• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
much like the real niners. #4 would be more delicious than #2, but only as delicious as #1... and less delicious than #3! tim rattay/kbar/brandon lloyd = superbowl champions... it happened GAF!

Pretty sure I'm the one that fell to the Tri Force of shit, sigh.

Mrbob

Rors, just think of the positives. Win or lose you'll be able to use Oakland again next season!

DMczaf said:
I'm undefeated in Super Bowls!

It helps that I've only been to one...Just like the real Bucs!

1-0!

You are your scab year league championship!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Some odd play must have occured, because it's gone from 3-0 FMT to 9-3 Rorschalama. He hit the Dreaded 9 Point play!

10-3 actually

Lonestar

OH SNAP, IT'S IN THE HOLE

27-12

Raider's making up for the schlacking they had in the Super Bowl against TB

Fifty

Rors might have sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for this season's amazing run. I don't know how exactly he does it..Maybe all of his seemingly endless practice has finally paid off.

DMczaf

FMT with a loser Sunday

He loses in Madden and in real life! Niners are LOSERS. It's like the Dennis Erickson Era has returned!

119_DennisErickson200.JPG

dang that was an ass beating! here is how it happened:

1st quarter: nuffin! no scoring! i think we both had 1 long drive each and punted. actually, scratch that rors drove deep but his guy got stripped on a 3rd down (i thought the pass was incomplete, but it was challenged and upheld)

2nd quarter: i drove for a fg. a fg i should have never had! i threw a stupid deep out which should have been picked (happened again in the 3rd too). anyhow 3-0. then rors drives down and i stop him to 4th and 1 from the 39. i figure he'll go for it but he goes for the fg... and that shit is nothing but net! motherfucking 56 yarder like nothin! 3-3. then with about 1:30 left in the half i got greedy and threw to VD at the snap. it was a spider sense pick by the LB but thats what i get, i should've let the play develop. rors gets a td. i drive down in the final minute to get a fg 10-6 at the half.

3rd quarter: first drive i have him at 3rd and inches, he PA's and gets curry all alone with harris. a re"curr"ing story. everytime that fuck was one on one he caught it over walt "burnt toast" harris. 17-6. i drive down and get a td, go for 2 and miss. frank gore was also injured on this drive and would not return. 17-12. next drive he gets a fg, 20-12. then the wheels fall off.

4th quarter: i have to punt, next drive he has a 3rd down and jmar is scrambling out so i have to leave my safety position, and when i do guess who that leaves 1 on 1? waaaaaaaalt! and curry. you know what happened! anyways, 27-12 after that drive. i threw a few more picks for good measure (including one WTF ALEX throw where i kind of had an angle with lelie but smith threw it about 5 yards the other way)

i thought it was a good game and i just didn't stick to the gameplan. i couldn't run, i couldn't stop the run, i couldn't stop the pass, i made too many foolish throws and tried to play as if i were the colts and not the niners. gg rors, YOU'RE WINNER!

Rorschach

Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

GG FMT. Vernon Davis is a beast. Just when I thought I would have him contained, he'd be wide open with 2 guys assigned to him. o_O I had him and Arnaz doubled almost all day. I left Jackson 1 on 1 most of the time, and it burned me twice (how the hell did he break all those tackles and miller coughs it? :'(), but you didn't use him that much. That also left Gore wide open a lot, but I took the risk.

Wow... I'd think I was in bizzarro world if it wasn't for Miller, Jordan, Washington, and Porter fucking up once in a while to remind me what Raiders football is all about. I'm gonna ride them in the off season! Billicheat ain't got shit on me!

I can't believe Curry was actually catching things! Curry, you man-beast!

Oh, and that Morrison INT was pretty much BS...he never does that normally, but I think I'll take it. ;)

I'm a little more leveled now after that ass beating the real Raiders took, but I'm still down in the dumps. :''(

LJ11 said:
Congrats Rors, great job.
I expect your 67 rated self to get there next year. ;) Don't disappoint! Win that division against evil incarnate!

Rorschach

Oh, I thought it was the First Wives Club, but this is just as nice.

btw- anyone know why the fuck the play n charge kit doesn't last very long? I was distracted the whole first quarter because I didn't want to pause it and between plays I was looking for the damn cord because that light pisses me off. :lol

I'd like to nominate Jordan for post-season mvp, Huff for defensive, and Moneykowski for ST. :D

And Curry for SB mvp. :O

[edit] woah! I was 15th rated! Suck it down, power rankings! ;)

Congrats, Rors. You are an awesome, awesome player. I should've considered that I'd have to play you twice before I picked the Broncos for Season 2 :(

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Oh, I thought it was the First Wives Club, but this is just as nice.

btw- anyone know why the fuck the play n charge kit doesn't last very long? I was distracted the whole first quarter because I didn't want to pause it and between plays I was looking for the damn cord because that light pisses me off. :lol

I'd like to nominate Jordan for post-season mvp, Huff for defensive, and Moneykowski for ST. :D

And Curry for SB mvp. :O

[edit] woah! I was 15th rated! Suck it down, power rankings! ;)

I have the same problem with my play and charge, one of them I think doesn't even work. Its disappointing to say the least, should've just gone with rechargeables.

Anywho for all your humbleness throughout the season I'm glad to see you win it all. I guess I don't feel bad for my narrow loss to you in our second meeting as without it you wouldn't have been able to go all the way.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Congrats to my Red Ring of Death brother Rors.

Lonestar

Actually, just thinking about it all, realize that if not for DJ Demon and his Patriot loving self, beating Sickboy in the last game, creating the 3 way tie situation, and putting Rorschach into the playoffs instead of Konex...

We could have had a Konex SB Champion instead of a Rorschumama one.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Actually, just thinking about it all, realize that if not for DJ Demon and his Patriot loving self, beating Sickboy in the last game, creating the 3 way tie situation, and putting Rorschach into the playoffs instead of Konex...

We could have had a Konex SB Champion instead of a Rorschumama one.

I was just about to post this myself. Congrats Rors!....I expect a check in the mail this week. :D

SickBoy

Yeah, me too... someone with a little time on their hands should grab some of his "oh it's all over quotes" from earlier in the thread.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
I was just about to post this myself. Congrats Rors!....I expect a check in the mail this week. :D
One of, if not the best, spoiler games of all time.

SickBoy said:
Yeah, me too... someone with a little time on their hands should grab some of his "oh it's all over quotes" from earlier in the thread.
Oh, I don't know. There's no need for that. Thread closed!

Thanks, everyone! See you next season. :p

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
One of, if not the best, spoiler games of all time.

Oh, I don't know. There's no need for that. Thread closed!

Thanks, everyone! See you next season. :p
Congrats! 67 teams reppin! The only respectable thing to do is try to repeat!! Raider nation needs this!

DCX

Slo

Stop bumping the thread. We get it, you won the Super Bowl. Stop living in the past.

P.S. Pick Atlanta so I can pound on you twice this season.

Top Bottom