• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Ty4on

Edit:
He was probably thinking that he'd keep being silly.
Basically that people would read it as silly town and he had played silly so he'd look suspicious if he suddenly switched it up.

That read was pure bull BTW. I try to make genuine-ish reads as scum, but really struggled to make one of the townies still alive so I tunneled in on you.

My activity in this game has resembled my scum game, I am aware of that. It's not on purpose. I kinda yo-yo and after Pop some of the drive is missing and at the same time I'm very cautious of not making the same mistakes that I've made as town in the past. The biggest is town reading a scum so I kept doubting and reading my town reads. There's also not that much that has grabbed me. I've struggled to get something substantial from reading Sophia (being this indecisive is weird from a scum or neutral PoV as well) and elsewhere my scum reads have been quite inactive so there's not much grabbing me.

Will you be countervoting Sophia?

Or still going for Bronx today?

Ty4on

Hmm.... cabot was right. You are awfully relaxed. :p
Speaking of cabot, I want him to respond :/

Could you rank the players from those you most want to those you least want to lynch?
The lack of self-awarness here is staggering.
Except that's not how I play scum ;o

Maybe late OW, but I had to mix things up for a shot at winning. Early game I used the good old stay calm and rational strat which worked against Ouro's arguments.

Sophia

Speaking of cabot, I want him to respond :/

Could you rank the players from those you most want to those you least want to lynch?

You > Everyone else > Melon > Splinter and Cabot.

... to be honest, I worry there's someone in the lesser active players who is just blending in because they're not taking a hard stance. Like Kyan or possibly Bronx, for example.

Ty4on

... to be honest, I worry there's someone in the lesser active players who is just blending in because they're not taking a hard stance. Like Kyan or possibly Bronx, for example.

You were uncertain of Splinter, what is making you town read him now?

Kyanrute

pls do not put kyan into a blender

:(

Sophia

pls do not put kyan into a blender

:(

74857010u1smf.jpg

But seriously, you worry me. : |

Ty4on

Why is throwing fluff crap at one another something two scum would never do early on?

I didn't see never. I think it's unlikely.

Anyhow scum's main objective is to not be lynched and you do that in big part by acting townie. Copying a town player is townie. Copying a scum player is not.
Acohrs knows the importance of distancing himself from mates. He did that with Burb in Pop. I think (maybe it's just me) most scum players will agree it's uncomfortable to talk to mates in the thread. There's a power struggle between not wanting to interact in fear it'll look scummy and faking interactions so town won't notice the lack of interactions later. Stealing a talking point from a mate in that context is just weird. It doesn't serve much of a purpose: it's subtle and probably not going to be picked up on and not exactly an important line of thinking for the game. If melon is town though it makes a lot of sense to me. You copy a town player because... they are town. You are less aware of townies as a scum than your mates (unless they're threatening) so he might not have noticed it was just melon and thought it was a general talking point. And it's an easy thing to talk about, it's fluff.

Ty4on

Stealing a talking point from a mate in that context is just weird. It doesn't serve much of a purpose: it's subtle and probably not going to be picked up on and not exactly an important line of thinking for the game.

And it's not a direct interaction. If you want to fake connections you do it by talking to a mate, throwing shade at them etc.

Sophia

A lot of the actions that both acohrs and CCS took were as anti-town as they were anti-scum.

Also maybe it's because of my very first game, but I have a hard time agreeing with you about scummates being uncomfortable talking to each other in the thread. Depending on how the conversation is handed out, the lack of distancing could easily just be seen as a town tell too.

Ty4on

A lot of the actions that both acohrs and CCS took were as anti-town as they were anti-scum.

Also maybe it's because of my very first game, but I have a hard time agreeing with you about scummates being uncomfortable talking to each other in the thread. Depending on how the conversation is handed out, the lack of distancing could easily just be seen as a town tell too.

I'm not sure what you mean. I checked Woof 1 and you conversed with your scum mates two times:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186184679&postcount=217
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186185450&postcount=220

I'm biased af of course, but that looks like typical W/W. It's some talk about... nothing. Only thing missing is some shade.

Sophia

I'm not sure what you mean. I checked Woof 1 and you conversed with your scum mates two times:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186184679&postcount=217
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186185450&postcount=220

I'm biased af of course, but that looks like typical W/W. It's some talk about... nothing. Only thing missing is some shade.

Exactly. It's nothing. No shade, no anything. Had Wolf 1 gone beyond the first day, that probably would have outed cabot. :p

Ty4on

Exactly. It's nothing. No shade, no anything. Had Wolf 1 gone beyond the first day, that probably would have outed cabot. :p

I think you misunderstood me. There is (usually) interaction between scum, that's why I brought up the power struggle thing. They know how bad it looks to not interact.

What I try to look for is if they seem faked.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Hey guys remember terra and magnum?
I'm still here, I just had to catch up. School started back up, so I haven't had as much time to read the thread as I would like. I haven't seen anything that would change my vote so far, though I do find Terra's lack of posting suspicious, since he tends to be more active than me when playing mafia.

So let me see if I can summarize the last posting frenzy.

Ty is convinced melon is town because Pineapples.
Melon is no longer defending herself; the "I don't care" defense.
Some are considering voting for someone because of "low activity town" instead of "I think you're scum", even though we've lost 5 town in two nights.
Speaking of deaths, cabot and splinter think nin might be the SK (gut reads, admittedly), something no one else felt the need to comment on until I just did now.

I do not really get Ty defending melon so "hard" if both are scum. I suppose it could be desperation, but at this point in the game you would think bussing would still be the order of the day. Or just keeping quiet about it and letting the votes go elsewhere. I'm feeling less than good about plan to vote for melon. I really, really don't want "I don't care lynch me lol" to become a valid scum defense, which is what I'm still convinced is going on here. OTOH, I am beginning to worry that now I'M tunneling and can't see something obvious.

If I take melon out of the equation temporarily, I think stan still is a good scum candidate. He's hanging out right in that middle ground where he puts forth an occasional idea, just enough to be noticed, but they don't go far.

I'm also not a fan of the plethora of Kyan's "lolnotscum" votes, but there is basically 0 tangible anything behind that, just "feels".

As for our inactives, I think we can agree that there is almost certainly a scum hiding in there. The problem is we can't really afford to go one by one lynching them. Especially with an SK accelerating the death count.

I don't know if I will be around come day end, so I'm getting my vote down:

vote: melonrabbit

My vote is not set in stone really, and I will make every effort to be on mobile at day end. I will be online a bit longer now as well.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Sorry about being behind. As Magnum said, school just started back up so some of my time got eaten up majorly. So let's take a quick look at the latest vote count.

nin1000 (0)
bronx-man 1924 (2281)

*splinter (1)
kyanrute 1987

terrabyte20xx (1)
cabot 1990 (2136)
nin1000 2137 (2238)
bronx-man 2281

melonrabbit (4)
absolutbro 2046
magnumboy20xx 2055
cabot 2136
*splinter 2203

stanleypalmtree (1)
ynnek7 2067

ynnek7 (0)
nin1000 2077 (2137)

ty4on (2)
sophia 2235
nin1000 2238

So currently in the lead melon. I have stated my stance on her the previous day and nothing has changed my mind on that. Of the vote other vote holders at this time the one I do not feel comfortable the most is Stan.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

Why Stan? He has a bit of an indifference thing going and doesn't really seem to speak unless spoken to. He had a bit of a wagon earlier in the game but that seems to have petered out for no real reason.

Furthermore, I don't really feel like I could get on a Ty vote just yet. I don't know why but something in the back of my mind says not to.

cabot

Yeah, I was a little disappointed that I wasn't replacing a known quantity and having to back track their opinions, I was kinda hoping I would be able to do that but alas. Day 2 was an easy target because I replaced in. Reading day one after the fact is not the same as reading it in progress. You don't get to guage the moments of pause and lack of posting. Stuff like that is what really helps contribute to how I read people.

Speaking of, Magnums lack of discussion also bothers me. It's hard to give a proper read on him when you consider that he is my brother IRL, so I have to try to keep the outside meta to as little as possible as that would be unfair in the game. But the fact is he has pretty much been a non-entity the entire game.

I'm still here, I just had to catch up. School started back up, so I haven't had as much time to read the thread as I would like. I haven't seen anything that would change my vote so far, though I do find Terra's lack of posting suspicious, since he tends to be more active than me when playing mafia.

Are you guys even brothers?

So much shade being thrown at your own kin.

Sawneeks

Banned
Zelda Fact of the Day #9: Did you know that Princess Zelda is named after the American Novelist Zelda Fitzgerald? Now you know!

Current Vote Count:

nin1000 (0)
bronx-man 1924 (2281)

*splinter (1)
kyanrute 1987

terrabyte20xx (1)
cabot 1990 (2136)
nin1000 2137 (2238)
bronx-man 2281

melonrabbit (4)
absolutbro 2046 (2284)
magnumboy20xx 2055
cabot 2136
*splinter 2203
absolutbro 2284

stanleypalmtree (2)
ynnek7 2067
terrabyte20xx 2285

ynnek7 (0)
nin1000 2077 (2137)

ty4on (2)
sophia 2235
nin1000 2238

bronx-man (1)
ty4on 2287

Majority is 7

Day 3 Ends in:
bla_1484866800.png

Vote Count can be found HERE

cabot

cabot fact of the day #1: cabot once backhanded a stranger as he was innocently walking to the bar. Telling stories with flair has consequences.

So let me see if I can summarize the last posting frenzy.

Ty is convinced melon is town because Pineapples.
Melon is no longer defending herself; the "I don't care" defense.
Some are considering voting for someone because of "low activity town" instead of "I think you're scum", even though we've lost 5 town in two nights.
Speaking of deaths, cabot and splinter think nin might be the SK (gut reads, admittedly), something no one else felt the need to comment on until I just did now.

I do not really get Ty defending melon so "hard" if both are scum. I suppose it could be desperation, but at this point in the game you would think bussing would still be the order of the day. Or just keeping quiet about it and letting the votes go elsewhere. I'm feeling less than good about plan to vote for melon. I really, really don't want "I don't care lynch me lol" to become a valid scum defense, which is what I'm still convinced is going on here. OTOH, I am beginning to worry that now I'M tunneling and can't see something obvious.

If I take melon out of the equation temporarily, I think stan still is a good scum candidate. He's hanging out right in that middle ground where he puts forth an occasional idea, just enough to be noticed, but they don't go far.

I'm also not a fan of the plethora of Kyan's "lolnotscum" votes, but there is basically 0 tangible anything behind that, just "feels".

As for our inactives, I think we can agree that there is almost certainly a scum hiding in there. The problem is we can't really afford to go one by one lynching them. Especially with an SK accelerating the death count.

I don't know if I will be around come day end, so I'm getting my vote down:

vote: melonrabbit

My vote is not set in stone really, and I will make every effort to be on mobile at day end. I will be online a bit longer now as well.

Okay. You know what? This melon doesn't care stuff is starting to piss me off. I do care. If I didn't I would fuck off and do better things with my time.

I'm not sure why you think I don't care. I can't really convince people that aren't present or actually not interested in the game not to lynch when they actually can't be bothered. I am not going to change Cabot and Splinter's minds at this point that my mislynching is mistake and they reasoning for doing so are solid, so, I'm not going to scream, "scum" at them.

I can't explain Ty weird defense because sometimes Ty is weird but I also do think he's scum and have just previously discussed with like the 6 other players that actually seem to want to play this game.

So, if you want to vote for me that's fine but, saying bullshit reasons like I don't care and have no interest in defending myself is uncalled for.

cabot

I can't explain Ty weird defense because sometimes Ty is weird but I also do think he's scum and have just previously discussed with like the 6 other players that actually seem to want to play this game.

Who does scum Ty NK, and what's his plan after your town flip?

Sophia

Uhh.... AB I think you failed to realize you were already on melon?

I don't like that re-vote of his. Something about it feels scummy.

Top Bottom