• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

dreamfall

This is going to be brilllliant! Just like the OT! Great job!

I've had this pre-ordered for what seems like forever. I remember going to a Midnight Launch for Gears 3, and winning a pink foam Lollipop Chainsaw(some sort of swag promotion)- I was really stoked about it, while the other not-so-nice dudebros in line hurled insults and name-called until midnight.

And it was precisely in those moments, that I realized my love for Suda was paramount to few jerks! I'm excited, seriously. Shadows in the Damned I loved, even in it's most mediocre segments. This looks blissful!

EDIT: I think I asked earlier in a trailer thread, but how exactly do we go about unlocking the costumes? Are there different challenges for each, or do we buy them like combos?

SO GOOD!

matmanx1

Excellent job on the OT. I look forward to the insanity although it will be end of the week before I get to play it as I will be out of town.

Zekes!

I think this might be the first Grasshopper game that I wait until a price drop to grab, only because I don't really have a ton of money to burn for a while.

I think this might be the first Grasshopper game that I wait until a price drop to grab, only because I don't really have a ton of money to burn for a while.

It's okay, you probably won't "get" most of James Gunn's humor in it anyway if you thought that godawful Nintendo video was funny enough to turn into an avatar.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That deadman wonderland costume is perfectly timed with toonami coming back.

It's okay, you probably won't "get" most of James Gunn's humor in it anyway if you thought that godawful Nintendo video was funny enough to turn into an avatar.

This is one of the weirdest out of nowhere aggressive posts I've seen.

haha, sorry didn't mean it to come out like that. I'm just baffled how anyone liked that incredibly forced nintendo e3 thing. it's soooo bad.

then there was that thread earlier asking for it to be in Smash Bros. like, why?

anyway, lets not derail. EVERYONE BUY LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW ASAP. Don't let it bomb.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I loved No More Heroes. I love sexually explicit and hornball things in my entertainment. Definitely going to pick this up.

branny

Urgh, this oozes fabulous, but I know I'm going to be bored actually playing it. I have lukewarm opinions about NMH1 and 2, so I'm not sure the promise of this being better than those is enough to get it Day 1. Decisions, decisions...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

You got issues, brah.

Margalis

Banned
Swan huh?

I wonder if that's at all related to Swann from Lord of Illusions. Looks pretty similar, and I know Suda is into that sort of stuff. (At GDC he said his favorite movie was David Cronenberg's "Shivers")

sarcoa

I'll accept the idiot reviewer criticism but if anyone else already has Lollipop Chainsaw, how in the hell do you pick up the phone? It was back in the tutorial and I've literally tried every button when prompted but no luck :/

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Here's a pretty good video by the developers showing a bit off from the game, along with talking about something involving Lollipop Chainsaw x Tokyo Jungle, not quite sure what that's about. They also show some of the anime costumes in action.

http://youtu.be/7vlnIfrJHRk

Grrr, there's so much good music in this game. Some music (no story) spoilers, I'm just going to link to one of my favorite boss music series. The style that Akira and Jimmy have are quite different but perfectly match with the area themes. Each world is based off of a different type of music genre, in themes and the music that plays there.

World 1 is Punk, World 2 is Metal, World 3 is Psychedelic, World 4 is Funk, & World 5 is Rock.

This is a boss song that's later in the game. Music spoilers, but the boss name and info is not in the video, but MINOR SPOILERS for music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoHR6oNSagk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbo6nzEx3s8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIB6chdiWg

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. The music in this game is phenomenal, I'm not sure if Lollipop Chainsaw or Anarchy Reigns is going to win me over as one of the years best game OSTs.

Dusk Golem

The thing was that Suda played Tokyo Jungle, and its devs played Lollipop Chainsaw.

That would be it. I knew different devs have been playing Tokyo Jungle, but I was sure what the X thing was about or the details of why they were demoing the games together.

branny

Here's a pretty good video by the developers showing a bit off from the game, along with talking about something involving Lollipop Chainsaw x Tokyo Jungle, not quite sure what that's about. They also show some of the anime costumes in action.

http://youtu.be/7vlnIfrJHRk
Oh my gosh, are we going to have to sit through that Sparkle Hunting stuff every time we kill multiple zombies at once?

kunonabi

Man those combat animations are rough. That deadman wonderland costume is growing on me although the Evil Dead one is still tops.

aegies

Just throwing this out there: don't expect many reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw any time soon. Most outlets don't have review code yet, or if they did, received it Friday.

JohngPR

Just throwing this out there: don't expect many reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw any time soon. Most outlets don't have review code yet, or if they did, received it Friday.

Hmmm, thanks for the heads up. I know that sometimes that's not a good thing.

From the Gaffer who reviewed it, the game only took him five hours. So, reviews could be out soon if reviewers dedicated to finish the game and write the review over the weekend. Unlikely, but it's feasible.

I'm going to wait for a price drop, or when Gamefly send me a copy. I'm pretty busy atm, so either of those work for me

Nemesis_

1DinU.gif

OT looks fantastic and I cannot wait for the game, I hear it's quite short - has this been confirmed or not? Either way I am excited to play something new, I haven't bought many new games for a while and if I have I have not delved into them as much as I hope to with this.

Got my "special edition" pre-ordered and nearly paid off.

qYNyP.png

Some cool, some weird, and some eh pre-order bonuses. =P

Dusk Golem

OT looks fantastic and I cannot wait for the game, I hear it's quite short - has this been confirmed or not? Either way I am excited to play something new, I haven't bought many new games for a while and if I have I have not delved into them as much as I hope to with this.

From what I've heard from my friend and other people who have played the game is that the story mode lasts about 5-7 hours, but has a huge amount of replayability. This is because the game has a shit ton of unlockables, from new modes, costumes, moves, art, music, and more, and there are modes unlocked which include things like new enemies, remixed versions of stages, and other surprises. Also more difficulties, leaderboards, and from what I've heard, a pretty fun scoring system, as well as each stage having a lot of hidden secrets and side-quests.

Nemesis_

WTF is this? I can't read this!

A bit bizarre

I hope to God that I have been able to write the review and I hope to gain your satisfaction and you like it , Popsicle is a game of fun and spirited games of this year and is different from most games are not fun carrying tension or horror , They intervene in the mode of comedy makes you love the game and enjoy the experience of the game and advise you , You with the horror of a network-based games gold, which is keen to provide all that is new and useful in the world of gaming

Preordered from Amazon a while ago. Probably won't have the game until Friday though.

Still, I'm pretty excited. Juliet seems to be a ton of fun to control.

Top Bottom