• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

chrono01

She's Perfect Lock and has good stats but I think it's mostly because she's cute.
Oh, I didn't notice she was Perfect Lock. That makes her more tempting. I might give it a few ten-pulls tomorrow then. Of course, I'll post my results here.

Will I get my first "legit" UR? Time will tell!

because nico

nico is love, nico is life
image.php

GoXDS

And...! Himemiya's old EN account that she graciously allowed me to use in even more attempts at Nico china dress. (Photos taken from tablet)

Nico hates me.
so you're the one on it now! I said hi in-game xD
But somehow only 1 China Nico
yea, surprisingly. so many of the recent Nozomi though
Yeah, I can imagine people not getting any URs so...

I'm half tempted to do the other 250, but that'd be excessive. I still have 500 on the TW version and I'm going to do 250 when there's a Cool UR next.

I'm waiting for Cool, too!

Hachitora

Good god I'm loving the current gacha in JP
Gonna try drawing as soon as I get 2 more gems from max bonding. Hopefully I get that Maki or Rin. Wish me luck boys. Apparantly that Rin is also the strongest smile card. Rin confirmed best idol

Good god I'm loving the current gacha in JP

Gonna try drawing as soon as I get 2 more gems from max bonding. Hopefully I get that Maki or Rin. Wish me luck boys. Apparantly that Rin is also the strongest smile card. Rin confirmed best idol

I'm sitting on just shy of 60 gems. I'm trying to hold off another day or two, since right now it'll leave me with basically no room left, but it's hard to resist that much cute.

fek

Doing the new story chapter in JP unlocked all the difficulties of Trouble Busters, is that new? I thought I had to play all the difficulties of Sunny Day Song to unlock hard

Doing the new story chapter in JP unlocked all the difficulties of Trouble Busters, is that new? I thought I had to play all the difficulties of Sunny Day Song to unlock hard

As of the 3.0, newly unlocked songs give you all difficulties at once. It's both nice and annoying. I don't have to suffer through Easy and Normal to play Hard anymore, but now I've got this little bubble sitting there telling me I have a bunch of "new" songs.

Well, I couldn't resist, so I did a 10+1 pull. No URs, but I can't be too disappointed with this outcome.

Not a huge fan of that Nozomi, to be honest. I wish I hadn't been so quick to level her up a bit. Still debating feeding her to one of my other idols to buy a different blue SR from the seal shop. I like the other ones, though, especially that Nico.

CoinArt

Well, I couldn't resist, so I did a 10+1 pull. No URs, but I can't be too disappointed with this outcome.

Not a huge fan of that Nozomi, to be honest. I wish I hadn't been so quick to level her up a bit. Still debating feeding her to one of my other idols to buy a different blue SR from the seal shop. I like the other ones, though, especially that Nico.

Just did a pull and got only that Nico. At least JP knows what I like...

Sayara

Neo Member
I know my RNG luck with new URs and whatever, in a year when this set hits EN all i'll be excited for is this one:
662Mutsuki.png

Cuz aaaaaaahhhhhh

Rarutos

I got super lucky last night on JP SIF. I was having a really bad day (week, even) so it really made my day!

I did one pull when I saw the new Rin UR, and I couldn't believe I actually got it! I'm so happy.

Then I was able to get a couple blue tickets from the Seal Shop and got this baby:

I never thought I would be able to idolize a UR ever.

Really happy with these pulls. <3

chrono01

100 Love Gems, 0 UR. 10 Coupon Scouting too. I've been playing since launch and I've yet to get one. I did manage a few SR that, while cute, are useless for me, since I go after the event SR so I can idolize them. :/

Oh well, I have 78 more Love Gems that I'll save for events/member expansion. I think I've come to terms with never having a UR.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why are they making Mutsuki look all serious? The best thing about her first card was her crazy smile. Did they put GSC in charge of expressions or something?

samisuperfly

Neo Member
Ok lots of draws to share yay~!

Despair Draw #1

Maki's love for me is real.

Despair Draw #2

Blue Voucher Draw

VICTORY!!!
#BlessedByRin

Then this afternoon I was like let me try for the new Rin UR in JP because clearly my luck isn't spectacular lately.
Ah yes another Maki
BUT THEN A NOZOMI UR

A very good week for me and draws. I'm sure my luck for the rest of the year has gone out the window though.

fek

Ok, I caved and dropped $100 on a set of ACTUAL birthday (Typo'd at first as birdday, and thankfully that did not happen) pulls today. I can't complain, even with Nico showing up.

I was able to idolize two of them right off the bat. I actually forgot to screenshot the last pull, but it was another set of 2 SRs I can't remember now.
Happy birthday and nice Nico!

GoXDS

turns out some friends that I haven't seen in a long time are into Love Live as well and are going to watch the movie screening in NY! might go with them

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version is The Mysteries of Otonoki (&#12458;&#12488;&#12494;&#12461;&#19971;&#19981;&#24605;&#35696;&#12290;, Otonoki Nana Fushigi, The Seven Mysteries of Otonoki. ).

This is a token collecting event, you will be collecting "Ghost" tokens.
Ghost.png

This is the fifth of the collaboration events with the "Love Live School idol diary" series from Kadokawa.
As you gain event points you will unlock a chapter from a popular scenario - this time featuring Maki.

The event will start on Wednesday, 19th August at 9:00 AM UTC and end on Friday, 28th August at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Cool Super Rare Card, Nishikino Maki (Ghost Story Ver.) [Super Rare #399]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
Smile: 3770, Pure: 3630, Cool: 4680
Appeal: I Hate Ghosts! - For every 35 hit combo string, there is a 23% chance of increasing player's score by 580 points. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Cool Heart - Increases Cool points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Pure Card, Tanaka Sachiko [Normal #398]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 2
Smile: 490, Pure: 2300, Cool: 870
Appeal: None
Center Skill: None

The event song is "Daring!!".
It is sung by Nishikino Maki. This song is track 2 from the trio single, soldier game, sung by Sonoda Umi, Nishikino Maki, and Ayase Eli. It was released on July 25, 2012. The song is also included in &#956;'s Best Album Best Live! Collection.

Here is the note distribution for the song:
bzTL1jh.png

From Tuesday, 25th August, 12 AM UTC, until the end of the event, the following specials will be run.

4x version of the event song, it costs 4x the tokens but you get 4x the points (Easy - 60, Normal - 120, Hard - 180).
Expert Event song, a higher difficulty version of the event song which costs 75 tokens.
Randomised Notes Expert Event song, the same as the Expert Event song as above, except the notes are randomised!
None of these above versions count towards the Event Song Ranking.

Extra Bonus G - There will also be extra bonus G from select songs. 150% for Normal and 200% for Hard. Eligible songs change daily.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Wednesday, 19th August at 9:00 AM UTC.
t1439974800z0.png

---------------------------

Since nobody has linked these articles here yet.

Wednesday 12th August 2015.
"Karaoke Your Heart Out With Love Live & JOYSONG"
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...r-heart-out-with-love-live-and-joysong/.91486
On September 1, Love Live! and karaoke game Karaoke JOYSOUND are teaming up for the "Love Live! Let's Sing, Everybody Project".

A couple articles about the Love Live! movie earnings. They show how the film has progressed over the last half month or so.

Tuesday, 18th August 2015.
"Love Live! film earnings"
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...s-wolf-children-in-box-office-earnings/.91825
Meanwhile, The Love Live! The School Idol Movie has earned more than 2.4 billion yen (about US$19 million) in the Japanese box office as of August 16, 65 days after the film opened at the box office.

The article a few weeks before that. Monday, 3rd August 2015.
Love Live! Film's Box Office Earnings Surpass 3rd Madoka Magica Film
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...arnings-surpass-3rd-madoka-magica-film/.91209
The Love Live! The School Idol Movie film has been seen more than 1.5 million times as of August 1, 50 days after the film opened at the box office. The film has also earned more than 2.2 billion yen (about US$17.7 million) as of August 1, surpassing the box office earnings of Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion.

And the article a few days before that. Tuesday, 28th July 2015.
"Love Live! Earns 2 Billion Yen"
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...nks-no.2-love-live-earns-2-billion-yen/.90983
Love Live! The School Idol Movie stayed at #7 in its seventh weekend. It now has a cumulative total of 2 billion yen (US$16 million).

Those of you going for Tier 1 and 2 in the next Japanese event, what rank are you and how many love gems do you expect to spend? I've never attempted the upper tiers before, and I'm debating doing so this time, but I want to know what I'm in for if I make the attempt.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Those of you going for Tier 1 and 2 in the next Japanese event, what rank are you and how many love gems do you expect to spend? I've never attempted the upper tiers before, and I'm debating doing so this time, but I want to know what I'm in for if I make the attempt.
The reddit will regularly update the estimated numbers for events. I think people generally spend 20 loveca?

GoXDS

Do you spend as you need to to stay in that Tier as the event goes on or blow it all at the end? Or would either way work alright?

the difference is marginal. doing it all at the end means a few more LP (since you'll be a lvl or 2 higher). doing a chunk early means less stress checking the ranking constantly. doing it late also has a chance of needing more than you expected but don't have enough time left. but in any case, bar bad luck, you wouldn't change your ranking all too much

the difference is marginal. doing it all at the end means a few more LP (since you'll be a lvl or 2 higher). doing a chunk early means less stress checking the ranking constantly. doing it late also has a chance of needing more than you expected but don't have enough time left. but in any case, bar bad luck, you wouldn't change your ranking all too much

Cool. Thanks everyone for the advice. The idolized SR image is not screaming "So cute must have!" to me, so at 20 love gems, I may pass on this event, but good to know for future events.

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the Japanese Version is "Score Match Round 20".

The event will start on Thursday, 20th August at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Monday, 31st August at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

The main reward for this event is a Super Rare Card, Hoshizora Rin (Track and Field Club Ver.).
The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

At the start of the event there will be 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages in the pool to start with.

From 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Sunday, 23rd August to 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC], Wednesday, 26th August, the Score Match stages will be swapped out with different ones (the number of stages per rank will remain the same, 8 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 5 EXPERT stages and 6 TECHNICAL stages).
From Wednesday, 26th August at 3:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] until the end of the event, the Score Match stages from the beginning of the event will be added to the pool again, for a total of 16 EASY/NORMAL/HARD stages, 10 EXPERT stages, and 12 TECHNICAL stages

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Thursday, 20th August at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].

Credits to the EN LLSIF Wiki for some info.

------------------------------
Well deserved numbers for the movie.
By the way, NISA store now has a lot of Love Live stuff:
http://store.nisamerica.com/love-live

Wish they would put the 5th live BDs up for preorder too, it's a lot cheaper for me to buy from them.

Yeah, they have a pretty good selection. Pretty much most of the CDs that came out since the anime. Excluding solo vers, Nicorinpana and other CDs like the store bonuses and the BD LE ones. A lot cheaper than I expected as well

So it's only been a short while since you came back from your tip to Japan.
I was wondering if you had time to flip through the CUT magazine?
Well actually I was just wondering was there anything particularly interesting you saw among all your other pickups. Since that pic you took showed you managed to get what I think are several older magazines as well as merch and other cool stuff.

fek

Yeah, they have a pretty good selection. Pretty much most of the CDs that came out since the anime. Excluding solo vers, Nicorinpana and other CDs like the store bonuses and the BD LE ones. A lot cheaper than I expected as well

So it's only been a short while since you came back from your tip to Japan.
I was wondering if you had time to flip through the CUT magazine?
Well actually I was just wondering was there anything particularly interesting you saw among all your other pickups. Since that pic you took showed you managed to get what I think are several older magazines as well as merch and other cool stuff.
I've read most of the CUT magazine. It's 33 pages about the movie, with solo interviews with each of the members, the letters that have already been posted here, an interview with all 9 of them together and an interview with composer Aki Hata talking about 10 important songs for the franchise (actually 13 because she pairs a few songs together), it's pretty interesting so I might make a post about this part, only the last few songs are spoilers to the movie. We are used to hear about the songs from the seiyuu but I don't remember hearing from the composers before.
But for me my best purchase was that comiket exclusive Emitsun photobook. With her first album coming soon, I can only hope we get a new photobook.

Top Bottom