• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Dead Space 2 (2011) via PS3

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Game was pretty good and I think it will eventually be remastered.

The thing with this one is Isaac’s brain, or dna or mind is connected to the enemy. Dead Space 2 is a real action adventure, it’s set on the “Sprawl” a mega structure space station in Saturn’s moon Titan that plays like a Elon Musk Space X fantasy gone wrong.

dead-space-2_the-sprawl.jpg

Eventually the game makes it way back to the usg ishimura (dead space 1) and you get a moment to see that space ship 5 years after the events of dead space 1.

I remember seeing the commercials for dead space 2.

IMG-5337.jpg

Nice juicy 90 AAA score.

Lets Go Horror GIF by Dead Space

If you’re allergic to horror games this one isn’t for you, I can’t remember the name of the side characters, the upgrade store, and atmosphere is all here and I really dig this sequel.

What did GAF think of Dead Space 2?

Last edited:

alexaxel99

Neo Member
Glad that you enjoyed the game, actually I recently replayed this game on my pc, this games is best to play at hard difficulty because it makes the situations very tense and finding even one small health kit its something that can save you life in a very critical situation, the difficulty was very well adjusted by the devs. I forgot about the story and after replaying it is not something that blows your mind or impacts the player like the first one, and the characters were boring along with the collectables (audio, text logs, etc etc) but the atmosphere, the gameplay and the visuals are something incredible alongside with the monster designs. I think that it doesnt need a remake, specially after how they handled the remake of the first one (it wasn´t bad but it was not necessary and the changes of the remake did not add anything good, it made it worse in certain aspects, they still hold up very well).

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Glad that you enjoyed the game, actually I recently replayed this game on my pc, this games is best to play at hard difficulty because it makes the situations very tense and finding even one small health kit its something that can save you life in a very critical situation, the difficulty was very well adjusted by the devs. I forgot about the story and after replaying it is not something that blows your mind or impacts the player like the first one, and the characters were boring along with the collectables (audio, text logs, etc etc) but the atmosphere, the gameplay and the visuals are something incredible alongside with the monster designs. I think that it doesnt need a remake, specially after how they handled the remake of the first one (it wasn´t bad but it was not necessary and the changes of the remake did not add anything good, it made it worse in certain aspects, they still hold up very well).
There’s a lot of noise surrounding difficulty these days since the souls games, the story could have been better, the gameplay remains excellent, remember I don’t support remasters but I think remastering dead space 2 won’t shock everyone like the first.

This is what I did on Callisto on my first playthrough, the hardest difficulty. It added to the slow pacing and tense atmosphere. And therefor I think I enjoyed it more than most people.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
When you're confident enough that you've made a banger, you leave easter eggs about your targeted Meta Score in the game.

In Chapter 7, when entering the rocket booster used for the halo jump, you will see "MC 90" tagged around it. This is the target score Visceral wanted to hit on Metacritic. The official score for Dead Space 2 is 90.

z2DmE9q.png

Muffdraul

Didn't we just have this thread a few days ago?

One of my favorite games of the PS360 gen. A contender for my favorite new IP from that gen. My take is that Resident Evil was the George Romero brand of survival horror, Silent Hill was the Stephen King/David lynch brand, and Dead Space was the Ridley Scott/John Carpenter brand.

The original Dead Space will always be my favorite because of how it came out of nowhere and just floored me with it's outstanding quality. But I can admit that Dead Space 2 is objectively a better video game. I can't roll my eyes hard enough at the "DS1 was proper survival horror but they turned DS2 into an action shooter" bullshit people spew. I'm sure I've replayed both of them roughly 50 times each by now. Not including the DS1 remake. Even if DS2 never gets a proper remake, the original on Xbox Series X BC holds up more than well enough.

alexaxel99

Neo Member
This is what I did on Callisto on my first playthrough, the hardest difficulty. It added to the slow pacing and tense atmosphere. And therefor I think I enjoyed it more than most people.
Glad to see that you enjoyed the game, to be honest, i was a little bit dissapointed with Callisto, it had the foundations to be a great game and had very good things (the design of the levels, interactivity, the sound design and the atmosphere and even if i do not care about it too much, the graphics are top level), but i expected more in the gameplay aspect, i was expecting something closer to dead space and they (very sadly) underperformed very bad in this department, the game did bad in sales so no sequel on the sight for this game.

WoJ

Game is great, but I prefer DS1. I found that the atmosphere and Isaac as a silent protagonist worked better. But, DS is still great in so many ways. Some great fights and set pieces.

The eye scene is terrifying.

Top Bottom