys wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the diamond pattern. Reminds me of some ugly 90s design.
I don't really like America's kit :( I find it ugly with the hey wey logo on it.

Say what you want about his final year at the helm, but Chepo de la Torre's Mexico was incredible in 2011-12. I loved the way they played.

Ledbetter

I'm also rooting for Dorados, since I'm from Sinaloa.

And Murcielagos FC in Ascenso. Gotta support the local team, lol.

We lost to Murcielagos today in Copa MX, I know it is considered a mediocre cup, but I was still disappointed.

I think I will go to Dorados vs Murcielagos in Mochis next week, my cousins are planning to go because it is really close.

Yes, also I love Campos haha.

Bielsa for El Tri would be amazing.

I think that he is the more viable option. Although I believe that a national team should be coached by someone from the same country, I can't think of a Mexican coach that could do a decent job. And I want Raul Gutierrez to stay with the younger teams.

I'm going to be honest, I don't really give a shit about international football anymore, so hopefully they give the job to Mr. Tomás Boy just for the lulz.

Although I like what he did with Atlas both seasons (saving them from being demoted to Ascenso and putting them in 'Liguilla'); yes, that would be another circus that would cost the national team another year or so.

Mobius 1

I just wanted to say that we deserved the 7x1 last year.

Also, fuck Maradona that cheating coke snorting cunt.

SalvaPot

I just wanted to say that we deserved the 7x1 last year.

Also, fuck Maradona that cheating coke snorting cunt.

Don´t worry, that loss will make the next generation an angry, hungry, perfect team of retribution and power. Give it 10 years.

We lost to Murcielagos today in Copa MX, I know it is considered a mediocre cup, but I was still disappointed.

I think I will go to Dorados vs Murcielagos in Mochis next week, my cousins are planning to go because it is really close.

I don't know if I will go to see the game yet, the stadium is on the other side of the city. I guess I'll talk with some friends to see if they're going.

AlexBasch

Lavolpe: the guy who lost against Portugal's subs and tied freaking Angola but that's okay cause he played a good game vs Argentina.

But still lost.

Chivas fan btw.
Well yeah, your fantasic striker Omar Bravo missed a penalty there. Lavolpe should have kicked it instead, I suppose. :p

]Ahh Lavolpe. He came to Boca when Basile joined the national team. He had to get 1 point out of 6 to be champion. He lost both games, [/B]Estudiantes forced a final for the league, something that hadn't been heard of in ages, and lost in said final. He is truly a remarkable man.
This was hilarious though, I feel bad for Boca fans.

Not really.

I'm going with Tigres today for 2-1 game. There's no Gol de visitante in the final, right?

Yes, that is correct. Although, with CONMEBOL, who knows. They may change it after the first leg like they did to America vs. Arsenal de Sarandi in the Copa Sudamericana final in 07 because Arsenal de Sarandi scored a couple away goals. So we'll see.

v1lla21

Yes, that is correct. Although, with CONMEBOL, who knows. They may change it after the first leg like they did to America vs. Arsenal de Sarandi in the Copa Sudamericana final in 07 because Arsenal de Sarandi scored a couple away goals. So we'll see.
Why must you remind me :(

loki 16

Very entertaining first half, some really good back and forth action. Rivier is a little to aggressive though.

Top Bottom