• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasFilm prepped a Bobba Fett spinoff teaser reel before director dropped out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falchion

Having no crawl makes sense if there's an entry that they don't want to provide background about what's happening before. That doesn't seem to fit what we know about Rogue One though.

Sephzilla

How about we sacrifice the Han Solo movie for Boba Fett and Obi-Wan movies? I'm not a huge Fett fan but I think a standalone Fett movie would be more interesting than a Han Solo prequel.

I would legit piss myself with laughter at an Ewok with a lightsaber.

It needs to be a thing.

3462rTE.jpg

I remember there were 'rumors' that the Boba spinoff involved a new character (with no name) stealing Boba's armor and pretending to be him.

CloudWolf

'Dropped out', yeah right. Dude was sacked.

Anyway, I hope they just scrap the entire film, Boba Fett isn't interesting.

I remember there were 'rumors' that the Boba spinoff involved a new character (with no name) stealing Boba's armor and pretending to be him.

Yeah, and it would be the worst thing.

I don't get why it's such a stretch? The Jedi failed to beat the empire across two movies and had to have the Ewoks do it for them. They the real MVP.

The Ewoks did not beat the Empire. It just seems too much of a stretch because how would they even have concept of the force! haha

Effectively it was actually Lando wasn't it? His blast destroyed the second death star with the Emperor and Darth on board.....

The Ewoks did not beat the Empire. It just seems too much of a stretch because how would they even have concept of the force! haha

Effectively it was actually Lando wasn't it? His blast destroyed the second death star with the Emperor and Darth on board.....

Yeah I think overall it was like a combination of Lando, and with the war going on down on the surface, splitting their forces, but essentially Lando was probably the key role. It's just always seemed amusing to me that these little stuffed teddy bear like animals played a part in the death blow to the empire after all that happened in the first two films. You're right about force sensitivity seeming a little outside their reach given their characterization though.

Yeah I think overall it was like a combination of Lando, and with the war going on down on the surface, splitting their forces, but essentially Lando was probably the key role. It's just always seemed amusing to me that these little stuffed teddy bear like animals played a part in the death blow to the empire after all that happened in the first two films. You're right about force sensitivity seeming a little outside their reach given their characterization though.

By the definition of the force they could be 'strong' with it but I'm not sure if they could realistically be sensitive to it. Like understand it.

Edit - just realised derailed the topic - sorry guys.

The Ewoks helped, but really even when the Ewoks help, people forget that the Empire was slaughtering them mostly till Chewbacca steals an AT-ST and turns the whole battle around. Chewbacca takes two walkers out form the Empire and routs many of the troopers. And of course the rebels in space succeeded in the space battle on their own.

Luke's battle with Vader really was the whole thing that really had no bearing on the battle at Endor or fall of the Empire.

Sephzilla

Vader wasn't on board when it blew up

[/nerd]

The Ewoks helped, but really even when the Ewoks help, people forget that the Empire was slaughtering them mostly till Chewbacca steals an AT-ST and turns the whole battle around. Chewbacca takes two walkers out form the Empire and routs many of the troopers. And of course the rebels in space succeeded in the space battle on their own.

Luke's battle with Vader really was the whole thing that really had no bearing on the battle at Endor or fall of the Empire.

If you look at the old EU, Vader's betrayal and the Emperor's death allowed the Empire to crumble from lack of leadership (fear from the top) so I think it was simply a grand opportunity for the Rebels that they were able to take both of them out. I'm sure the best they were hoping for was to take out another planet destroying super weapon and to fight the Empire another day.

If you look at the old EU, Vader's betrayal and the Emperor's death allowed the Empire to crumble from lack of leadership (fear from the top) so I think it was simply a grand opportunity for the Rebels that they were able to take both of them out. I'm sure the best they were hoping for was to take out another planet destroying super weapon and to fight the Empire another day.

Old EU had the entire Empire under Emperor's mental force control directing and moralizing them. The Emperor's death somehow made the entire Empire lose control and lose the battle.

Yea that was stupid, good riddance to the old EU

Bubble

Neo Member
What is up with this obsession with Boba Fett? One of the most overrated characters of all time. Vader has to tell him how to do his job in Empire and he gets his ass handed to him in ROTJ (because he's shit). Shit, even Jango Fett does more in AOTC.

What LucasFilm should do is make an Obi-Wan movie. Just do it, man. Just do it.

Old EU had the entire Empire under Emperor's mental force control directing and moralizing them. The Emperor's death somehow made the entire Empire lose control and lose the battle.

Yea that was stupid, good riddance to the old EU

Ehh, I don't remember the mental control. Bleh.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I get why Rogue One has no crawl because its basically based on the events in A New Hopes opening Crawl

ANH opening crawl will be revised:

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans* to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

*It's true! Watch Rogue One: A Star Wars Story! -Kontinuity Kennedy

Whatever. Jango got a game. Let Boba have his movie. I'm all for a Boba Fett movie. I think it would be dope. They took away 1313 from us. Don't take the movie as well. Damn the haters. Boba is the man!

SpaceWolf

Banned
ANH opening crawl will be revised:

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans* to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

*It's true! Watch Rogue One: A Star Wars Story! -Kontinuity Kennedy

Haha!

Ehh, I don't remember the mental control. Bleh.

Was part of the whole "battle meditation" force thing the EU created and used later in other books and stuff like KOTOR.

Where one powerful Jedi would be using the force to direct, control, and provide morale support to fight in gigantic battles.

Fleets of millions of troops over huge areas of space, all under the power of a single force user. In the old EU they tried to excuse the loss of Endor alot on the death of the Emperor, how the Imperial forces all lose the will to fight, become uncoordinated, and chaos erupted.

So stupid

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It strikes me as stupid. "We're canceling the traditional thing every Star Wars media has because.. reasons."

Hope that no crawl isn't an indication of a bad movie.

If they are serious about covering a variety of genres/tones with these spinoffs, then the bombastic crawl of the main episodes may not always be appropriate. A slow-burn crime thriller set in the underbelly of Coruscant or an Obi-Wan western would not really suit the traditional opening sequence.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what viii crawl will include. Since it starts right after vii.

I've been wondering this as well...

I mean, you can conceivably have SOME time difference between the battle on Starkiller Base and Rey taking off to find Luke to have some events to explain... but it doesn't seem like much to explain.

So will they just sum up Episode 7?

I mean, you can conceivably have SOME time difference between the battle on Starkiller Base and Rey taking off to find Luke to have some events to explain... but it doesn't seem like much to explain.

"After the defeat of the First Order on Star Killer base and the finding of Luke Skywalker Rey has gone to train to become a fully fledged Jedi while Kylo Ren has gone to train with Supreme Leader Snoke to unlock the dark side of the force"

SpaceWolf

Banned

THE FIRST ORDER IS RALLYING.
GENERAL LEIA HAS LAUNCHED SECRET MISSION, POE'S LEADING IT.
FINN HAS AWOKEN, HE'S COMING TOO.
MEANWHILE, REY IS TALKING TO LUKE.

CloudWolf

STAR WARS EPISODE VIII - THE FORCE GETS UP FROM BED

Literally nothing happened. LUKE SKYWALKER is looking awkwardly at REY, FINN is still sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom