• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

AirBrian

1. This is a sim league. Consult the league rules here.

2. You are required to manually enter your player and team stats after every game. You don't have to enter every defensive man with one tackle though (if you don't want to).

2. Once everyone gets on the League Daddy site, I'll set the schedule and divisions.

3. Lag seems to be very minimal this year, but please be sure that you (or your family/roommates/etc.) aren't running anything in the background during games.

4. You will have 5 days to play your games. We're doing one NFL week at a time, so all weeks except the current week will be locked. That said, you can play ahead and write your stats down, but you'll have to wait until the week is open to input your stats.

Weeks will advance on the 5th day around 7 PM CDT. Please, please don't be a flake. We're all busy with school, work, family, friends, etc., so if you know you can't make a game or something, please at least contact the person. If you know ahead of time that you are going to be out of town, have an exam/presentation or something, you can play ahead and write your stats down then submit them later. Email/IM me if you have any questions -- we can work something out.

5. On the League Daddy site, please fill out your profile with your contact information. Everyone's contact info will also be listed here for your reference.

6. League info:

7. Good luck and have fun!!!

8. Roster:

01) AirBrian - Bears
GT: AirBrian
AIM: airbrian14

02) chrisjames - Lions
GT: MightBeWrong
AIM: CTennisgod3

03) LJ11 - Bills
GT:
AIM:

04) tcvr0d - Patriots
GT: tcvr0d (<--- it's a "zero")
AIM: tcvrod

05) variance - Saints
GT: corey f baby
AIM: iamsohardcoreyo

06) GCQuinton - Panthers
GT: Wsv771
AIM:

07) Birdman02 - 49ers
GT: Birdman1702
AIM: B1rdman02

08) Maverick - Steelers
GT: Militant Black
AIM: Hendrix 9786

09) Rorschach - Vikings
GT:
AIM:

10) Wellington - Packers
GT:
AIM:

11) Smokey Bones - Texans
GT: dboythaGr8
AIM:

12) Andokuky - Eagles
GT:
AIM:

13) DCX - Falcons
GT:
AIM:

14) DenogginizerOS - Jets
GT:
AIM: Magnoggin

15) yacobod - Chargers
GT: polishmoves
AIM: polishmoves

16) Big Zep - Colts
GT:
AIM:

17) bosevan - Titans
GT:
AIM:

18) Drey1082 - Bengals
GT: Drey1082
AIM: Drey1082

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
My AIM s/n is CTennisgod3

When are we looking at starting the league?
Hopefully everyone can get signed up in the next couple of days so we can get pre-season games going this week.

AirBrian

Thanks for the butt-whooping, Smokey! Poor Rexy got roughed up. I just knew it wasn't going to be my day when I couldn't get Hester past your kicker for the TD on the opening play! :lol You played some really great D too.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
fucking A... lol. I want to play with you guys but on top of the 17 credit semester, lab research(chip design) , and the girlfriend dont think this is going to work. Count me out. I am willing to play some of guys online for fun. Gamertag is mthanded.

AirBrian

MThanded said:
fucking A... lol. I want to play with you guys but on top of the 17 credit semester, lab research(chip design) , and the girlfriend dont think this is going to work. Count me out. I am willing to play some of guys online for fun. Gamertag is mthanded.
Thanks for the update. If you don't have time, you don't have time. We'll keep you in mind for a substitute if needed. :)

AirBrian

yacobod said:
i'm gonna be in vegas this weekend, so i wont be able to play if we have any "official" games
That shouldn't be a big deal, the first two games will be pre-season anyway. Can you at least get on the League Daddy site ASAP so I can get the divisions and schedule set?

AirBrian

Just got the email. You're now the Chargers!

Alright, half the league is signed up now! I'll send some PM's to the rest so we can get this baby going!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Oh nice didn't see another league! I would like to join if its ok :) Also I just called bons to tell him to get his ass on here and confirm his spot because he wants in bad.

I would love to be in another league :)

AirBrian

vumpler said:
Oh nice didn't see another league! I would like to join if its ok :) Also I just called bons to tell him to get his ass on here and confirm his spot because he wants in bad.

I would love to be in another league :)
Thanks for calling Bons. I sent him a message on AIM and over XBL last night too, so hopefully he gets in here! :)

Definitely OK to join! What team do you want?

vumpler

Hell why not,

colts_07.jpg

vumpler

And bons wants the titans.. He's getting internet set up at his new house as we speak.

AirBrian

bosevan said:
Sorry bout the delay, moving is a bitch
Don't worry about it! The League Daddy info is in the first post. The Titans are yours, so make this Longhorn fan proud! (Just not against me.) :p

Birdman02

GG, you caught my corners in one-on-one coverage twice and completed both passes.....stupid corners!!!! I can't believe that interception on my last offensive play....I thought Gilmore caught the ball and got tackled, but next thing I know the camera angle changed and Urlacher had a pick.

GG again.

AirBrian

Drey1082, you're now the Bengals.

OK, we're still waiting for these people to sign up on League Daddy:

LittleTokyo
maus
Captain N
Lambtron

SweetTea023 (he's moving this week, so he gets a pass!)

I've sent PM's to you, so go sign up! :)

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Thanks for the butt-whooping, Smokey! Poor Rexy got roughed up. I just knew it wasn't going to be my day when I couldn't get Hester past your kicker for the TD on the opening play! :lol You played some really great D too.

Damn I'm reading this late!

Yeah I when that happened on the opening kick, I was thinking fuck it's gonna be a long game, but brown managed to shoestring tackle em :lol .

Thanks for the compliments man. I play with the Texans and because of that I have to be that much quicker and in tune with things, you don't get second chances with a team with a 67 overall rating.

Who are we waiting on to sign up I'm ready to go!!

AirBrian

We're waiting for:

LittleTokyo
Lambtron

SweetTea023 (but he's moving this week, so we'll start the pre-season without him.)

I've sent PM's and XBL messages to them. If I don't hear anything from them by tomorrow, we'll start without them and/or look for replacements. Really, if none of them (except for SweetTea) end up joining, we'll just need one more for a good group and I'm sure one of the Vets would join.

AirBrian

In the meantime, you might want to go on League Daddy and set your rosters. You will only have to do this once as long as you save.

Go to "My Teams" and then click "[-enter-]" next to your first pre-season game.

Then at the top, click "[ Your Team Stats ]".

On this page, set your lineup for the positions, and when you're done, click the checkbox at the bottom marked, "Save currently selected players as default lineup." and then click "Save".

BE SURE TO CLICK THE CHECKBOX BEFORE HITTING SAVE OR YOU'LL HAVE TO ENTER THE PLAYERS EVERY SINGLE GAME!

This is the form you'll print out for every game. Because it's a brand new league, we have to set the initial lineups. I know it's a pain in the ass, but you only have to set the lineup once assuming you click the checkbox and hit save. :)

If you need any help or have any questions, send me a PM or hit me up on AIM (or you can always post here too)!

AirBrian

Lambtron said:
Hey I just signed up, sorry for the delay. End of fiscal month at work means late nights. :(
No worries. As someone that works in the financial field, I completely understand!

AirBrian

PRE-SEASON GAME 1 SCHEDULE IS UP! GO! GO! GO!

Alright, here we go! 5 days to play this game. It's good practice to get down the stats and enter them into the League Daddy site. Good luck!

BTW, there will be only 2 pre-season games. They mean squat in the standings, so it's just to get some practice in.

Birdman02

Anyone know how to add a player to my roster on the league daddy site? Alex Smith, of all the people to miss, is not on my roster. :(

Smokey

Ay I'm on League Daddy right now and it doesn't have a few players in the new roster update. For instance, K. Mcardell is now with the Texans, but he's not on the league daddy roster of WR's????

AirBrian

Yeah, League Daddy isn't as current as it should be.

Go to "More" --> "Rosters"

Let me know if you guys can make the changes there. If not, I'll have to do them.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Yeah, League Daddy isn't as current as it should be.

Go to "More" --> "Rosters"

Let me know if you guys can make the changes there. If not, I'll have to do them.

Just did. People missing from Texans:

Keenan.Mccardell
Bethel Johnson
Kevin Walter

Probably some more, but those are on offense.

AirBrian

D Tackles is in there now. :)

Also added tackles for a loss and passes deflected.

Added Punting with 3 catagories: attempts, inside 20, and touchbacks.

Birdman02

GG Smokey....thank God for Frank Gore because you totally shut down my passing game. I'm definitely glad it was preseason.

AirBrian, can you add categories for stat tracking on league daddy? There are no categories on defense for tackles, tackles for loss, interceptions, passes defended....maybe a couple more. Also, there's nothing for Punting....a stat I definitely want to track because I will probably be punting a lot this season.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
GG Smokey....thank God for Frank Gore because you totally shut down my passing game. I'm definitely glad it was preseason.

AirBrian, can you add categories for stat tracking on league daddy? There are no categories on defense for tackles, tackles for loss, interceptions, passes defended....maybe a couple more. Also, there's nothing for Punting....a stat I definitely want to track because I will probably be punting a lot this season.

Yeah good game man. I couldn't stop him no matter how hard I tried. I also mismanaged my timeouts, so I too am glad it's preseason:lol . And it does take a while to enter in the stats, come on EA get w/ it and give us leagues. Luckily I have a laptop so I just typed em in as I went but still. Hopefully next year(NHL 08 has em)?

I also wrote a recap of our game with a pic of gore because he destroyed me if anybody wants to read :).

EDIT: The little write-up is actually on the front page. Neat. Didn't expect that.

GG

LJ11

Variance, let me know when you're free to play our pre-season game. I'm pretty open this weekend so let me know what's good for you.

Top Bottom