• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey fek, I loved that LL/Mikakunin ED you posted the other day, that did not get enough attention!

Had to make some little faces out of that

PfyU9MG.png

YaQunH6.png

Nxbmgv8.png

SqhCiAw.png

Forgot to do Benio glasses Eli, but the video wouldn't load earlier! Anyway I doubt many people would buy that for the promo card, but its cool they're doing another one.

Oh my god is that a Honoka and Benio hybrid!? Honokio!

Qurex

Neo Member
So thanks to everyone for all the welcome backs and especially for the kind words after my "I'm taking a break" post. It meant so much to me, and made me feel a lot better. You know, I was feeling the exact opposite way that I should have felt. I was feeling lonely and sad but I should have been happy to be part of such a wonderful community, and I am, I started missing everyone right away and all your posts surprised me. I never knew I meant anything to anyone. (Btw that is going to be my emo bands first album title)

But seriously thanks, I made it two weeks somehow, the plan would have been at least three I guess, but I don't know how fooled myself with that. Sorry if you're disappointed I'm back early or back at all :p

I feel better now and check the thread just a little less often these days ;)
Oh hi, uh, well this is kinda awkward... for me mainly... >_>;;
Honestly, I wasn't sure whether to say "welcome back" earlier or what, since you took your break like a few days after I had joined. Despite that, I don't think we actually spoke to each other before you left. So I kinda ignored the issue... yeah... haha... <_<;;
Really I brought this upon myself... Uh...
Anyway, it's nice to meet you (again?) :)

So, it looks like there will be a new promo card for the english version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1nbdgLdosQ&t=1m33s

I think this is a BT15, right?
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGM-6015

I kinda don't want to buy something that's not related to LL just for the promo card
Pretty sure you are right, it does look like we need to buy a whole box of Cardfight Vanguard Boosters just to get the promo.
How is it different from this listing? http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGM-6016

Since they're both Bushiroad products after all, I guess that's how they plan to do the promos. Taking a look at their other products, I guess in the future we'll need to buy Weiss Schwarz and Future Card Buddyfight! as well.
More importantly, looking at the prices, I think they're trying to substitute the Japanese BD volumes for something of equal value. With the limited options available to the English market, it seems this is their answer.

Looks like I'll need to get an AmiAmi account or something, is there anywhere else selling this that would ship to Europe?
Anyone know how to play any of these card games? Perhaps we might end up with a small new community if some us end up buying these. lol

elhaym

Pretty sure you are right, it does look like we need to buy a whole box of Cardfight Vanguard Boosters just to get the promo.

I had no problem buying Wei&#946; Schwarz for promo cards (Which I've done, multiple times >.>), because it was an actual LL set. Nooooot going near another series that I have no interest in.

edit: (The artwork for the LL cards is extremely disappointing, mostly what looks like low-res screencaps from the show)

fek

Hey fek, I loved that LL/Mikakunin ED you posted the other day, that did not get enough attention!

Had to make some little faces out of that
Forgot to do Benio glasses Eli, but the video wouldn't load earlier! Anyway I doubt many people would buy that for the promo card, but its cool they're doing another one.
Nice, I knew you would like that video!

How is it different from this listing? http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGM-6016
Looks like I'll need to get an AmiAmi account or something, is there anywhere else selling this that would ship to Europe?
I think it's the same thing, just a pack with 16 boxes
It seems to be sold in other stores too but I'm not sure which ships internationally, I'm not used to buy these kind of cards, so I would probably go with amiami. I will wait to see what's the promo card.

Qurex

Neo Member
I had no problem buying Wei&#946; Schwarz for promo cards (Which I've done, multiple times >.>), because it was an actual LL set. Nooooot going near another series that I have no interest in.

edit: (The artwork for the LL cards is extremely disappointing, mostly what looks like low-res screencaps from the show)
You have multiple copies of the Wei&#946; Schwarz sets and the Promo cards in JP? That's quite impressive. Shame about what the card art is like in general, the promo Wei&#946; Schwarz card from the English BDs looked alright. I think it was taken from some other promo art though.

No worries, I'm not a stranger to awkward interactions, at this point I just call them interactions!
Ahaha, you really are a great person :)

I think it's the same thing, just a pack with 16 boxes
It seems to be sold in other stores too but I'm not sure which ships internationally, I'm not used to buy these kind of cards, so I would probably go with amiami. I will wait to see what's the promo card.

Did a search just now and not many other places seems to sell it. At least not at a decent price. Sounds like amiami would be my best bet. Going to wait for confirmation as well since it costs as much as a single Japanese BD volume. Not including import costs.

Although, it seems that this time it might be a false alarm?
According to a post on the LLSIF subreddit, the codes are for Alpacas.

So they should be similar to this product for the JP Version? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/amiami/item/cgm-5452-s001/
Unlikely, but has anyone bought something like this for the JP version before and can confirm?

Looks like the Vanguard booster box comes out this Friday (19th Sept.) so I guess we'll find out soon. Still this is probably a sign for things to come :/

Welcome back Safs! You were missed!

Nozomi Event
Event Rank 2390 - 16361 Points
Song Rank 5333 - 191042 Points

Another event, another song I fail to full combo. Good news is my tablet is finally back and working properly after 5 months of back and forth with Asus so it's time to start playing on there again.

Pikastew

Neo Member
It's a draw. It's random. We used to revel in the despair. What happened :(

n-nonbelievers happened

I can't stand it anymore! I miss everyone too much. And I needed to share this!

I don't have time to post anything more substantial but I will after work, see you all very soon.

sup

have some interestingly named people below me,

lol

Event stuff I squeaked right in at #186. Haven't used my scouting ticket, not sure if there's any point in saving it or not. I don't know if I will ever go for top 200 again, because that totally sucked. However, it's probably more fun if you plan it out and don't have to go from 11,000 to 36,000 on the last day.

elhaym

You have multiple copies of the Wei&#946; Schwarz sets and the Promo cards in JP? That's quite impressive. Shame about what the card art is like in general, the promo Wei&#946; Schwarz card from the English BDs looked alright. I think it was taken from some other promo art though.

There were randomized insert cards/SNs per box, each redeemed for 3 characters in LLSIF. I bought 2 of the first LL set, 2 of the 2nd and thankfully got unique inserts each time.

(Left is 1st set, right is 2nd)

edit to add (shitty) pictures of cards:
Character cards:

Disappointing cards:

Fancy signature cards:

edit more: Wait wait wait, what the hell is this crap!?!?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, how much would you guys buy a UR for if Klab let people trade cards? lol

Also, anyone playing Destiny on PS4? I'm firehawk1234, although I don't know how much I'll be able to play at the moment.

Kumubou

$8.95

Actually the value of them would tank as people would be encouraged way more than normal to create duplicate accounts. You would have to change how free draws work completely.

LL:SIF with a full card marketplace ala Steam Marketplace would be scary. o_o

chrono01

Hey, you need your rest after an event, especially after getting into the top 200!
Haha, I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't nice to casually wake up/play Love Live today without needing to worry about LP and event points. I'll probably never do the Top 200 again [way too stressful], but I really wanted that third SR Nozomi card.-_-

Not sure how much of a break we'll all get. I'm guessing another event will start early Friday morning, as per usual. Rest your minds/body everyone, Rin will soon be here!

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Lol that happened to me this morning on Kaguya EX on JP ver, my phone didn't register my hit on the third to last note, was pissed lol. At least it was a song I consistently FC on the EN ver so should be easy to redo it.

Lol, I'm not worried about that song either, however the other EX is pretty BA.Fun fun.

$0.00, Max $2.00 depending which way the wind blows. Would be sweet though so I could snatch my android URs and put that account to rest.

chrono01

So apparently the Love Live Blu-ray is selling amazingly well here in NA.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...-2014.html?soid=1101606937895&aid=RYS_DbpDbts

Our big news this week is NISA's release of the Love Live! premium edition - or rather , the way it just absolutely blew up over the Labor Day weekend. Long story short, we got our copies of it in last Tuesday (about a week prior to the street). We spent Tuesday and Wednesday shipping pre-orders (a lot of them), which left us with around 100 copies left over in our warehouse. So we were sitting pretty with this:

Then on Thursday afternoon, the word went out to retailers that NISA was officially stocked out of the sets, and that they were not planning on doing any repress of the set at this time. I put this out in last Friday's newsletter, and all hell broke loose. People started panic buying the sets everywhere - 2, 3, 4 at a time. Of course, this happened over a long weekend, so when we left Friday we had the above, only to came back Tuesday morning to this:

It reminded me of one of those YouTube videos you see where Walmart put's out a skid of $2 toasters on Black Friday and a hundred people just pile on. Needless to say, the Love Live premium sets we had were 100% sold out within 48 hours - sometime Sunday afternoon, and we actually had a few orders that came in on Monday that we could not fill and had to cancel, and I want to apologize to those folks that we did not have enough to go around for everyone. I gave up my personal copy (which you see in the picture above) to a customer, so I didn't get one either. I did call up the folks at NISA Wednesday and did my best to advocate for a repressing. Not sure what will happen, but I put my two cents in on behalf of fans who where not able to get one. We'll have to wait and see.

That's great to see! thankfully I have my copy already, but if you've been procrastinating, you might want to track down a copy for yourself as quickly as possible.

Hachitora

It's not a huge deal though, I love Ai wa Taiyou ja Nai and Kodoku na Heaven so getting to play those instead of Junai Lens and Watashitachi wa Mirai no Hana is an okay trade.

I like the game too, and I LOVE Shangri-La Shower, I hope they perform that at the next Live. I just wish I knew how to unlock the solo songs, I haven't unlocked any in BiBi, and haven't got Spicaterrible yet in Printemps ;_;

An okay trade? That sounds like a great trade if you ask me :p Ai wa Taiyou, Kodoku na Heaven, and Spicaterrible are some of my favorite solos

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So apparently the Love Live Blu-ray is selling amazingly well here in NA.

That's great to see! thankfully I have my copy already, but if you've been procrastinating, you might want to track down a copy for yourself as quickly as possible.

I actually bought my copy from there lol. Glad to see that it's doing well. Also, wow. Giving up your own copy ;_;7

tafer

Tickets were useless and 10+1 gave me one SR Nico card... Meh.

Are there new regular students? I have used 10k friend points and got nothing.

We got the same terrible SR draw. All I want is a Kotori :(

Lol most of the time the events are running at the same time as the english one. So the last one you did nozomi and the jpn did a score match honoka. Next month should be a score attack again. The next event is kinda the same as in the eng version so collecting mascots. But since last event the 4x events has been introduced on the english version too. So way less grinding especially when you do expert 4x events where you need more then 200 mascots to do a single play so you are very fast past the grinding part. The advantages of the japanese event is that the song pool is way bigger so you can vary your songs way more. But the next score match should be on the 5th of next month again.

Also did a 10+1 draw but forgot to screencap it because lots of despair. Got a SR nico......

Woah, same here. 4 despair pulls with the same SR, creepy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if they sol d a lot of copies or if they just had a small print run. Certainly it must be NISA's most successful set if they printed the same number of copies as their other anime.

StayDead

So I finally got around to watching Love Live 2 #11.

Oh my goodness, what an amazing episode and Snow Halation is such an amazing song. <3

Marche90

I know I say this whenever a new EX song gets released, but man, they are hard. They totally kicked my ass. Should I force my way with the proper team or just say screw it and use a green team...?

Oh, well. 50 lp down the drain.

JoeFu

Banned
I know I say this whenever a new EX song gets released, but man, they are hard. They totally kicked my ass. Should I force my way with the proper team or just say screw it and use a green team...?

Oh, well. 50 lp down the drain.

The only proper response in this thread is......

Git gud

Marche90

The only proper response in this thread is......

Git gud

ROFL

Indeed. I guess I shouldn't have tried to play them as soon as I woke up, too :lol (I couldn't play them yesterday since I slept the last 12 hours. I was somewhat tired ^^')

Tried again Bokura wa Ima no Naka de EX and while I didn't do so hot (only C rank), at least I made it through the song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom