• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

airbrian let me know if you want me to make you a commish in my league so you can check out the stat categories. many of them use equations (like the QB rating one, for instance).

i had the leaguedaddy site owner add some extra categories for me too ;)

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
airbrian let me know if you want me to make you a commish in my league so you can check out the stat categories. many of them use equations (like the QB rating one, for instance).

i had the leaguedaddy site owner add some extra categories for me too ;)
Yeah, that would be very helpful! I'm a member of that league from last season so I was looking at your stats last night, but I couldn't see some of the formulas for instance.

I was wondering how you had extra stats in your catagories! The limit is 20/40 and I think you have like 21/43 or something like that. :lol

AirBrian

SweetTea023 said:
Hey, Brian I might be able to play today if you catch me at the right time....
I won't be able to play until late tonight, but I'm pretty open tomorrow and Sunday afternoon/evening.

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
Just did. People missing from Texans:

Keenan.Mccardell
Bethel Johnson
Kevin Walter

Probably some more, but those are on offense.
You (and everyone else) should now have access to add players to your own team. Go to "More" --> "Rosters" and it should be at the bottom of your team's roster list. Let me know if you still can't add them.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
You (and everyone else) should now have access to add players to your own team. Go to "More" --> "Rosters" and it should be at the bottom of your team's roster list. Let me know if you still can't add them.

Alright thanks I'll try it.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok so is the league officially live? Should be by now but i don't see an official announcement. No need for a preseason.

Smokey

vumpler said:
Ok so is the league officially live? Should be by now but i don't see an official announcement. No need for a preseason.

Yeah it's live, we're just in pre-season. Most of the week 1 pre-season games should be completed by tomorrow.

AirBrian

We're in pre-season now with the first game due by Tuesday. The second pre-season game is now unlocked as well. I know it's pre-season, but please get a least one of these games in. The schedules are now 100% complete, and the regular season starts Friday!

EDIT: The rules have also been updated with manual catches being allowed.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
We're in pre-season now with the first game due by Tuesday. The second pre-season game is now unlocked as well. I know it's pre-season, but please get a least one of these games in. The schedules are now 100% complete, and the regular season starts Friday!

EDIT: The rules have also been updated with manual catches being allowed.

Seems like this thread is moving really slowly?? Are people not interested?

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
No one cares about pre-season. :|

Things should pick up on Friday when the regular season starts.

AirBrian

BTW, tcvr0d (New England) is having some issues with his GAF account, so hit him up on XBL if you have a game with him.

Birdman02

Smokey Bones said:

I'm really hoping it'll pick up once the regular season starts. Hopefully, everyone in the league will stay active.

Birdman02 said:
I'm really hoping it'll pick up once the regular season starts. Hopefully, everyone in the league will stay active.

Hey, let me know when you can get in pre-season game #2. I'll be around almost all of tomorrow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Want your league to pick up?

CREATE DRAMA!

AirBrian

No problem, SweetTea023 -- it's pre-season, so they don't count anyway.

I meant to ask you, I think the CPU gave me an extra TD from that booth review that reversed my fumble + 6. I could've sworn you beat me by 14, not 7.

Matrix said:
Want your league to pick up?

CREATE DRAMA!
:lol

Astros suck! Oh wait, you're not in this league. :(

OK, how about we all go buy Gamesharks!

So... when you say the season starts on Friday, you mean tonight at midnight EST time right? *crosses fingers*

...And if so, do you want to play our week 1 game tonight AirBrian?

AirBrian

Yeah, I was going to open it up tonight in honor of college ball kicking off!

I probably won't be able to play tonight, CJ, but I'll be around all weekend. What works good for you?

Also, because of the holiday, we'll get 6 days plus tonight to complete the game!

AirBrian said:
Yeah, I was going to open it up tonight in honor of college ball kicking off!

I probably won't be able to play tonight, CJ, but I'll be around all weekend. What works good for you?

Also, because of the holiday, we'll get 6 days plus tonight to complete the game!

I'm not sure... I have some friends coming up to visit this weekend, but I should be able to sneak in a game one night (Saturday or Sunday).

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
I'm not sure... I have some friends coming up to visit this weekend, but I should be able to sneak in a game one night (Saturday or Sunday).
Sounds good. I can't wait to get burnt by your speedy WRs!

AirBrian said:
No problem, SweetTea023 -- it's pre-season, so they don't count anyway.

I meant to ask you, I think the CPU gave me an extra TD from that booth review that reversed my fumble + 6. I could've sworn you beat me by 14, not 7.

lol Ya I think it might have. I know you were starting to come back there at the end but I had the score was 31-17...weird! ;)

Birdman02

ChrisJames said:
Hey, let me know when you can get in pre-season game #2. I'll be around almost all of tomorrow.

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to sign on at all last night. Looks like it doesn't matter though since the regular season has opened up.

Variance, when do you want to play our week 1 game? I'm available anytime after 8:30 central tonight. I'm pretty much open this weekend if you can let me know what works for you.

EDIT: Are we playing 5 or 6 minute qtrs? I'd prefer 6 if it hasn't been decided yet.

yacobod

Banned
Lambtron let me know when you want to play this game (week 1)

i wont be available sat night cuz of a wedding but i should be pretty available to play besides that

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
So is this league dead or wtf is going on?

I can play today AirBrian...
What time do you want to play? I have to leave for a bit, but I'll be back in about hour or so. I should be able to play anytime after that.

And one game has been played, a couple people are out of town, and a couple people are MIA. :(

Birdman02

AirBrian said:
What time do you want to play? I have to leave for a bit, but I'll be back in about hour or so. I should be able to play anytime after that.

And one game has been played, a couple people are out of town, and a couple people are MIA. :(

I think Variance is on the MIA list....I sent him a FR on xbl and a msg along with it. I see he's been online a couple of times since then, but no response. :(

LJ11

Drey1082, when do you want to get our pre-season game in? I'm free today and tomorrow so whatever time is good for you.

AirBrian

Good game, CJ. That fumble at the very end really hurt because you had a nice drive going. Man, Kevin Jones was eating my D up! I lost count of the number of times I got burned when he would pop to the outside. I blitzed you one time the entire game, and it was Briggs from the left side and you happened to run Jones outside to the right for that huge gain. :lol

AirBrian said:
Good game, CJ. That fumble at the very end really hurt because you had a nice drive going. Man, Kevin Jones was eating my D up! I lost count of the number of times I got burned when he would pop to the outside. I blitzed you one time the entire game, and it was Briggs from the left side and you happened to run Jones outside to the right for that huge gain. :lol

GG. Right when I thought I had your offense under control you busted out some big pass plays. I'm not too great on offense, so those big runs Jones and Bell had really helped keep me in the game. A good amount of my pass completions (the long bombs) were just pure luck. That fumble at the end did really, really hurt me, but you played better than me anyways.

Smokey

hey tcvr0d when do you want to play our week 1 game man? i sent a fr on 8/30 and it says you haven't been on since :(

Drey1082

LJ11 said:
Drey1082, when do you want to get our pre-season game in? I'm free today and tomorrow so whatever time is good for you.

I should be free tonight after around 9 central. I will be on playing something so send me a game invite.

AirBrian

Cool, Ando. There's two people who are MIA, so I might take you up on that. :) I'll let you know this week.

Smokey Bones said:
hey tcvr0d when do you want to play our week 1 game man? i sent a fr on 8/30 and it says you haven't been on since :(
He's out of town until Wednesday I think is what he said. Don't worry, he assured me he'll get his game in when he gets back.

LJ11

Drey1082 said:
I should be free tonight after around 9 central. I will be on playing something so send me a game invite.

My fault man, I got caught up playing CoD4 and totally forgot. Can you play today at all?

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Cool, Ando. There's two people who are MIA, so I might take you up on that. :) I'll let you know this week.

He's out of town until Wednesday I think is what he said. Don't worry, he assured me he'll get his game in when he gets back.

Alright.

Top Bottom