• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1/2 remaster releases December 10th

dmaul1114

Played and loved 1 on Dreamcast back in the day. Definitely have my eye on these to replay that one and 2 that I never played. Just a matter of finding time with my long list of games I’d like to get to.

lifa-cobex

Remaster Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain you cowards. The Soul Reaver games kind of suck actually.
Go Away GIF

EerieArcade

I absolutely adore the original Blood Omen, but I never played much of the Soul Reaver games. I think I played around 2-3 hours of the first one. Will pick these up and give them a go though.

This is all good.... what I kind of want- I know this is unrelated.... but the atmosphere always kind of had the same vibe was - if anyone remembers the cancelled Dreamcast Chakan game. Some kind of modern chakan game - which would jive great as a souls style game and make perfect sense, its not even that far out from souls games its just another THING they could do.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I hope it just plays slightly better for modern controls. That was my main issue on an emulator and not the visuals.

That said I’m a retard so day one.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

RavageX

Defiance wasn't received well. both due to the gameplay and the story I think.

Yeah that's right, I remember now.

Well I think this is one game I'll leave in my memories. There are too many games out there for me to go back and re-play one that might taint the memory I have. Good for those that haven't played it though.

I my opinion, you can tell that creativity with games seems to be heading the way it has been with movies. Nothing original, and the ones that are simply try to latch onto whatever is trendy at the time with no real substance.

Maybe I am just a bit jaded with the direction that my lifelong hobby has taken over the years.

Connxtion

I hope it just plays slightly better for modern controls. That was my main issue on an emulator and not the visuals.

That said I’m a retard so day one.
A had to remap the bumpers to left and right on the right stick, not sure how I played it back in the day 😂

I remember playing the first one back in 98 or 99 with some friends from school, but it never clicked with me. I may give it a try now. Maybe nostalgia will help me finish this game xD

Top Bottom