• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

Rorschach said:
GG Chris. Bad breaks...on the fumbles and the end of the half...

:lol

That was just absurd. I swear I pressed select and saw "TIME OUT" flash on the scoreboard, so I wasn't even paying attention to the time clock. I'm busy picking out my play and then the screen changes and says end of half. I couldn't believe it :(

I made all kinds of stupid mistakes akin to that one all game. My defense was lousy, I was controlling my players like Greg Louganis. GG.

variance

DCX, Yaco, Ando: I can play tonight if any of you want. Hit me up on here, 360 (corey f baby) or AIM (iamsohardcoreyo).

DCX

DCX
variance said:
DCX, Yaco, Ando: I can play tonight if any of you want. Hit me up on here, 360 (corey f baby) or AIM (iamsohardcoreyo).
We can play tonight around 8:30-9pm est.

DCX

Andokuky

Banned
Chicago, Tennessee, Atlanta, New Orleans.. I'm free all day until about 3pm CST if any of you happen to be around to play. Are the Bengals still in the league?

yacobod

Banned
variance said:

i can play this weekend, if not monday will work

variance

if anyone i need to play is on, i can either play this morning before 1pm est or maybe i'll find some time tomorrow. i'll find sometime after work/school during the week, of course.

Andokuky

Banned
GG, I got lucky with some scrub WR's catching key 3rd and long passes. Idk what was up with that lag, made it hard to play defense at times. Good running with Bush and you shut Westbrook down with ease not counting that lucky 70 yarder. I think aside from that he had like 11 yards on 12 carries.

variance

gg. the better player won, obviously, I'm just proud I kept it close (though the score doesn't really reflect that, I really think I had a shot, if I capitalize on fourth and 5 it's probably 21-14 or at least 21-10 with 4 minutes left in the fourth). you were sick through the air, despite one or two dropped balls that should've been caught.

I thought I had my first no interception game until I tossed two as time winded down in the fourth quarter :(

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
Sounds good. I'll probably be on aim or live.
Sorry Rors, my Xbox is dying and I can't last longer than 5 minutes.

...wait, that sounds bad!

I'll be replacing it hopefully tomorrow after work. BB replacement plan FTW!

AirBrian

OK, so apparently this league is dead. And those who are active, are all in the Vets league. :lol So here's what we're going to do:

Strike-shortened season!

Let's get as many games in this weekend as possible. Weeks 13-16 don't exist, so all weeks that are open is it. Playoffs will start on Tuesday, which gives us a full week to get in a couple more games. The site is paid for through the 20th, and I'm not going to renew it for league that's on life-support, all the active players are in the Vets league, the abundant release of awesome games taking time away from Madden, and the holiday season. I really appreciate those who have been active!

SO GET SOME GAMES IN THIS WEEKEND! There are a many teams that are alive for the playoffs, so go win one for the Gipper!

variance

well I don't think I can propel myself into the playoffs with only two games, but if one of my opponents can hit me up and we'll play out our game.

Top Bottom