• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LoliPop Chainsaw RePOP to receive multiple fixes, regional pricing confirmed, breast physics coming

Draugoth

Gold Member

Bugs, Fixes and Improvements

Adjustments to bring the behavior of the KAWAII PHYSICS that we are using in UE5 in RePOP closer to that of the physics in the original release will be completed by the end of this week, meaning that the update will be ready next week. However, the time it takes for updates to be reflected on each platform is different; we will share further information when available on Twitter (X).

The fix for the comic-style character intros on Xbox is complete and and available via an update.

We can confirm that some dialogue not playing is due to a bug (no dialogue was consciously removed) and this falls under the scope of bug fixes.

We are currently working to fix other bugs as well, and would appreciate bug reports being sent to us at games_info@dragamigames.co.jp

Please be assured that development for the PS4 and Xbox One will not be delayed due to work on bug fixes.

UPDATE (09/20): Outside of bugs, we would also like to confirm that we have also received reports regarding the following issues and requested features, and that we plan to implement fixes with upcoming patches:

・Steam cloud saves not functioning as intended
・Graphic settings and optimization
・Steam Deck support
・Ultra wide support
・Alternate controller button icons for PC
・The ability to set text and voice language separately (e.g. English text with Japanese voices)

Regional Pricing

Regarding regional pricing, we have heard your comments regarding this and acted accordingly: We have submitted the price request to Steam, and will announce the prices once we have the approval of the platforms.

UPDATE (09/20): Unfortunately, Steam has refused our request, citing that prices cannot be changed until 30 days after release. We will re-submit a request as soon as possible, in mid-October. We are aware that this places it outside of the early purchase 10% discount window, and are considering options to handle this issue.

Physical Releases

Regarding physical releases on console, here is information for the various regions:

・North America: Available from Limited Run Games (please direct inquiries about the NA physical release to them)
・Japan: To be released next week (September 25)
・Europe: A license agreement has been made for a physical release, but we have not yet received any information from our partner regarding the schedule. We will let you know when a date is confirmed.

The game does have a language change option built in, meaning that if you purchase a Japanese physical version, the language can be changed to English (via Display on the main menu).

Krathoon

Gold Member
I notice there are a few hitches when I played. I had some repeat audio. I hope they fix that.

The camera when using a mouse needs to be tighter.

I am using the mod that puts the original soundtrack in. You now have Cherry Bomb on the start menu.

Update just went live on Steam

●Fix for Juliet's physics processing (Breast sway and bust adjustment)
●Optimization of Juliet's movement speed (fixing the problem where she
seems to slide after jumping on a horse)
● Fixed the problem where zombies overlapping the camera were not displayed
●Fixed the voice line in the helicopter explosion scene in Stage Zero
●Optimized the volume balance between character voices, BGM, and sound
effects.
●Fixed the bug with the zombies shaking in the training room in stage 2.
●Fixed a bug where Juliet would go into an off-limits area in the
Junkyard in Stage 1.
●Fixed a bug in Time Attack (Fixed a bug that allowed extremely short
clear times to be recorded. Leaderboards will be reset at a later date)
●Fixed a bug that made it difficult to manually control QTE.
●Fixed cloud save.

Will conduct tests on Juliet's fixed physics processing and report back.
robot masturbating GIF

LRKD

About the jiggle physics, didn't the original game had it?

Was it removed in this remaster or was it broken by a bug?
Yes, they're just fine tuning it to be as close to the original as possible. Wasn't a removal, wouldn't exactly call it a bug either. Just them optimizing changes caused by the new engine.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Did the remaster take out the "Lolipop Song" on the costume menu? It looks like the mod puts it back in.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Strange what a miss of money can do. They could just stick with original, but no, they change things, change OST and now they are rollback.

I dont even remember the original having tit physics and I was playing it literally a week ago

Nice priorities there. Let's focus on tits instead of considering re licensing some of these songs that are so dearly missed :pie_eyeroll:
100%. The new songs are a huge step down and don't fit at all. It's especially noticeable during certain sequences where, in the OG, the music would be synced with the action. Now it just seems way off.

Even if the original songs are too expensive to license again, they could have found much better replacements.

It's a shame because, with the mentioned fixes and improvements, this could actually be a really solid remaster.

Madonis

It's a shame Steam won't allow them to update the prices right now, but that's a good thing. Few devs/publishers seem to care about that issue, yet it's pretty important.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Bought this to play.

Avoid at all costs in current state on ps5.

Frame rate issues, frame drops, flickering shadows, terrible soundtrack, etc.

Terrible.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Strange, when I switch to Dutch region, I get a not found page.
Idk. Just purchase it on your phone or online on their website then go download it on the console.

All I did was google “lollipop chainsaw EU PSN” to get that link above.

Top Bottom