• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1/2 remaster releases December 10th

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
So this is one of the games showing at state of play. Anyway, just a remaster, so not really day one, but will get them down the line for a collection if they remaster/remake the rest like blood omen and defiance.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Devoloped by Aspyr

images

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Somehow I missed out on these games due to college stuff. Definitely am gonna check them out for sure.

Are they comparable to anything modern? How inspirational were they to future IPs?

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Blood Omen too!? Don't play with my heart, fuck yes! Day 0!

Edit: misread, just Soul Reaver, damn. Still day 1 though lol

Last edited:

bundylove

Banned
Cant really tell the difference but if its anything like tomb raider its an insta buy.
Wish defiance would be a part of this collection as thats still the best one of the 3.

I´m so tired of remasters BUT HOLLY COW!!! Yes, i´m all for this one!
Finally, like in every SR post i´m in, i really hope someday the cancelled Soul Reaver 2 Dreamcast port gets leaked or released or something....

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: GHG

keefged4

It does look lazy. But Day 1. Anything Legacy of Kain is insta buy from me. Hopefully will be on Steam too.

DonF

I know everyone tired of remakes and remasters but I would have been happier with a modern day remake of this series, it has so much potential.
I dont remember details about the original soul reaver, but I do remember that it blew my mind at the time. Like it was waaay too good for a ps1 game. I also remember that the ending was disappointing and that the game, even if it was good, it was kinda short.

I think it would benefit of a remake and to be stitched right away into part 2.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I dont remember details about the original soul reaver, but I do remember that it blew my mind at the time. Like it was waaay too good for a ps1 game. I also remember that the ending was disappointing and that the game, even if it was good, it was kinda short.

I think it would benefit of a remake and to be stitched right away into part 2.
It was sick on Dreamcast. I couldn't play the PS1 version.

Top Bottom