• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

That's not all the sets though, right? There's at least one more, the castle/fortress, isn't there? They even made a video with three different versions asking people to vote.

As for new moulds, it looks to me like

minifig heads
MOB heads
armor
weapons/items

Also, that mine set looks enormous. Gonna fit perfectly with the "underground" themed shelf I'm making.

Friggin' Lego stickin in exclusive MOBs into the parts box. Unless there's another set or two with it that looks to be the only way to get a Mooshroom and at least one other MOB that I don't immediately recognize.

Kinda odd there isn't a villager minifig. Or a Nether set. Guess they gotta save some stuff for Wave 2 right?

AFAIK, that is it for this wave.

Ryuuroden

Holyshit, just found out just now that the guy who did that epic Serenity Lego MOC from Firefly has a massive toy store like an hour and half from me. And I do a lot of work up there too. He has massive LEGO model displays too and sells a lot of individual LEGO as he has a bricklink store. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I am soo going up there sometime.

Eklipsis

I used to but it seems activity on their forums has slowed down a lot over the last year.

I've joined recently and I'm going to try a contest but I'm afraid my MOCing isn't up to par....I may have to load some pics up in here and see what you guys think.

Holyshit, just found out just now that the guy who did that epic Serenity Lego MOC from Firefly has a massive toy store like an hour and half from me. And I do a lot of work up there too. He has massive LEGO model displays too and sells a lot of individual LEGO as he has a bricklink store. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I am soo going up there sometime.

What's his bricklink store? :eek:

Ponn

Banned
I thought it was mentioned but plastic man is not showing on gamestop anymore as a preorder bonus. Didn't anyone confirm if you still get him or should I preorder in store?

Also it's Labor Day weekend and I resolved to put at least one set together. Should I do Alien Conquest Abduction, Tripod Invader or White House.

I thought it was mentioned but plastic man is not showing on gamestop anymore as a preorder bonus. Didn't anyone confirm if you still get him or should I preorder in store?

Also it's Labor Day weekend and I resolved to put at least one set together. Should I do Alien Conquest Abduction, Tripod Invader or White House.

White House.

Fowler

All of the above. ALIEN INVASION.

Does anyone frequent the toys and bricks forum? Or do any of their contests?

I used to all the time. It's my go to place for deals, but lately LEGO-GAF has been pretty good for deals. Now I usually check out the forums for clearances.

I entered their 2012 microbuild contest shortly after my dark ages. I had to use my kids' LEGO because I only had a few sets worth of LEGO at the time. I ended up winning 2nd place. :)

I concur with neonglow, activity isn't as high as it used to be in the forums.

neonglow

In the US, Plastic Man has never appeared as a bonus on the website. We only know about it since it was mention in the Game Informer magazine.

AFAIK, that is it for this wave.

Yeah, I looked it up and you're right, there is no castle or fort set. How strange? They totally posted a video with three distinct looking castles and asked for feedback on which way they should go. I wonder if they just decided to scrap the idea all together?

Anyway, next wave I could totally see:

Jungle Temple with Steve, ocelot, and skeleton figs, plus some watermelon bricks

Village with Steve, Villager or two, (or maybe an Iron Gollum instead of a second Villager) a building or two (library maybe) and a little farm area

Fortress, maybe a 3-in-1 type set where they actually do the castles they previewed months ago. Steve, dog, and Creeper plus a ton of different grey bricks to make the walls

Witch's Hut, with Steve, Witch, squid or a mooshroom, a hut on some blue plates with lillypads, brick-built boat, cauldron

Nether Fortress, this would be the huge $90+ set, part of a fortress with Steve, Zombie Pigmen, Wither, and a Blaze

Maybe a smaller set that could be Steve and a brick-built horse, maybe even a Creative Kit 2 with parts to build more animal mobs like a wolf or different types of horses, rabbits, etc.

iuuk

Finally got my exo-suit yesterday. I guess these were cancelled orders, because the soulder pads didn't use the new mould (still has terrible connection, 2 even had none at all);

IRs0Z3Q.jpg
"Oh hi there"
Yes, guys, Manchester United are playing terrible.

Fragile but great set.

Rootbeer

Banned
santa's workshop + free $99 elves set + double vip + new minifigure series :3

guess tumbler will be october then for me. if I get it. I'll hodgepodge a $99 order for Sept 1st, still a lot of SW stuff I need.

Rootbeer

Banned
So a new exclusive set revealed on October 6th.

This has to be the Slave I.

Fuuu~~~UUU~~~UUUU~~UCK

YES!

Hope it's not over $300, $200 would be nice

Shall own. And then... Await an updated Falcon UCS which hopefully will come out sometime in 2015 or 2016 (Episode VII version?)

ghostmind

LEGO has also stated that they will be showing a new theme, for the first time, at NYCC on October 9th.

Jurassic World? (a little early maybe)

Zerojul

By the way I've heard a rumor about the next modular being a Detective Agency. It could be interesting but I'm really not sure if it's plausible and I don't know if it's from a reliable source...

ghostmind

Actually, now that you mention the modulars... the Parisian Restaurant was revealed on October 4th last year, so an October 6th reveal for the next modular would make perfect sense.

So the exclusive set reveal on October 6th has to be Slave I... or the next modular.

Xp6uSMy.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
So October's looking awesome then!

That free set looks pretty generous for parts, but hopefully the exclusive is a new modular as well. Probably going to hold off on buying stuff this month then cash-in for double vip october.

ghostmind

I'm really happy to see that the two Holiday 2014 exclusives will add on to the Santa's Workshop Winter Village set.

Due to that I am going to forgo putting up the entire Village this year, and just go with Santa's Workshop, and the supporting sets.

Man I have this feeling that minifig is gonna go fast and I probably won't be able to buy anything until next weekend...

Anyways October's promotion...ouch, wallet will hurt.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
...I really need a proper Lego storage setup. Too many loose bits and bobs around, so I ended up spending a few hours on sorting/storing pieces.

Rootbeer

Banned
Man I have this feeling that minifig is gonna go fast and I probably won't be able to buy anything until next weekend...

Anyways October's promotion...ouch, wallet will hurt.

it's a really nice deal though... assuming you want santa's workshop (and if you don't... what's wrong with you!?)

So apparently there's a new "Monster Fighter" set out? My coworker just posted it on her Instagram.

It's one of those small yellow boxes, like the wedding cake topper or the graduation set. It's Lord Vampyre, his coffin, a chain and a lock on the coffin, a red spider, and it sits on a 4x8 grey plate.

Has anyone else seen these? Or were there ANY hints or rumors? I was completely shocked seeing the picture. Here's hoping they make more!!!

Lemme try to post a picture:

AAGkPrh.png

Rootbeer

Banned
I want that set!

*edit* oops i thought it was new printing, but i searched for the wrong figure name. same as other monster hunter sets! still cool

good to see they have SOME halloween themed stuff coming out this season... even if it's tiny as heck :)

(i really should order haunted house as my Sept 1st order shouldn't I?)

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone get the LEGO Fusion sets?

I've seen them both at TRU and LEGO Retail... curious about GAF impressions too. I tried watching some youtube videos after the app came out... but, i'm unsure.

It feels a bit limited in what you can do... but I'm open to being convinced.

I like that they are experimenting with more digital stuff though.

Just give us a Minecraft clone already and stop dicking around LEGO

Eklipsis

So apparently there's a new "Monster Fighter" set out? My coworker just posted it on her Instagram.

It's one of those small yellow boxes, like the wedding cake topper or the graduation set. It's Lord Vampyre, his coffin, a chain and a lock on the coffin, a red spider, and it sits on a 4x8 grey plate.

Has anyone else seen these? Or were there ANY hints or rumors? I was completely shocked seeing the picture. Here's hoping they make more!!!

AAGkPrh.png

Know where they got it?

I played with Lego Fusion extensively at work the other day, the town building one.

It's pretty cool, I can see kids being really into it, but for people our age it's very limited. You can only use the types of bricks that come in the box, your building front can only be a certain height/width.

Essentially, from what I saw, you're running around a town and someone will need something. Food, medical attention, pictures, a robbery happens, etc. So you use the special plate included in the box, and you build the front of your building. Let's say there's a fire. You build the fire station, scan it, make it into a proper building, and place it. Then you run inside, and you become a fireman. You find the fire, put it out, and get coins. Run around the town looking for more tasks, etc. Build a skate shop, buy a skateboard, create ramps to do tricks on.

I'm kinda hoping that they eventually update the brick database to accept more bricks, but who knows. As it stands right now I could imagine (and witnessed) kids having a lot of fun with it. Hopefully they keep the app updated with new tasks and things.

I personally want to try the racing one.

Know where they got it?

The Lego Store!

They should theoretically be showing up at Lego Stores everywhere? $7.99 each.

I already have three Lord Vampyres (Haunted House, Castle, Hearse) and two coffins (Castle and Hearse) yet I still want this for some reason? Would make really nice party favors at a Halloween party actually. Hmm.

Rootbeer

Banned
A few of the 297 pieces I received today...

PYNer9rl.jpg

Not just because it's cool, but because Wolverine needs a worthy foe. And bowser needs a worthy meal.

Ponn

Banned
All of the above. ALIEN INVASION.

White House

Thanks guys. I was tempted to do Lake Town Chase because apparently there is a LoTR marathon on today and I feel like watching both Hobbit movies tomorrow so would have been perfect BUT yea I think i'm going to try to build White House and both Alien sets instead to make room for upcoming Lego sets.

In the US, Plastic Man has never appeared as a bonus on the website. We only know about it since it was mention in the Game Informer magazine.

Ahhh ok, I could have sworn at some point I saw the promo on the website though. I guess maybe I will call my local store. I just vowed never to go into one again but yea, need that Plastic Man. I'm just trying to decide to get it on Vita or PS3. I really enjoyed the Marvel game alot and if its going to be like that then I will go for PS3 version.

Actually if you look at that October calendar just posted you can see that set in the bottom right corner kind of. If its cheap I might get it but I already got a couple coffins and three vampires from all the MH sets I already got. Maybe if I get a couple more I can make a Super Sentai team of Lord Vampyres.

Rootbeer

Banned
I plopped down $5 for LEGO Batman 3 (PS4) pre-order at my local GS after the announcement, this will be my first gamestop exclusive minifig acquisition so... i hope it goes smoothly. Yeah, having it not even listed on the website is discouraging.

I usually hear about stores having leftover pre-order bonuses afterwards too.

I was once in gamestop and a guy in front of me was trying to get a pre-order exclusive for a game that was releasing that day. the manager said he'd give him the bonus (not a minifig, but i don't recall what it wass) if he pre-ordered another game in the store.

So... try it! Maybe you can get a second plastic man if you pre-order another game on release day? Depending on how the management feels about it.

Who knows where those figures will end up if they don't go to well-meaning LEGO maniacs like us? ;) Given how past LEGO games have went, I don't see it being much of a sellout.

I know this is YMMV, but when I went to preorder it at GameStop, the guy didn't know if they'd gotten the figure in yet and felt bad I was leaving empty-handed (I told him I didn't expect them to have any, the game is still months away) but he gave me a Wild West Emmet for the time being.

The dudes at my local GS are probably the best/nicest/friendliest employees of the company I've ever met. Anomaly.

Edit: Son of a bitch, so I'm gonna have to spend $200 on Lego in December to get both of the exclusive sets, aren't I? Goddamn.

ghostmind

By the way I've heard a rumor about the next modular being a Detective Agency. It could be interesting but I'm really not sure if it's plausible and I don't know if it's from a reliable source...

Yes, there has been a rumor floating around about a Detective Agency for a bit now. This morning someone on Brickset stated that it was the same price as the Parisian Restaurant.

wetwired

awesome, I was hoping for a police station of some sort, the naming of "detective agency" seems odd to me though.

hopefully that means all those VIP bonus come early to us here in Australia/UK in September. I'm holding off on my Tumble purchase in hope for double VIP

Top Bottom