• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

It still has a big lack of counterplay to it. I feel like Annie is kinda low priority to Riot, but she definitely would not survive in her current state if they actually put effort into reworking her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Got it. I do agree this is a step in the right direction but they may have gone too far. I'll have to check the numbers to see how efficient this item is but I think it does a bit too much in terms of effects. it reflects damage, deals GW, AND also slows AS. That's too many passives for a single item and conceptually that doesn't sit too tight with me.
The AS slow is because it builds out of Warden's Mail too. Personally I like having mid-range items like that where you have multiple build paths. Thornmail has all of these effects because from a straight stat point of view it's a fairly weak item. I would say that Sunfire is not even remotely competitive with the new Thornmail, given that Sunfire's niche of passive damage just loses out to what Thornmail offers. Part of the reason for that is based on Bramble Vest being so powerful and Bami's Cinder being so weak. The upgrade to Thornmail from Bramble Vest is honestly not at all impressive. If the AS% slow was so great you'd see more people buy Frozen Heart or Randuin's to begin with.
neTvYgg.png
Here is Phreak's efficiency chart if you want.

I mean, Riot systematically removed all the targeted ranged stuns/silences from the game. Sion, Taric etc. I don't see why Annie is an exception.

Fiddle also has targeted ranged Hard CC.

But yes ... I really do think Annie needs a VGU like WW where they take a simple, straight forward, beginner friendly champ and modernize them in both Game Play and lore to better fit in with the current trends and environment of the game yet still keeping them beginner friendly. (Same goes for Garen IMO.)

They could use the same reasoning as they gave for Eve. Eve's not some blight on the game, but her kit and themes clash (supposed to be an assassin but goes in with dmg over time like a diver instead of having a readable burst rotation like assassins and lacks the tanky sit up of divers. She just sneaks up, blows all her shit and runs around spamming QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ regardless of if she's chasing or running away) and some parts have no engaging, interesting counter play.

She's old AF and I think today's Riot can do a lot more with the concept of "the dark child" than what she is.

dimb

I figure because with Annie you have to build up her stun, and it isn't necessarily on demand like sions or tarics were if it wasn't built up
You just build the stun out of combat though....when Annie is an initiator that doesn't really matter.

I was disappointed with OS Trist and visited Reddit to see what's up ... feeling seems to be shared over there.

It looks too much like 2 of her other skins. Not for being military themed ( one might assume that seeing how she has such a strong military theme that spans across so many skins and her base already). It's because they didn't give her a mask.

A mask would have given her the VO effect all the others have and it would have really stood out among all the military stuff she has already.

Sad. I know that Riot is proud of the work they put into her face but come on now. :/
When you think OS you think of that VO effect. They know this, that's why everyone else has it. >_>

Fiddle's fear is had to be changed by Riot because it had no counterplay too.
Fiddle also needs a full VGU IMO

Both he and Annie feel like "jump in, blow all your shit and hope they die as you hopefully CC lock them to death" champs to me.

change annies in the same vein

'fear of fire, enemies hit by fire flee for 1.5 seconds'
I would actually like for her fire to mean something in the game. For some reason the only thing that acts like it's on fire is her ult seeing as tibbers burns. Brand's passive DoT always made more sense to me than her stun passive.

Maybe being able to throw skill shots that leave fire sports for a bit and can set bushes on fire for vision and DoT would be cool.

drawkcaB

Jungle Urgot looks legit. I'll definitely have to try. I feel like it really round out my Ivern-Warwick-Sejuani pool of it works the way I think it might.

Still on the fence for picking up Maokai jungle. So many S2 memories, and he was the first champ I ever bought.

Speaking of which, I get the feeling that a Maokai level rework is coming for my still all time favorite Nautilus.

dimb

Maokai jungle feels good to play. Pretty happy with where the champ wound up after the rework. Way more fun than he used to be.

Maokai jungle feels good to play. Pretty happy with where the champ wound up after the rework. Way more fun than he used to be.

yeah I played it the other day, felt pretty good for a tank jungler.

Outside of Nunu tho I'm finding playing non-carry junglers a little tough right now in terms of winning games. I've seen so many Yi's and Nidalees get fed off my lanes and even if I do well I can't carry those matches. Probably just need to be better at counter ganks but ehh.

dimb

yeah I played it the other day, felt pretty good for a tank jungler.

Outside of Nunu tho I'm finding playing non-carry junglers a little tough right now in terms of winning games. I've seen so many Yi's and Nidalees get fed off my lanes and even if I do well I can't carry those matches. Probably just need to be better at counter ganks but ehh.
Personally I just like to split the difference and play hard bruisers like Warwick, who get tanky but still have high potential to kill/stomp regular games. I guess there is J4 too in that category for people who like to play :zzz: stuff like that. Even inside tank champions you can find high damage output characters like Mundo, who I think should be better on the new patch. Like if I was just grinding ladder I would probably try to just pick WW 100% of the time.

drawkcaB

Mundo's been doing very well for the last few patches. I'd play him but for some reason I have difficulty enjoying champs very outdated models/fx. Feels gross.

Warwick is definitely a great rework. Makes me excited to see what Riot will do with Skarner. I'm a big fan of Riot's work on VGUs, with a few exceptions. Now that resources aren't being spent on class updates the rate of old champ reworks will pickup, hopefully.

What I'd really like to do is add another bruiser, that's why I'm so interested in Urgot jungle. Tried Rek'Sai but I still don't like her, I kinda suck with fighters. Every now and then I entertain the idea of playing Volibear, but the lack of late game presence makes me hesitant.

Then there's jungle Tahm, who I genuinely do well with, but when things don't go right the "dumbass jungler picked Tahm" shit comes out.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like that the new login screen videos on youtube are called loin screen haha

also i like these missions much better. 4 weeks is plenty of time, a lot less stressful and demanding of your time

zkylon

zkylewd
that's kind of league for u

tanks with % hp dmg > assassins every time :>

not saying that's bad or anything, fuck assassins (except my dear leblanc <3)

zkylon

zkylewd
dude where are my lux buffs

this patch was mage-less again

i mean it's awesome that mages are balanced but u know i want lux buffs

Jarsonot

Hey All!

I've been playing quinn recently, and (keep in mind I'm not that good) I found getting a lifesteal item first really helped me out.

So I've been starting long sword into vampiric scepter.

Then at first I went bloodthirster for 80 AD and 20 lifesteal, but then I thought maybe BOTRK for some AS too?

And THEN I looked quinn up and nobody seems to be putting much lifesteal on her at all. Seems like most go ghostblade and then more lethality or crit chance.

SO.

I'm not that good, and I think I need the lifesteal, so my question is, which item would you recommend?

Newt

Hey All!

I've been playing quinn recently, and (keep in mind I'm not that good) I found getting a lifesteal item first really helped me out.

Then at first I went bloodthirster for 80 AD and 20 lifesteal, but then I thought maybe BOTRK for some AS too?

And THEN I looked quinn up and nobody seems to be putting much lifesteal on her at all. Seems like most go ghostblade and then more lethality or crit chance.

SO.

I'm not that good, and I think I need the lifesteal, so my question is, which item would you recommend?
www.lolalytics.com

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey All!

SO.

lifesteal is more for champions that are gonna be staying a long while in a fight

quinn doesn't really want to fight, just catch someone out of position and blow them up, so she doesn't have a great need for lifesteal

idk what ppl buy on quinn cos i haven't played her in a while but i used to do like youmuus into black cleaver and then mostly like assassin items like duskblade or maw of malmortious and such, depending of how strong i was and who i was facing and shit

i don't think bjork is too good for her atm, they nerfed it a lot for her to get too much value out of it

Red Kayn is so annoying to deal with. Stealing my life and then slipping away through the walls. Wish I had the Ip to play him cause he seems really fun.

Jarsonot

Don't go lifesteal on Quinn.

lifesteal is more for champions that are gonna be staying a long while in a fight

quinn doesn't really want to fight, just catch someone out of position and blow them up, so she doesn't have a great need for lifesteal

idk what ppl buy on quinn cos i haven't played her in a while but i used to do like youmuus into black cleaver and then mostly like assassin items like duskblade or maw of malmortious and such, depending of how strong i was and who i was facing and shit

i don't think bjork is too good for her atm, they nerfed it a lot for her to get too much value out of it

okay, I'll try it out. I noticed that her passive (harrier, bird marks a target) has it's cooldown lowered by crit chance, so I'll sub crit items for lifesteal and see what's what.

She's really fun to play. =)

zkylon

zkylewd
more runes stuff: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/nVHz5tjE-runes-corner-meteor-sneak-peek

3ePDVQ7.gif

that thing deals a ton of damage and is on a really short cooldown lategame, i like it. i also appreciate it has like vfx signaling it's up and shit. i generally track thunderlords but it's hard to know for sure since the cooldown scales and whatnot

i wonder if it'll replace thunderlords, there seems to be a ton of overlap

okay, I'll try it out. I noticed that her passive (harrier, bird marks a target) has it's cooldown lowered by crit chance, so I'll sub crit items for lifesteal and see what's what.

She's really fun to play. =)

yeah you can do like a regular adc crit build with statik shiv and infinity edge if you're feeling like it

it works but i don't personally enjoy it so much

more runes stuff: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/nVHz5tjE-runes-corner-meteor-sneak-peek

3ePDVQ7.gif

that thing deals a ton of damage and is on a really short cooldown lategame, i like it. i also appreciate it has like vfx signaling it's up and shit. i generally track thunderlords but it's hard to know for sure since the cooldown scales and whatnot

i wonder if it'll replace thunderlords, there seems to be a ton of overlap

thats cool

see this is cool shit

now what if they added a rune

that increased melee damage by 20%
and lets their auto attacks slow by 20% for 1 second

drawkcaB

Oh oh oh oh I know! How about a rune that let's a champion use an ability on a target that they normally aren't allowed to use it on like letting Tahm eat blue and red buff!!!

Get it done Riot!

EDIT: Client splash looks like fan art.

Top Bottom