• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lion mauls tourist to death in South African National Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

...You guys never watched Ace Ventura?

On topic: Not following safety regulations is unsafe, news at 11

Wildlife should always be viewed while inside or from a distance.
p0yAlsc.gif

Ace Ventura is a timeless masterpiece. Fuck Truman Show, this should have won an Oscar.

Novocaine

Well they won't be breaking the rules again.

That might be insensitive but honestly there's fucking lions outside and they left a window open. Not very bright.

Wildlife should always be viewed while inside or from a distance.
p0yAlsc.gif

My favourite part of those movies.

alterno69

Banned
Damn, this is so sad.

I can't believe so many people have never seen Ace Ventura 2, what's next? Are they going to say they haven't seen the first one either?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I can't believe you guys never saw Ace Ventura 2. You probably never seen the first one either.

Remedy that now.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
People haven't seen Ace Ventura 2.

What in the? I am so old.
Pretty soon we will be able to put a gif of the T-Rex in Jurassic Park getting out of the enclosure and people will be freaking out.

I was at this park in January, definitely a fun experience but they really really stress not leaving the windows open. There were signs everywhere. But in order to get good shots, we would roll them down quickly take a shot and then roll it back up. The tour is also self guided, with outside tour guides or with official tour guides.
It's a damn shame, someone died in the park

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this thread makes me feel strange. i've been living under the impression that the rhino scene is one of the iconic moments of cinema.

Someone shooting the lion before it attacked her or got all the way in the car ?

It just seems weird when something goes wrong around dangerious wildlife no one has a means to prevent or attempted protection.

Lions pounce fast. Even with a gun there would be no way to react to something like that in time.

Siegcram

Someone shooting the lion before it attacked her or got all the way in the car ?

It just seems weird when something goes wrong around dangerious wildlife no one has a means to prevent or attempted protection.
Somehow I doubt they saw the lion coming. If they would have had time to shoot it, they'd have had time to close the window. Since they didn't ...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't see the appeal of these parks and I definitely don't understand not following the rules.

Pretty terrible all around

I saw this video, the girl filming closes the door right away and they all lock their doors and laugh after almost losing their lives. How do you not lock the doors when driving by LIONS?

They don't even lock the doors. They can't even tell if their doors are unlocked or not.

Guevara

I'm trying to picture something as big as a goddamn lion being one meter away from an open car window (and being able to jump partway through such a small opening) without someone noticing.

Shredderi

C'mon please keep the goddamn windows closed for god's sake! Well I guess it's too late to tell that now. It's just such a damn shame to die because of something so stupid and very easily preventable.

Terrible story that sadly could have been easily prevented by using common sense.

I mean, would you expect a lion to open a car door?

Since I have a housecat who happily opens every door handle she can in my house, I have no problem seeing a lion figuring out car doors.

Wag

Yeah, my cat figured out how to open up my apt door. She used to jump and hang from the doorknob (she could never figure out the locks tho 😛).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom