• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Cute/Passion/Cool, from the other game.

Literally reused assets from the other game.

The 3D dancing is really cute.
What I am trying to figure out is how to even hold my phone during these lives.

So how's the other game? I only found out that it existed when I looked up some info on this game lol, why is nobody playing that?

I have a hard time with those sliding notes, seems like it kinda screws over thumb players.

Himemiya

Seems like the thing to do is reroll for SSRs and only use the (one-time use) pre-reg code on the account that gets one.
So how's the other game? I only found out that it existed when I looked up some info on this game lol, why is nobody playing that?
It's not a rhythm game, and when I played it for a bit I didn't really get it.

How do the cards look? Its a new game so I guess no wiki or anything yet eh.

http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/THE_iDOLM@STER_Cinderella_Girls:_Starlight_Stage

There is some info on here, I've seen some of the cards on that page though so I guess those are all of them, at the moment.

The only difference in Rarity that I can spot are the 1 and 3 star cards.

All the good idols are three star

Seems like the thing to do is reroll for SSRs and only use the (one-time use) pre-reg code on the account that gets one.

Oh, you don't have to use the code before you can create an account? that's pretty cool actually.

Anyone knows if you can change your username/have a duplicate username? I don't want to be called KenjiGlove8 because I had to make a bunch of accounts for rerolling.

Himemiya

Yaari

I'm just happy you can idolize without a second copy in this game. That's one of the things I hated about LLSIF. Takes so much luck to ever get a second copy for something you want. Although it has gotten so much better with the new update in the JP version.

If anyone rolls a SSR, please show. Is UR a idolized SSR then?

Maybe I'll watch the anime while waiting for iOS release. I don't want to unknowingly put up a shit idol.

Found the ign changing: go to the last tab, then the green ID card, and click the pencil button near your name.

Cool, that's going to be useful.

kGnIwhJh.jpg

Is the 60 gem pull related to the pre reg code? I can't use it.

I'm now going to test out if you can reroll, got that Bunny girl.

You can actually skip all the gameplay portions during the tutorial so you can breeze through it if you want to reroll.

GoXDS

yea, 100% chance of being Nico.
Hanayo has yet to be with Eli, Honoka, or Nico. Eli already has 6 UR while Honoka and Nico have 5. Honoka and Eli are also already confirmed SR

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the Japanese Version is "Medley Festival Round 7".
This event will start on Saturday 5th September at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC] and end on Tuesday, 15th September at 3:00 PM JST [6:00 AM UTC].

There will be 8 songs in each attribute pool. 8 Smile, 8 Cool and 8 Pure, for a total of 24 songs.

The main prize for this event is a Super Rare Card, Minami Kotori (Festival Ver.) ([お祭り編] Omatsuri Hen).

The Normal Card reward for this event is currently unknown, please refer to the rewards list when the event has commmenced.

Countdown for the start of the Japanese event on Saturday 5th September at 4:00 PM JST [7:00 AM UTC].
t1441436400z0.png

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for some of the pics and info.

------------------
Thursday 3rd Septmber 2015
“LOVE LIVE! THE SCHOOL IDOL MOVIE” RELEASE INFORMATION – UPDATED!

The information of “Love Live! The School Idol Movie” has been updated!

<Scheduled Regions and Countries>

Taiwan
Handler: Top-Insight International Co., Ltd.
Cities: Taipei and other major cities
Start Date: August 7, 2015

Hong Kong
Handler: Top-Insight International Co., Ltd.
Start Date: August 6, 2015

Korea
Handler: ANIPLUS INC.
Cities: Seoul, Busan, and other major cities
Start Date: September 3, 2015

Thailand
Handler: Dream Express (DEX) Co., Ltd.
City: Bangkok
Date (Screening Event): August 29 & 30, 2015

Malaysia
Handler: ODEX PRIVATE LIMITED
Start Date: October 1, 2015

Philippines
Start Date: September 30, 2015

Singapore
Start Date: September 17, 2015

Vietnam, Brunei
Start Date: Early October, 2015

Indonesia
Start Date: October 21, 2015

USA
Handler: NIS America, Inc.
Cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, Washington D.C., Dallas and other major cities
Start Date: September 12, 2015

Mexico
Handler: Madness Entertainment S.A. de C.V.
Cities: Mexico City, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Querétaro, Puebla and other major cities

Australia
Handler: MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT PTY. LTD.
Cities: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and other major cities

New Zealand
Handler: MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT PTY. LTD.
Cities: Auckland, Wellington and other major cities

UK
Handler: Anime Limited
Cities: Edinburgh
Date (Screening Event): October 18, 2015

The above cities and start dates are tentative and subject to change.
Up-to-date information will be posted on this official website or contact local handlers.
------------------
Friday, 4th September 2015
Next week, &#8220;Love Live! The School Idol Movie&#8221; will finally be released in theaters in USA (starting September 12)!

Handler: NIS America, Inc.

Cities: Tempe, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Littleton, Washington DC, Honolulu, Chicago, Cambridge, Bloomfield Hills, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Manville, Albuquerque, New York, Williamsville, Yonkers, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Austin, Dallas, Katy, San Antonio, Sandy, Fairfax, Seattle, Vancouver

More and more cities have been listed for American theatrical release of &#8220;Love Live! The School Idol Movie&#8221;!

For more information, please visit: http://nisamerica.com/lovelive/
*Schedule and theaters may subject to change.
Despite what it says, I don't think any of the listed US locations are new. I can't remember if the movie premiere in LA is new.

------------------
Images of the 9 Standees that come as a preorder bonusat various stores for the 1st Love Live! Sunshine!! Single, Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai?

Sample illustration showing how the standee will hold the profile card.

From left to right, top to bottom.
Gamers: Kurosawa Ruby, Animate: Kurosawa Dia, SevenNetShopping: Kunikida Hanamaru
Bandai Visual Club (BVC): Sakurauchi Riko, Tsutaya Records (except some stores): Takami Chika (Tsutaya Online preorders are only for the product) [TSUTAYA&#12458;&#12531;&#12521;&#12452;&#12531;&#12399;&#20104;&#32004;&#12398;&#12415;&#12364;&#23550;&#35937;&#12391;&#12377;], Neowing: Matsuura Kanan
HMV: Watanabe You, Softmap: Ohara Mari, Tower Records Tsushima Yoshiko

http://www.lantis.jp/title-news.php?id=629d232935cd7f4c849179c00c907177&nid=1440810000

------------------
Cool to see that someone is interested in that, I'll try to translate it and post here.
Yeah, Emitsun has been very successful with her solo work. I've started listening to her radio show a while back and it's so good. Same for Ucchi, her second album is just as good as the first, I love it.
No, shipping doubles the price of these magazines and by the time it gets here, the next month's issue is already out, lol. I only buy these when there's a nice bonus.

I would really appreciate it if you manage to translate or summarise a part of that section. I think you mentioned that it may contain spoilers perhaps for the movie. I don't think I would mind too much about that.
On the topic of the CUT magazine, I saw that it seems to be back in stock at CDJapan.
I didn't realise Ucchi had a second album already, I haven't really kept up with their non-LL activities recently.

------------------
If anyone rolls a SSR, please show. Is UR a idolized SSR then?
So I managed to get an SSR
------------------
Other non LL stuff.
So, I think there should be a few people here who may be interested to hear about some T7S news. This was just announced within the last day or so.

The 1st Anniversary Live, &#65374;H-A-J-I-M-A-L-I-V-E-!!&#65374;, held back at the end of May earlier this year is getting a BD/DVD release!
Another CD has been announced as well, a special Halloween EP titled "-Zero / TREAT OR TREAT?" featuring new songs from the rivals KARAKURI and 4U.

[VIZL-865] -Zero / TREAT OR TREAT ? [Limited Edition] - KARAKURI / 4U - Price:&#65509;1,800 + tax
[VICL-37097] -Zero / TREAT OR TREAT ? [Regular Edition] - KARAKURI / 4U - Price: &#65509;1,200 + tax

[VIXL-158] H-A-J-I-M-A-L-I-V-E-!! Blu-ray - Price: &#65509;7,407 + tax
[VIBL-785] H-A-J-I-M-A-L-I-V-E-!! DVD - Price: &#65509;7,407 + tax
Includes memorial photobook.
Bonus Footage:
OP movie "UPDATING?? The 2nd Manager!!" [OP&#12512;&#12540;&#12499;&#12540; &#8221;UPDATING?? The 2nd Manager!!&#8221;]
Intermission animation picture story show Nanastar theatre "BBQ of Revival" [&#24149;&#38291;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#12540;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531;&#32025;&#33437;&#23621; &#8221;&#24149;&#38291;&#12490;&#12490;&#12473;&#12479;&#21127;&#22580;&#12300;&#24489;&#27963;&#12398;BBQ&#12301;&#12398;&#24059;&#8221;]
ED movie "UPDATING?? Project-7th!!" [ED&#12512;&#12540;&#12499;&#12540; &#8220;UPDATING?? Project-7th!!&#8221;]
Ending side stage camera [&#12456;&#12531;&#12487;&#12451;&#12531;&#12464;&#33310;&#21488;&#34966;&#12459;&#12513;&#12521;]

These are set to release on Wednesday, 28th October 2015.
Which coincidentally is the same date as the single release for the next LLSIF collaboration song.
Preorders are already open at several retailers.

There's a 8 minute 40 second digest video of the live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y7IosXXfjM

http://t7s.jp/
https://twitter.com/t7s_staff/status/639740627274432512
https://twitter.com/t7s_staff/status/639741164795523072
https://twitter.com/t7s_staff/status/639744239539130368
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Discography/A025292/VIZL-865.html
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Discography/A025292/VIZL-865.html

sakuori

Philippines
Start Date: September 30, 2015

That's weird. It's been annouced that our start date will be October 7 since August.

Damn it guys, it's only been one week and you guys are already trying to get me to unsubscribe from this thread.

Where's the support for the other girls? >.>

Only Nico gets the love.

Azuran

Banned
So how long does it usually take to git gud at this? After 1 week of playing, I only have a grand total of 2 full combos on hard songs but at least I'm able to clear them without issues now. However, it does get depressing when every new song I unlock always wipes the floor with me when I play them on hard the first time. I can tell expert will have a field day with me.

Well, at least the girls are cute so that makes failure comforting.

Articalys

Some crazy guy on 2ch did a short analysis on the JP SIF playerbase, I assume by somehow extracting and combing through the Score Match 20 event records. They only looked at the accounts who reach at leat the 25000 points for the event SR, which totaled just under 300,000 players. The first set is a breakdown of how many players there are at each rank:
A lot of casual players really can't handle that exp jump after rank 100, apparently.
The mean rank is about 130, and the median is about 125. Standard deviation (if you're a stats nerd) is about 45.
The bar chart omits everything above rank 300 since those counts are so low they would be barely visible.
Of course it's far from thorough since it's just a partial snapshot after one event, not taking into account the patterns of active players, factoring out power users, and such, but it's still interesting to look at.

The second set of charts were all about the new player title system, which I still don't really understand. If you can ready Japanese and want to look at the analysis it's here. Don't think there's anything interesting there except noting that coming off a Rin event, there's a high percentage of players using the "Rin fan" and "lily white" titles.

The final list, which also requires Japanese skills to process, is just tallying which cards were the top 30 centers when he checked the data. Again, since it was just after the Rin event, a lot of people still have that event Rin SR set as their center.

GoXDS

So how long does it usually take to git gud at this? After 1 week of playing, I only have a grand total of 2 full combos on hard songs but at least I'm able to clear them without issues now. However, it does get depressing when every new song I unlock always wipes the floor with me when I play them on hard the first time. I can tell expert will have a field day with me.

Well, at least the girls are cute so that makes failure comforting.

there's probably no "standard" amount of time to git gud. it'd depend on whether you want to include "normal" EX or "hard" EX, if you're good in general with rhythm games, if you've had past experience, and how often you play. getting the SRs w/ Perfect Lock skills certainly help. I think I was confident enough to try some "normal" EX like after 1-2 (I really don't remember though) months? (but only after watching on YouTube to know what to expect)

you can also watch/practice songs on YouTube before you actually play them. it certainly helps with new patterns or a certain tricky part to the song

@Articalys
that's an interesting find there. it kinda scares me the number of people with Rank 500+... even one with Rank 972?!

Top Bottom