• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's amazing how many strange models have been released by Lego. I just came across this:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4999-1

It's HUGE. And it works, check Youtube for 4999 Vestas Wind Turbine.

There's also this thing from the Education line which works and uses wind to generate power (rather than requiring power to turn). http://brickset.com/sets/9688-1

29_2101_na_3.jpg

Soooooo glad they went back to odd numbers to make the distribution better. I wonder if that means the 30 count boxes flopped and are no longer available.

The only problem I see is that people will want millions of the hun and/or his cape. And maybe that the swashbuckler will be rather unwanted. But they have few of obviously bland figures like the lifeguard and the joker.

Is there actually anything new releasing on Sep 1st, on the European shop?

Edit: Seems to be just the new Mixels. And then Santa House in October.

The only problem I see is that people will want millions of the hun and/or his cape. And maybe that the swashbuckler will be rather unwanted. But they have few of obviously bland figures like the lifeguard and the joker.

WIth old even numbers we may have ended up with 2 Huns instead, so I'm very happy with at least 3 Huns in a box. I think they could have gone with 3 Dino Hunters and make Goth/Spooky Girl or Genie Girl 4. Happy with distribution. I don't think I'll have a hard time finding any ones I want. It was a pain with the 2's.

Seems like a nice parts set, but I won't even consider that set until it's at least 30% off.

My coworkers got me a really nice going away card and they also all pitched in to get me a $200 Visa gift card. It was an obscenely generous gift. As the person who presented it to me said, "It isn't that bad when so many people work here. And the fact that you were really well liked all the years you have been here."

Was hard to keep a dry eye the rest of my shift yesterday. But that Visa gift card will have to wait for October. Double VIP and the Tumbler are calling.

Wil348

I've loved LEGO ever since I was really young, I think I own a bit too much actually! I haven't really had a lot of money for LEGO this year as I was saving for a PS4, but I managed to get Benny's Spaceship, Emmet's Mech, a couple of Ultra Agents sets and the Exo Suit recently.

I'm excited for the Minecraft sets, they look really interesting (especially the crafting box one). I might also ask for the Milano Spaceship Rescue for Christmas if I haven't asked for too many games.

I picked up a Super Secret Police Dropshow with a 20% off sticker from the Lego Store (box was damaged).

Looking at my receipt, they still charged full price.
Call them ASAP to let them know, take it back and get it fixed.

When a set is discounted by Lego it scans at that price, but when it's a damaged item we have to do the discount manually so the person either didn't see the sticker or forgot. Take it back and they'll fix it. :)

Ponn

Banned
On a related note, Tumbler is out for shipping today according to tracking. Hype times infinite billion.

Holy shipping Batman! I guess you could say justice was delivered.

I don't know where I was going with that. Back to making October and Brick Friday purchase plans.

Triple VIP was already done this year in April. I believe Black Friday was not Triple VIP last year, though people were hoping it was.

In the US, the weekend before Black Friday was Triple VIP last year (I found the email). This past April was double VIP points, but only from the 1-15th (still had the email for that too).

Ryuuroden

In the US, the weekend before Black Friday was Triple VIP last year (I found the email). This past April was double VIP points, but only from the 1-15th (still had the email for that too).

Yeah and it was only online. I figured they would offer it at stores plus I couldn't have anything shipped to me at that time so I lost out. I was not pleased. They did offer it in stores but you had to be specially invited and even though I spend like 2-3k there a year I guess it's not enough :/

ghostmind

Well that went much easier than last month...

Order placed with the free Space Retro set and the Chima Worriz bike.

FYI, Mixels S3 are not up yet as of this post.

neonglow

If new sets aren't not up before I go to bed, I'll probably just head to the LEGO store tomorrow. What did everyone end up purchasing?

Ah. Looking at my account history, it was double VIP in April. Triple VIP was on the Lord Business' Lair set in July. My mistake.

Rootbeer

Banned
If new sets aren't not up before I go to bed, I'll probably just head to the LEGO store tomorrow. What did everyone end up purchasing?

Hmm what other new sets should be there other than mixels?

And I ordered the Monster Fighters Haunted House! (granted, it is out of stock so I won't get it till late Sept probably)

I still might put in another order for the very last SW sets I need... it would barely top $100 so I could get more freebies... we'll see.

I just put in two bricklink orders today as well (small ones.)

*edit* just got my e-mail from S@H, glad they fixed that. It still took a while to arrive though. Over 30 minutes.

neonglow

Hmm what other new sets should be there other than mixels?

And I ordered the Monster Fighters Haunted House! (granted, it is out of stock so I won't get it till late Sept probably)

I still might put in another order for the very last SW sets I need... it would barely top $100 so I could get more freebies... we'll see.

I just put in two bricklink orders today as well (small ones.)

*edit* just got my e-mail from S@H, glad they fixed that. It still took a while to arrive though. Over 30 minutes.

I'm hoping the Halloween sets will make it up.

Bought a nice large bag of loose Lego from the flea market today but it has quite a few of those soccer/NBA pieces...they are kinda unwieldy so I'm not sure what to do with them haha

Rootbeer

Banned
The Friends calendar would be useful for filling empty space in some modular... Like the second floor in Green Grocer or Pet Shop.

Or the Friends Mall :) It's really nice honestly.

Reasons I can't devote more to Friends stuff (in general):
1) space
2) colors are less suitable for MOCs I'm working on or interested in working on in the future
3) money better spent on other LEGO sets, IMO...

Now, if I had a daughter...
I do own Dolphin Cruiser, all of the Animals polybags and a few other sets, just for the record. Oh... and I want to get the News Van

Top Bottom