• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Season usually ends around November or so right?

Huh its been a while. He wrote some of the horus heresy novels and they were pretttty good.

Do you happen to know if he worked on Nugots lore? Nugots lore seems like it was influenced by him.

afaik Graham's on the worldbuilding team, so he'd work on some of the stories for the big events rather than new/reworked champions, as those will have writers on the champion development pods.

afaik Graham's on the worldbuilding team, so he'd work on some of the stories for the big events rather than new/reworked champions, as those will have writers on the champion development pods.

Makes sense to have him on world building, actually. Since W40k is like, galaxy building, and he did do some of the horus heresy novels that involve well, the horus heresy. And that stuff spans thousands of years @_@

well whoever did sawgots new lore, give them a high five for me. just tell them that swain didn't weasel his way to the top.

zkylon

zkylewd
new kanye video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmdkmPsmEnA

definitely not riot's most creative work lol, but it's ok i guess. i feel this kind of stuff is aimed at ppl that don't really follow the game so maybe that's how a lot of people get introduced to him or something?

i really wish they would put a tiny bit of lore in those videos but alas

drawkcaB

Frustrating night. Two really solid performances by me but my teams were complete shit. Tried Rakan in the first game, he's pretty fun. Unfortunately I didn't get a good feel for him early game because my ADC was just the worst (37 cs at 20 mins). Then tried Poppy jungle for the first time in a long time, and went really well, but all my lanes picked not-low-Elo champions which is a problem because I am most certainly in low Elo.

Still trying to figure out my champ pool in the jungle. It's Ivern, Warwick, and Sejuani so far, but I want a 4th. I've tried:

Maokai (it's ok, something about him irks me despite his absurd win rate)
Trundle (not particularly great at applying pressure early, I like scaling and utility)
Skarner (still hate the rework so very, very much)
Poppy (good, but not a monster or nature based champ, so it goes against my own rules).

Gonna give Rammus a whirl after Riot overbuffs him next patch. Need to give jungle Tahm more time too with the bami's cinder and cinderhulk changes.

killatopak

Gold Member
Decayed from d4 to p4 due other games.

Slowly climbing again and currently p3. My skill has absolutely detriorated cause majority of my wins are from me being carried.

That and my champ pool are kinda poor right now. Tanky items are so op right now while penetration items like BC/LS/lethality got nerfed.

To be fair though, last I played, armor pen items were pretty op.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
C1ZCHTy.jpg
Maybe just...fix the camp instead.

drawkcaB

Hidden Ivern nerf. 800 cast range on bushes under the guise of fixing vision is bullshit.

Also hate the change to pillar and crystallize. Effects of champ balance is minor and it gives these abilities a bit of added flavour.

Maybe just...fix the camp instead.

"Krugs are out of the way for most junglers, so to make it worth their while, we're upping the rewards...by making it way longer to clear and make it even less appealing".

drawkcaB

I still don't understand why they didn't just keep flat pen but change the stats so it's base + Arpen/lvl as opposed to the more complicated way they went about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
they should make the veigar skin look more like him, you can barely tell him apart from teemo

like give him a proper staff instead of a sword and a hat. it's not very readable

zkylon

zkylewd
q6IgGGD.png

idk why ahri is ciri but i like it

edit: lethality being based on ur level means it's worse for adcs so i guess that's why they're changing it? i guess it's harder to balance assassin items if adcs are abusing them but it does feel this throws away the whole idea of making assassins less snowbally and frustrating to play against

Tizoc

I saw the video

Urgot has a line where he says 'If you hide in the shadows...'

And then I realized he sounds exactly like Zed but at a lower pitch.

Rito pls, add more electronics to his voice

Umm isn't Zed voiced by Jim Cummings? Urgot doesn't sound like him but I get what you mean.

zkylon

zkylewd
anivia w not granting vision anymore is actually a pretty big nerf

won't make the champion unplayable or anything but it's a really useful part of her kit you're missing out on now

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You think those changes are fine I assume then.
I think tanks need access to grievous wounds and that the current set of armor itemization is pretty underwhelming. If it turns out to be too strong they can walk it back, but I would rather start there.

zkylon

zkylewd
adcs i should play now that cait is nerfed?

i don't want ppl to really depend on me, i just want to kill turrets

maybe i should actually play ziggs heh

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think tanks need access to grievous wounds and that the current set of armor itemization is pretty underwhelming. If it turns out to be too strong they can walk it back, but I would rather start there.

Got it. I do agree this is a step in the right direction but they may have gone too far. I'll have to check the numbers to see how efficient this item is but I think it does a bit too much in terms of effects. it reflects damage, deals GW, AND also slows AS. That's too many passives for a single item and conceptually that doesn't sit too tight with me.

Newt

Annie's fine. Just don't get in range. It's not like her kill range isn't super obvious either.
I mean, Riot systematically removed all the targeted ranged stuns/silences from the game. Sion, Taric etc. I don't see why Annie is an exception.

I mean, Riot systematically removed all the targeted ranged stuns/silences from the game. Sion, Taric etc. I don't see why Annie is an exception.

I figure because with Annie you have to build up her stun, and it isn't necessarily on demand like sions or tarics were if it wasn't built up

Top Bottom