• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's make you puke if you see Zanzibar one more time!

Drexon

Banned
50 minutes of gameplay, from Bungie.net. *Agh*

"While watching the live stream from MLG I decided I'd do a little recording, what I got was 50 minutes of Halo2 Action. I uploaded it to yousendit.com and thought I'd share it with you guys. I have never used yousendit.com so I am not sure how many transfers it can use. However I will be letting halo.bungie.org get on it tommorow. Check it out if ya like.. and don't forget, I rule and you love me. ;)

Halo2 ROCKS!"

http://zerotracker.com/download.php?ID=2015&NAME=/50MinHalo2Vid.as f .torrent

So I guess this time it's played by a bungie employee?

Gattsu25

Banned
MetatronM said:
Yeah, I'm gonna pass on this one. I really can't watch another Zanzibar video.

pretty much. great level, but I'm not watching another minute of this map until i'm in a 4 player match

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
He is a better player then the last 20 minute movie guy, but I have yet to see a movie where sombody uses the vehicles effectivly. They all look like newbies when driving and attacking with them.....

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i'd say it's a better video than the others because it's more action packed... no idiots trying to jump on the warthog then nading a ghost by accident :p

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Cool flag carrier looks like they can get in passanger side of warthog only. This is the first time I have seen it comfirmed in video. That being said, the ENTIRE point of that map is to open up the gate and get the warthog over there for flag pickup and exit. How people are totally missing this obvious tactic is beyond me.

Drexon

Banned
Ok, I'm 30 minutes in. Some sweet action in this one. But some parts are kindla poorly edited. Like the 4 minute break when there's just a connection screen or whatever. :(

Some of the sweet action includes guy with <gun that shoots 3 burst shots> is being shased by a warth and, fires of 5 burst and makes the thing explode. :D Also you can't drive vehicles when you have the flag BUT you can be driven! So time that warth hog with the flag capture and pick the carrier up in the passanger seat. Looks like that's the only place he can be. Also seems to be 3 ways to get the (useless?) sword, A: throw a granade in there, B: jump there using the mills, C: old fashioned way.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I've noticed thus far that NOBODY goes for the sword at all. Do they not know where it is, or is it really just useless in that build? The only other time I have seen the sword in action is the 20 minute video 2 days ago and he got owned in like 5 seconds. I hope it is just not a gimmick weapon.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Not one of us getting Halo 2 will go near Zanzibar until we've tried all the other levels, I can tell. Totally burnt out on it.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Some things I have learned from watching this movie.

+ Shutters on left side of base can have the metal holders shot out to close them
+ Rocket speed and damage are much better balanced in this compared to Halo 1 (PC).
+ Double Needlers rock.
+ Shattering / breaking out the glass is an insanely cool effect
+ Flag carrier can ONLY get in the passanger side of warthog where they are helpless and can't attack.
+ Exploding barrels at key entry points.
+ Shotgun looks like it has retained its close range ownij.
+ Gate opening rox (but was TOTALLY unused)
+ Rag doll physics looked pretty cool as well as the box moving at 42:00 in

? at 6:12 into that video guy gets into passanger of warthog and it doesn't go into first person mode. Didn't know they changed that.

- To many ways into the base. With a well cordinated attacking team this level will be hell to defend.
- Nobody is grabbing sword.
- Nobody uses vechiles correctly and effectivly.
- Turret guns seemed fairly neglected.

Seriously they need to keep the damn newbies off this game and show the players that understand FPS mechanics.

SyNapSe

Sp3eD said:
I've noticed thus far that NOBODY goes for the sword at all. Do they not know where it is, or is it really just useless in that build? The only other time I have seen the sword in action is the 20 minute video 2 days ago and he got owned in like 5 seconds. I hope it is just not a gimmick weapon.

Oh, I would say the Sword is totally useless in that map. As we saw in the 20 min video a few days ago. You can mow someone down w/ duel wield before they ever get close enough to swing at you.

Now, the sword should be fun in maps w/ tons of small hallways that turn a lot :)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
well if they actually made an attempt to get the sword and make their way into one of the billion ways into the base you could cause havoc in the hallways with it. It just strikes me as odd how people can be so excited about a weapon inclusion yet totally neglect it when they play for real :) Shit, that would be the first thing I run to on Defense :)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Seeing how incredibly useful melee attacks were in Halo 1 (assualt fire then shwack in the face tactic), I have seen many people gleeming with joy over it. If you can hold another gun besides the sword then it will be a fantastic 'switch' weapon.

BuddyC

Sp3eD said:
If you can hold another gun besides the sword then it will be a fantastic 'switch' weapon.

You can't dual-wield with the sword (at least you couldn't when I played), but yea, you can between the sword and another weapon.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Yeah that is what I was meaning. I can understand why they wouldn't let you duel hold :)

Tactic for Halo 2, assualt fire to slow them down, then quick switch and lunge. Ownij.

BuddyC

Sp3eD said:
Tactic for Halo 2, assualt fire to slow them down, then quick switch and lunge. Ownij.

If we're thinking of the same lunge technique, that takes a few second to charge, so you've got a dangerous, but effective (when it works) tactic there.

SyNapSe

Sp3eD said:
Yeah that is what I was meaning. I can understand why they wouldn't let you duel hold :)

Why even switch, honestly. A simple melee from your main weapon is probably going to take them down.. at least judging from some of the previous movies. Of course, in those same movies it appeared like someone wielding one weapon would never make it close enough to a guy dual-wielding.

That dual-wielding looks crazy powerful.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
BuddyChrist83 said:
If we're thinking of the same lunge technique, that takes a few second to charge, so you've got a dangerous, but effective (when it works) tactic there.

Hopefully they will change it so that holding it for a bit will unleash a 25% power charge or whatever depending on how long you hold it down. That would make it an ideal combo weapon.

Sai

1.) The Gate is really unnecessary. Instead of grabbing it the "direct" way, it's easier to just grab the flag and make your escape through one of the hallways. Your enemies can't see you runnin' with the flag unless you drop it anyways.

2.) The Chaingun Turret is... Weaker than the Chaingun found on the Warthog. It's powerful, but it wasn't horribly useful, I hear.

3.) Going for the Energy Sword = Death. Usually when folks go for that thing they're shot down by fire from the Battle Rifle. Did you notice how mrsmiley got owned on that part of the map by Smelly so many times?

Saturnman

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Who was excited about the sword? I'm pretty sure everyone saw it as a lame gimmick ill-suited for the distance fighting Halo was made of.

The sword doesn't seem useful in an open environment, but as a secundary weapon in those tight corridors, I see plenty of opportunities.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Is the sword still visible on an invisible guy? Like with the elites in halo 1? If not I can see plenty of fun to be had running round bonking people on the head with it while invisible.

skip

Sp3eD said:
That being said, the ENTIRE point of that map is to open up the gate and get the warthog over there for flag pickup and exit. How people are totally missing this obvious tactic is beyond me.

the warthog is effective, but of all the times I've captured on Zanzibar (at E3 and at that editor's day at the beginning of the month), every one has been by going through the side door and coming back out by myself. nobody really caught on to it, since they were all distracted by the 'hog.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i'm GLAD they're only showing zanzibar. i'd rather be totally surprised by halo 2 when it hits.

anyway, halo 2 needs to get here fast. i swear to fucking god that's all they play in these dorms. it's annoying as hell.

BuG

What's the resolution on this video? I don't want to download 80MB on dial-up if it's going to be something my PC can't run (although at 80MB and 50 minutes, it probably is pretty lo-res).

Top Bottom