• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
BlWVc_ICQAAkv6h.png

I dont see a Bat-Balloon. Cant claim success till you have a hot air balloon.

Also congrats Wetwired on Stay Puft. Supported.

TRU near work had Simpsons figures near the checkout counter. Went there on lunch and spent ten minutes feeling through bags as people checking out gave me weird looks.
Snagged 16 figures. Time to open and find out if my skills are good.

So toys r us has buy one get one 40% off on pretty much every Lego set they have. I am so tempted to get the sith interceptor (played an assassin in old republic) and maybe something else like mini figures because part of me wants to collect minifigs (Simpsons!!!).
Or
Save money for Lego store in may and get the sand crawler, and the bonus minifig.
Tuff choice

So toys r us has buy one get one 40% off on pretty much every Lego set they have. I am so tempted to get the sith interceptor (played an assassin in old republic) and maybe something else like mini figures because part of me wants to collect minifigs (Simpsons!!!).
Or
Save money for Lego store in may and get the sand crawler, and the bonus minifig.
Tuff choice

Don't they charge $110.00 for the Interceptor when you can pick one up on amazon for $80? I been keeping my eye on getting that set

Or
Tuff choice

Simpsons figures were not BOGO at TRU for me.

But, I did good work in my bag feeling. Took 10 minutes to feel the 20 or so bags in the box, and left with 16 figures. The haul:

Only got dupes of Grandpa and Ralph. Only missing Nelson and Chief Wiggum now. Damn good haul. Most were easy to feel out, but Maggie, Milhouse, Grandpa, and Ralph were harder to tell. Most of the others were pretty easy to tell though.

So, anyone have Nelson and Chief Wiggum they would be willing to trade for Ralph or Grandpa?

Goddaughter turned three this past Sunday and her parents took her to Disneyland to celebrate. Since my Christmas present of the Little Mermaid Duplo went over so well, I decided to get her another set for her birthday.

Picked up this set today for her at my local LEGO store:
10542_alt1.jpg

The Simpsons mini figs really are spectacular. Just a lot of love put into each one. The head sculpts are fantastic, and the little details in the accessories are what make them even better. Ralph with the valentine, Grandpa with the newspaper, Apu with the Squishee cup, Flanders with the southpaw mug, etc. Just so much love poured into every single part of these.

If this is all we get, it is a fantastic entry. But I want more. I want multiple series of CMF from the show. There is so much they can do.

On a side note, why does Bart get a printed skateboard in the CMF line, but in the Simpsons House set it is a sticker you have to put on the board?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Anyone in the UK seen the Simpsons CMFs crop up yet? All these photos are gradually wearing down my resolve to only pick up a couple. Although if they're £3.99 each I probably won't be getting the full set.

Zerojul

Quick question guys, does anyone have an opinion on the SW 7962 Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers set ? I can get it for MSRP but I need to act fast...

neonglow

Quick question guys, does anyone have an opinion on the SW 7962 Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers set ? I can get it for MSRP but I need to act fast...

It's a step up from the last Podracer set. The minifigures like Watto and Sebulba are much better though you can get Sebulba in the much cheaper Planet set. They make good display pieces but I'd only get it if you like Episode 1.

Zerojul

It's a step up from the last Podracer set. The minifigures like Watto and Sebulba are much better though you can get Sebulba in the much cheaper Planet set. They make good display pieces but I'd only get it if you like Episode 1.
Thanks a lot for the input. I decided to get it. Even if Episode I is the movie I like the less among the series, I've grown found of the idea and the designs of some of the vehicles and the scenes in it, and the pod race was one of them. And I don't think we'll see PT sets being redone soon so...

So here is what I have:

Death Star and R2D2.

My issue is I am stuck as what I should collect. The greedy person in me wants to do star wars and the modulars.... but part of me wants to collect minifigures.
Half of the fun is building... but space is at a premium for me....
This is an expensive hobby... and tips?

anybody collect minifigs specifically? is it as fun as it seems to be?

theaface

So here is what I have:

Death Star and R2D2.

My issue is I am stuck as what I should collect. The greedy person in me wants to do star wars and the modulars.... but part of me wants to collect minifigures.
Half of the fun is building... but space is at a premium for me....
This is an expensive hobby... and tips?

anybody collect minifigs specifically? is it as fun as it seems to be?

My personal opinion is the modulars. I'm just drawn to complex sets. The bigger and more complicated, the better. And if you end up with a bit of city, it could be fun to populate with the odd unusual minifigure you pick up along the way!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I used to buy all the sets for most themes whether I actually "needed" them or not.

Since moving in with the GF I now have limited space, but going forward I think I am going to be more just modulars/minifigs than anything else. I've still got all my bricks of course, but for collection/display purposes modulars are definitely the way to do it. They get a lot of attention from visitors too.

So wait, is it time for me to hit up Toys R Us? I thought Simpsons CMFs weren't coming until May 1 but if PB found them, I might too!

STL LEGO GAF btw

Retailers like TRU, Walmart, etc are free to sell the Simpsons CMF now as they see fit so ymmv on them. Lego won't get them in until the "first week" of May, specifically after the Lego Simpsons episode airs.

Bought a couple sets for my parents, was supposed to go visit them today. Got the Spring Bunny for my mom, which was a fun build and it looks really cute in person. Got the little Superman set with Zod and the car for my dad, but I'm gonna keep the car since his desk space is limited and he's really just interested in the figures. Also picked up the last Stark''s Malibu Stacy Explosion set we had, don't know when/if we'll get more and I wanted to give my mom the Iron Man fig since he's the character that my dad used to get her into the Marvel movies. Lastly, picked up Doc Ock's bank truck heist set to give my dad the extra Spidey fig to hang off his computer monitor.

Rootbeer

Banned
So wait, is it time for me to hit up Toys R Us? I thought Simpsons CMFs weren't coming until May 1 but if PB found them, I might too!

STL LEGO GAF btw

If they haven't already sold out of what they got in! Like I said yesterday, I only found 10 packs at mine... better than 0 but still, damn.

I'm hoping they start showing up at Target stores today or the next few days, because that really expands my options.

Rootbeer

Banned
Called my local TRU in Emeryville, CA yesterday and they said they just sold out of the Simpsons figures. Dang!

Sorry... that was me. only 10 packs though :p That TRU is right next to Pixar, tons of rich geeks working there buying up everything (I'm looking at you, John Lasseter!), that's why they never have anything I want to buy. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

If they haven't already sold out of what they got in! Like I said yesterday, I only found 10 packs at mine... better than 0 but still, damn.

I'm hoping they start showing up at Target stores today or the next few days, because that really expands my options.

This is what annoys me so much about random bags. I have NEVER seen a minifigure bag at my local TRU or Target. Always sold out. Wish I could just shop online without throwing my money away on a potential duplicate.

Shit like this kinda turns me off on LEGO in general. Maybe I'm done.

edit: I am definitely getting that Ghostbusters set though! Online.

Going to hit the TRU near home today and try and feel out for the last two Simpsons figures I need. I had tried Wal Mart yesterday before work and half the store is under renovation, so it looks like a tornado hit the toy section and nothing is organized, and the aisles are barely wide enough for one cart to get through. Just terrible.
I did get very lucky at the TRU near work, as I posted last night. Hoping the one near home has the figures today.

I said I was done with the CMF stuff, but the draw of The Simpsons was too powerful to ignore.

Rootbeer

Banned
Bone: you mean after all the ones you bought yesterday they still have more? Sheesh! I want that luck.

Anyway, none at Target, checked two stores.

Bone: you mean after all the ones you bought yesterday they still have more? Sheesh! I want that luck.

Anyway, none at Target, checked two stores.

I would say they had about 25 or so figures at the TRU I went to at about 7pm last night. The box was hiding in a corner of the customer service register, and the guy let me feel through them. And the fact that I was able to feel out and got 14/16 was REALLY good luck. Just hoping I can find the last two I need soon. If not, hopefully trade on here.

Ponn

Banned
We NEED a Lego Viper !

I would love an official Lego Knight Rider with both the mobile semi truck command and a Goliath set as well. I really dig built brick trucks, probably why i'm interested in both that Agents truck set and the TMNT movie set despite the figs looking like ass.

Also Amazon dropped Joker Steamroller down to $41 as well. Ugh, temptation, Hulk Lab Smash, Joker Steamroller. And Amazon is going to start charging tax may 1st as well so i'm reasoning to myself to get purchases in now.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, no more Simpsons at my TRU today. Clerk claimed the LEGO guy who comes around to see what the store needs said they weren't supposed to sell the Simpsons figs yet and he wasn't enthused that they did. Bleh.

I was going to ask where these stores keep the mini figs? I never see them at Target, ToysRus or Walmart.

Target and WalMart usually have them on special hanging displays on the sides at the end of the aisles. It looks like a tall display with a bunch of pockets for the figure packs to go in. Sometimes they just dump the box of figures on a random shelf, which sometimes gets moved to different parts of the store. I one time found a box of CMF in the bathroom products aisle.

TRU usually has a big dump on the side of an endcap, with all the figures dumped into it and you can pull them out of the bottom. They also sometimes put them on top of the little LEGO island that is in the main aisle of the store before the full LEGO section. But, just like WalMart and Target, they sometimes just dump the box on a random shelf in the LEGO section.

I am hoping Five Below gets the figures this time. They are usually really good about having tons of boxes of the CMF when they do get them.

MAJOR LUCKY SIMPSONS HAUL!

I attempted to feel the bags, but apparently I'm terrible at it so I just gave up and bought 16 bags hoping for the best, and I only got two dupes!

I'm willing to trade with Gaffers via USPS-

NEED
Ned Flanders
Itchy (the mouse)

CAN TRADE
Ralph Wiggum
Nelson Muntz

any takers?

Rootbeer

Banned
MAJOR LUCKY SIMPSONS HAUL!

I attempted to feel the bags, but apparently I'm terrible at it so I just gave up and bought 16 bags hoping for the best, and I only got two dupes!

I'm willing to trade with Gaffers via USPS-

NEED
Ned Flanders
Itchy (the mouse)

CAN TRADE
Ralph Wiggum
Nelson Muntz

any takers?
where did you find them? TRU? wal-mart? target? I need leads :p currently no interest in trading... not until I get 2 full sets worth anyway

Sorry... that was me. only 10 packs though :p That TRU is right next to Pixar, tons of rich geeks working there buying up everything (I'm looking at you, John Lasseter!), that's why they never have anything I want to buy. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Eh, that's ok. At least they were bought up by a gaffer. My buddy and I only want Itchy and Scratchy, but we can wait.

That TRU had Movie figures for a while after other places were sold out, but I checked about a week ago and they were finally all gone (probably gone sooner than a week ago).

Regarding Pixar, I knew they were in Emeryville, but I never bothered to see where. I finally stumbled onto their site when I was driving on the side street parallel to the main street (40th) where Target is located. I was like "Oh, here's where Pixar is!"

Rootbeer

Banned
Eh, that's ok. At least they were bought up by a gaffer. My buddy and I only want Itchy and Scratchy, but we can wait.

That TRU had Movie figures for a while after other places were sold out, but I checked about a week ago and they were finally all gone (probably gone sooner than a week ago).

Regarding Pixar, I knew they were in Emeryville, but I never bothered to see where. I finally stumbled onto their site when I was driving on the side street parallel to the main street (40th) where Target is located. I was like "Oh, here's where Pixar is!"

Well if it makes you feel any better, I didn't get an itchy *OR* scratchy in my purchase (full details on what figs I got in a prior post on the previous page)

And yeah, I got some of my LEGO Movie CMFs there too, but this was like, February or so. I felt up a box and a half to get a full set I needed. Good times, if being looked at weird by all the moms buying diapers is your idea of a good time :p LEGO is worth it!

Anyway... I have 8 of the 16... so once i finally find another box, I only have to feel for 8... I'm okay with that.

Rootbeer

Banned
TRU. Full box hidden at the electronics department counter.

Thanks. figures :) Congrats. Man, i'm beat... I don't have it in me to go to another TRU today. Glad others are having luck though.

BTW, i'm seeing full sets *in hand* with free shipping for $99 "buy it now" on ebay if anyone isn't interested in hunting. may be worth it if you have terrible luck and/or hate disappointment :p

Top Bottom