• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leisure Suit Larry |OT| Every Bachelor Gets a Fresh New Start

Cheddahz

Banned
leisure-suit-larry-reloaded-05-700x464.jpg

Leisure Suit Larry is back and he wants you to forget all about those past two games that were released!

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded is a remastered version of the point n' click game that was beloved by many and started up the phenomenal series of point n' click games (well besides the last two games....). The player plays as Larry Laffer, a 40 year old virgin that just wants to get laid and he'll do anything to make that happen! This version of the game is fully remastered in beautiful HD animation and looks just like a game that could be new! There have been achievements added as well, so you'll have a reason to play through this adventure of Larry Laffer many times!

MSRP: $19.99

Steam (It will work on both PC and Mac!)
Amazon (DRM-free)
GOG

Screenshots:

Reviews:

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: Wot I Think
Strategy Informer - 6.5/10
Game Informer - 6/10
Gamespot - 4/10
IGN - 4.1/10

Pakkidis

Nostalgia overload. I have the original sierra LSL collection. How much are those worth?

For the record. LSL 7 is one of the best point and click adventure games out there.

Ceebs

Nostalgia overload. I have the original sierra LSL collection. How much are those worth?

For the record. LSL 7 is one of the best point and click adventure games out there.

Very true. I will probably hold off for a sale on this one. I own like 3 versions of this game already through the collections sold over the years.

I just got my Kickstarter Steam key and downloaded the game. First impressions are very good. The graphics are nice enough and the music and voice work is great. I'm sure I'll be having a lot of fun with this - especially since I never played the first Larry game.

Yeah, and Love for Sail really was one of the best adventure games ever. Everyone should get it at gog.com.

Edit: I forgot to mention how ironic it is that this is the first "big" retro Kickstarter game that was officially released. Given how much bad press this campaign got in comparison to the Double Fine Adventure and some of the other projects, it's good to say that it all worked out in the end.

There is so much detail. You can spend over 10 minutes on a single screen just clicking on stuff with every action and getting unique dialogue.

FrsDvl

I just played this for a few minutes, i'm pretty bad at this. Is there anything to do at all in that bar? I just closed the game cause i couldn't figure it out. I'll try again when i have some more time to concentrate i guess.

I just played this for a few minutes, i'm pretty bad at this. Is there anything to do at all in that bar? I just closed the game cause i couldn't figure it out. I'll try again when i have some more time to concentrate i guess.

Even though this is the remake of the streamlined VGA remake of the semi-textual original game, LSL1 is not one of the most friendly point&click adventures. Some struggling at the beginning is to be expected.

I am willing to pay full price to support game like this but I am waiting to see how people are enjoying the experience! Any updates a few hours in?

MoosiferX

I kickstarted this, and while I'm pretty happy overall, the animation kind of feels like generic flash animation to me. Don't get me wrong, the detail is great, and I like how things are actually drawn, it's just when things starts moving it feels pretty cheap. I fired up LSL7 Love for Sail, and I think everything in that game still looks better.

LOVING everything else about the game, though!

Santar

It looks lovely and the voices are great, love that you get so many unique dialoges when just trying random stuff.
A bit dissapointed that there's so few animations of Larry actually interacting with the world around him though. Like whenever he picks up something the narrator only says he does it, you never see him actually pick something up, or when you wash your hands in the sink again Larry doesn't move at all. Kinda breaks the immersion a bit for me.Makes it feel a bit cheap.
I'm pretty sure VGA remake had a lot more of these kinds of animations, at least I 100% sure Larry 6 did.

Is it wrong that I want to buy this... from the eventual Steam sale? I have played the original and the VGA version to death.

inm8num2

Happy to see this is generally getting good reviews around the web. I sound like an asshole but I'll pick it up when it's cheap or inevitably in a bundle.

The slew of kickstarter games (especially adventure ones) are going to need as much positive momentum as they can get. Nearly every budget has been stretched immensely thin, but hopefully people like what they see.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
There's now a GOG.com release.

I have to say, the puzzles are somewhat different from the original. I don't remember the remote having flat batteries in the original (and I seem to remember getting the remote from the drunk guy outside the bathroom after giving him a whiskey, wich I didn't in this release).

And I can't find any batteries anywhere! :p

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I hope so. The condomless hooker ride at the beginning was my introduction to the dangers of unprotected sex.

It does, but you don't have to restart from the beginning.

It looks lovely and the voices are great, love that you get so many unique dialoges when just trying random stuff.
A bit dissapointed that there's so few animations of Larry actually interacting with the world around him though. Like whenever he picks up something the narrator only says he does it, you never see him actually pick something up, or when you wash your hands in the sink again Larry doesn't move at all. Kinda breaks the immersion a bit for me.Makes it feel a bit cheap.
I'm pretty sure VGA remake had a lot more of these kinds of animations, at least I 100% sure Larry 6 did.
It's been so long since I last played it, I could be wrong but I want to say the VGA version had limited animation as well. I don't remember much incidental animation like picking up objects or washing him hands.

Cheddahz

Banned
Added the GOG link and some reviews to the OP, sounds like a lot of the reviews are really mixed so far

If anyone here writes up something about the game, I'll add it to the OP

Played a bit of this yesterday. I had only played Passionate Patty and parts of Love For Sail as a kid. So far satisfied for $20. Backgrounds are great, voice acting is great, music is great. I guess my only complaint is the lack of animations and that some the of the art almost seems "too sharp." Like it doesn't fit into the world. But that might be a byproduct of playing it on a 27" 1440p monitor. Still, excited to see more. I haven't actually played a point-and-click adventure game in years.

Played a bit of this yesterday. I had only played Passionate Patty and parts of Love For Sail as a kid. So far satisfied for $20. Backgrounds are great, voice acting is great, music is great. I guess my only complaint is the lack of animations and that some the of the art almost seems "too sharp." Like it doesn't fit into the world. But that might be a byproduct of playing it on a 27" 1440p monitor. Still, excited to see more. I haven't actually played a point-and-click adventure game in years.

A lot of the game looks great but yeah, some of the non-background art is rough. The taxi in particular is by far the worst-looking thing in the game. It looks like a drawing of a car I did when I was 12 years old. Looks alright once you're in though.

Anyway, more good than bad so far. Haven't played that much, will dig into it some more this weekend.

For whatever reason I always think of this series as Love Suit Larry, have to remind myself every time that's not what's it's called.

Gamespot's review was rough, 4.0

Zukuu

Banned
Just finished it. You can btw turn off the bubbles! Just humiliate the handle for 50 times or so. :p Also gives a steam-achievement.

Hope we'll see a Larry 8 instead of another Larry remake now.

Top Bottom