• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

Oooh ooooh! Can dancing be involved at some point? HPro and I need to dominate!

My birthday is the 22nd, I'm already doing some stuff with different groups of friends on monday and wednesday (my actual birthday), I would love to go dancing with my other group of peepz on friday/saturday! It won't work if it's a sausage fest though.

No matter what...

XBLjY.jpg

I know this exact area: 405 South after El Segundo Blvd in South Bay...ah, good times =/

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Yes, dancing can be involved. Far be it from me to stop such things. However for me to be involved in said dancing will require that I am first well and truly liquored up.

I wanna mosh...if thats cool with you hipster LA gaffers...
<_<
>_>

Zyzyxxz

Need traffic advice LA GAF. I need to drive somebody to Santa Monica and I'm coming from Arcadia near the 210.

Normally I'd just take the 10 but the morning commute is going to be brutal like usual.

Since there is no carpool after you past the 710 on the 10 would it be faster to take the 134 to the 405 even though I have to travel a bit more?

Need traffic advice LA GAF. I need to drive somebody to Santa Monica and I'm coming from Arcadia near the 210.

Normally I'd just take the 10 but the morning commute is going to be brutal like usual.

Since there is no carpool after you past the 710 on the 10 would it be faster to take the 134 to the 405 even though I have to travel a bit more?

Take the 134, shouldn't even question this! Traffic will suck at the 405 exchange but its' better than the 134 to the 5 to the 10 :|

Take the 134, shouldn't even question this! Traffic will suck at the 405 exchange but its' better than the 134 to the 5 to the 10 :|

Depends on the exact time of day. Taking the 110 to the 10 from the Arcadia area might be better if it's after 10am. But you're absolutely guaranteed SOME stop-and-go that way; the 134-405, while longer, might be clearer, and you have the carpool lane in spots.

Depends on the exact time of day. Taking the 110 to the 10 from the Arcadia area might be better if it's after 10am. But you're absolutely guaranteed SOME stop-and-go that way; the 134-405, while longer, might be clearer, and you have the carpool lane in spots.

The problem I've always had with that is that you either have to stay on the 5 to get to the 10 and end up having to go througfh the east la interchange, which sucks, or you go to the 5 to the 110 (4 level interchange) to get to the 10 on the other side of downtown. Both of those I've found to add about a half hour to my commutes. The 134/101 to the 405 adds like 15 minutes usually. I never experimented with times of day in these areas too much beyond about 8-10 though. Midday traffic is hit or miss anywhere in LA.

Had no idea there was a LA GAF thread! Cool! I'm in the San Gabriel Valley. I hate the 210 freeway with a passion... at least on the weekdays! Love to hang out in downtown Pasadena.

Edit:
In relation to the current topic at hand... drivers in LA is the single biggest reason I want self driving cars to be made mandatory!

Dude... Google Maps my friend. It will tell you what is the best route according to traffic conditions. Just plot the route before you leave and you're set.

My traffic advice is to not have that person as a friend anymore :p

Zyzyxxz

The problem I've always had with that is that you either have to stay on the 5 to get to the 10 and end up having to go througfh the east la interchange, which sucks, or you go to the 5 to the 110 (4 level interchange) to get to the 10 on the other side of downtown. Both of those I've found to add about a half hour to my commutes. The 134/101 to the 405 adds like 15 minutes usually. I never experimented with times of day in these areas too much beyond about 8-10 though. Midday traffic is hit or miss anywhere in LA.

This post lets you know you're in LA.

Okay I suppose I'll try the 134 through the 405. Hope that carpool lane on 405 south is open tomorrow morning.

The only reason I'm doing this is because my friend is going to be paid $150 for some survey at Riot Games for League of Legends and I'm using it as a reason to visit the Santa Monica's Farmers Market.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

ooooohhh...thats a harsher route. I think going on the south 605 to the 10 going west would be best. Unless you're trying to avoid any traffic on the 605, you can go south on Baldwin til you hit the 10 freeway.

Zyzyxxz

ooooohhh...thats a harsher route. I think going on the south 605 to the 10 going west would be best. Unless you're trying to avoid any traffic on the 605, you can go south on Baldwin til you hit the 10 freeway.

I'm coming from Arcadia so going to 605 would be go backwards for me.

I'm close to the 210 and it has carpool all the way to 405.

10 carpool stops after 710 and traffic will usually clear up until you hit the 101 and 5 split so that's the part I hate the most.

This post lets you know you're in LA.

Okay I suppose I'll try the 134 through the 405. Hope that carpool lane on 405 south is open tomorrow morning.

The only reason I'm doing this is because my friend is going to be paid $150 for some survey at Riot Games for League of Legends and I'm using it as a reason to visit the Santa Monica's Farmers Market.

I re-read my post and it seems like it's in another language lol

I wanna visit Riot games :( if only to find a way to buy that "don't chase singed" shirt.

Remyzero

I had Ramenya for the first time tonight. It was a change up from the usual tonkotsu ramen because they have different kinds of ramen. The Ajo ramen was tasty and the closes at 9:30pm!

I'm coming from Arcadia so going to 605 would be go backwards for me.

I'm close to the 210 and it has carpool all the way to 405.

10 carpool stops after 710 and traffic will usually clear up until you hit the 101 and 5 split so that's the part I hate the most.

Nah man. Taking the 210/134/405 is suicide regardless of carpool, especially if you're trying to get to Santa Monica. You're gonna be worse off than going the 10 to the 405.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Good shit. Master burger is the shit, but A1 burger has the best fries, imo.

i have never been to a1 burger before, but i can always check out a place with good fries

and although its probably maintream, but has anyone mentioned the hat yet? that place made me fall in love with pastrami....

Don't do it, Count. That thing looks like it'll give you a heart attack...

but think of the flavor!

Good god, how do you even attempt eating that? It's like happiness incarnate.

My favorite ridiculous burger is 'the patrolman' from the Burger Boss truck:
UP7ZX.png

bacon, blue cheese, grilled onions, and an apple-cranberry reduction on a grilled donut.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
what is the fascination with donuts for buns on burgers? it seems like it would either be gross, or overkill.

Top Bottom