• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP release date moved up to September 12 in the west

Draugoth

Gold Member
Lollipop-Chainsaw-Release-Date_08-05-24-1024x576.jpg

Dragami Games has moved up the release date of Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP from its previously planned September 26 release date to September 12 in the Americas and Europe, the company announced. Final pricing has also been confirmed to be $44.99. The game will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam.​

Sleepwalker

If it was a full on remake and they kept the licensed music I would be inclined to pay it. But for the package on offer ill pass.

FeralEcho

Seeing how Shadows of the Damned is so much cheaper while being essentially the same effort is gonna DOA this game sadly... Should've been 29.99$.Stupid decision.

I hope it sells well enough for the franchise to have a future though. We NEED games like this nowadays like we need air.

zokie

i am still having past gen systems , maybe i am getting a ps5 slim or PS5 pro next year

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

i am still having past gen systems , maybe i am getting a ps5 slim or PS5 pro next year

Huh, current gen releasing in Sep, last gen in Nov.

Not sure what the reason to delay these versions 2 months is. Can't be technical reasons, right? It's a fucking X360/PS3 remaster.

zokie

I will explain the original mode.
The original mode is a mode that reproduces the same gore expression, cut scene direction, character design, motion, comic-style character introduction images,ⅽostumes, achievements, etc. as the original version.
For this original mode, which we applied for approval, there were no requests for revisions from any of the platformers.This is as I explained before.

Next, the differences from the original version are as follows.
First, all of the parameters that have been adjusted for modern action games are different. This includes attack power, movement speed, camera movement range, combo input acceptance time, and initial combo skills. Other changes include the number of remaining shots in the blaster, changes to the behavior of Nick's special moves, the addition of an option to automate QTE, the change of the ranking mode to a time attack that plays through all stages, changes to the lineup of items in the shop, price adjustments, the addition of a chain attack system, image quality, resolution, FPS, and the addition of Yukari Tamura's voice.

I have also fixed some of the incorrect implementations in the original version. Specifically, the cutscene that plays when you defeat the Zombie Big Chicken in the psychedelic world of Stage 3 has been changed from a cutscene to a slow-motion scene for defeating the gatekeeper zombie. This change was made to unify the rules for zombie defeat cutscenes. I have also fixed the chainsaw marks so that they appear on all buses, walls, roads, etc., except for plants and trees. Both of these were specifications that I overlooked during the final check of the original version, and I made the corrections in RePOP.

We have applied for a Day 1 patch, but the purpose is not to make corrections based on the platformer, but to fix bugs and improve the quality of the ranking mode.

Sauce

kevboard

The original mode is a mode that reproduces the same gore expression, cut scene direction, character design, motion, comic-style character introduction images,ⅽostumes, achievements, etc. as the original version.
For this original mode, which we applied for approval, there were no requests for revisions from any of the platformers.This is as I explained before.

First, all of the parameters that have been adjusted for modern action games are different. This includes attack power, movement speed, camera movement range, combo input acceptance time, and initial combo skills. Other changes include the number of remaining shots in the blaster, changes to the behavior of Nick's special moves, the addition of an option to automate QTE, the change of the ranking mode to a time attack that plays through all stages, changes to the lineup of items in the shop, price adjustments, the addition of a chain attack system, image quality, resolution, FPS, and the addition of Yukari Tamura's voice.

I have also fixed some of the incorrect implementations in the original version. Specifically, the cutscene that plays when you defeat the Zombie Big Chicken in the psychedelic world of Stage 3 has been changed from a cutscene to a slow-motion scene for defeating the gatekeeper zombie. This change was made to unify the rules for zombie defeat cutscenes. I have also fixed the chainsaw marks so that they appear on all buses, walls, roads, etc., except for plants and trees. Both of these were specifications that I overlooked during the final check of the original version, and I made the corrections in RePOP.

We have applied for a Day 1 patch, but the purpose is not to make corrections based on the platformer, but to fix bugs and improve the quality of the ranking mode.

Sauce

sounds great. seems like they improved the gameplay a bit, which was needed as the original was pretty damn stiff. (insert penis joke)

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Sauce

Does Josey still ask if you’re retarded over and over again during his boss fight?

Last edited:

zokie

I'll explain the Switch version.
First of all, the game specifications are the same as the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions. On the other hand, the resolution is FHD, which is an improvement on the original version's HD resolution.
The fps is also the same as the original version, at 30fps. On the other hand, the resolution is FHD, which is an improvement on the HD resolution of the original version. The fps is also the same as the original version, at 30fps.

Other differences include the fact that special visual effects such as screen space reflections, which are not supported by the Switch, have not been implemented. However, we have optimized the lighting for each stage, and through a process of repeated fine-tuning, we are satisfied with the quality of the visual effects.
Also, regarding the display of chainsaw marks, the Switch version has implemented the scene where you cut the giant speaker that appears in the first stage, the ZED battle. However, additional work is required to implement the specification to display chainsaw marks in all places except for trees and plants, so we plan to implement this promptly through an update after the game is released.

Finally, please watch the gameplay video for the Switch version that we released today. We are proud to have created a zombie action game that Switch users can enjoy playing
We hope that many Switch users will play RePOP.

zokie

We have finally been able to release LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW RePOP uncensored.

I am proud that we have been able to revive LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW, a cult game that had been lying dormant due to copyright issues, as a modern action game.
The core content of RePOP is an original mode that faithfully recreates the original version's scenario, script, gore expressions, cutscene direction, character design, motion, comic-style character introduction images, costumes, achievements, etc.

On the other hand, for those game users who are not so keen on gore, we have also prepared the RePOP mode, which expresses damage effects in a pop art style, so we hope you will give LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW RePOP a try

Booted it up and uh... it seems I missed the announcement that they changed the licensed music into original songs. New main menu song isn't bad but it's no Cherry Bomb. Hope they haven't removed ALL the licensed songs because I remember Lollipop Chainsaw opening my eyes (ears?) to a bunch of great songs that I was unaware of, like Empire State Human.

Anyway, I played through the first level and it's just as silly and janky as I remember. Not having any graphics settings is weird but everything looks good enough... certainly looks a lot better than it did on PS3 lol

Also there's some weirdness going on with DualSense support. First boot it wasn't recognized at all, so I restarted my PC and it works but has Xbox prompts...

Last edited:

zokie

We have received feedback from players that pricing in different regions of the world has not been thoroughly researched. We agree with the players and will adjust the prices as soon as possible. We will announce the changes on our SNS, so please stay tuned.
Next, we have received some bug reports and are currently working on fixing them. We will not only fix the bugs, but also consider option settings and optimizations. First, regarding the physics engine, we are using KAWAII PHYSICS as a plug in RePOP because the physics engine used in the original version is not compatible with UE5.

The behavior of the physics engine was caused by a bug in the parameters, and we will fix it promptly. We are also fixing other graphics bugs. If you notice anything, please contact us at below
games_info@dragamigames.co.jp

Finally, I'm disappointed that some influencers and journalists are spreading false news, such as the suggestion that I proposed RePOP mode as a censored mode and negotiated to make the original mode uncensored. The fact is that we have obtained ESRB approval for the game specifications you are playing now, applied to the platformer, and obtained release approval without receiving any correction instructions from all the platformers. This is the same as what I told you before, and I honestly shared this fact with the game users.If someone is trying to twist the story about the uncensored version of Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP to suit their own purposes, I willI protest.

Top Bottom