• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP Review & Discussion Thread

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
It looks too clean to me.

This is the game whose concept came from James Gunn. It has Troma cult camp stink all over it and the cruder, old Unreal look gives it so much more character. Proper character.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
The soundtrack though is the real nail in the coffin for me. Such a large part of Suda experiences is the music that accompanies them, and it’s crazy that these guys didn’t realize that. Whether it’s the licensed stuff or the Yamaoka originals (I’m assuming the latter is in there).

If they couldn’t afford the licensing then they shouldn’t have even bothered in my opinion.
i'm thinking that the people involved in some of these projects have little if any genuine love/appreciation for the games they're working on. it's just an attempt to make some money...

i was never really crazy about the original, & have no interest in a butchered version...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
i'm thinking that the people involved in some of these projects have little if any genuine love/appreciation for the games they're working on. it's just an attempt to make some money...

i was never really crazy about the original, & have no interest in a butchered version...
The music is the reason it was removed from sale, would you rather they pay and watch it get removed or updated with music removal again like GTA or them replace the music and have it available indefinitely thanks to no copyright issues.

JayK47

JAmeqdD.png

DARwmPe.png

Don’t wanna upset the fat pigs apparently
That is a dumb change. Of all the things to change.

YCoCg

That is a dumb change. Of all the things to change.
I wonder if it's that or, "no way we're redrawing this portrait in 4k."

Because the top one looks way cheaper than the bottom.
Both are in the game, bottom way is the Original Mode where as the top is the Remastered Mode, you have the option to choose in this version which is a neat extra to get a different view on the game.

Bodom78

Been looking at comparison videos and while the remaster is always sharper, it does not always look better.

Think I'll be content with the 360 version until this hits the bargin bin.

Krathoon

Gold Member
It seems like the music mod is not quite perfect yet.

Did the new game add some costumes? I know it is missing the pre-order costumes from the old game.

It looks like we need another mod for that.

Isa

Gold Member
God I love that song. RIP Alexi Laiho.
Still stuns me. Hard to wrap my head around. I know the wildchild drank like a fish, among who knows what else but man. At least he created some great stuff. I like Warmen's self-titled side project, hope it continues because there isn't much else out with them from what I know. Back then when it released I had Hatecrew Deathroll's solos as my ringtone for my girlfriend lol. Everybody would stop and be like Got-dayyuum.

I did my part to support the Repop release, but it will be hard to play without the OG music(I'm on PS5).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Updating the OP with aggregates, looks like the reviews are kinda mixed to low. Both OC and MC are in the 60's.

Top Bottom