• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Rorschach said:
Spectator mode or death to America.

Knowing EA, it will be in NHL next year, followed by NCAA the year after and then Madden in the '11 version. Seriously, PGR3 gave us this at Xbox 360 launch.

LukeSmith

It's good to see the Super Bowl filled with folks who genuinely love their teams, next year when it's Livewire vs. DCX it's just going to feel dirty.

:lol is all I have to say about that game. I was wondering when the home field bullshit was going to catchup to me.

You did well FMT in choosing not to play me all year because you hit me with a WTF special. You essentially operated from a Twin WR formation all game offensively. Bored me to death with the running game and threw Davis at will. When you got a lead you essentially sat in quaters zones/blitzes and your guys made plays. Kudos, good luck, and yeah shit happens!!

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
It's good to see the Super Bowl filled with folks who genuinely love their teams, next year when it's Livewire vs. DCX it's just going to feel dirty.

Corso: Not so fast my friend

Rorschach

Congrats, FMT! I believed all along!

I realize that if this was the real bowl this year, it would be the lowest rated of all time. Mainly because no one likes Alex Smith, but also because of what teams they are. You better start Trent, FMT. He has championship experience unlike that princess you normally put behind center!

LJ11

Superbowl going down tonight?

I'm watching FSU/BU. It's times like these where I wish spectator mode was in the game. Game is awful.

Edit: Ramirez lets go, I can't watch this game. Ryan is the top Heisman canidate...:lol

You did well FMT in choosing not to play me all year because you hit me with a WTF special. You essentially operated from a Twin WR formation all game offensively. Bored me to death with the running game and threw Davis at will. When you got a lead you essentially sat in quaters zones/blitzes and your guys made plays. Kudos, good luck, and yeah shit happens!!

2 different offensive styles. i lined up with more than 2 WR's maybe 5 times, you lined up with 3,4,5 WR's the majority of the game! i wanted to keep you off the field and slow the game down. that is why it's fun to play a variety of people.

and my offense will bore you to death... to the point that you let VD get so wide open i did my first double take of madden 08 and said wtf he cant be that open (we're talking no one without 40 yards of him open). not sure if you took control of the safety or if it was a busted play.

but i thought it was a good game. very close until late in the 4th. here's what happened for those that care:

1st quarter: i drive to midfield, eventually have to kick. i punt it inside the 10 but freaking newman picks it up and returns to midfield. inside the 20 i blitz left, he runs pitch right. td

2nd quarter: drive all the way downfield and get into the endzone with an alex smith sneak. get the ball back on a shanked punt and play it safe, opting for the sure points with a 50 yard fg. 10-7. cowboys drive down the field before the half and get a long td on a romo scramble with t.o. over the middle. 14-10. i drive all the way down the field and i dont have a timeout left so evne though i finish in fg range i get no points.

3rd quarter: waaaaaalt!! interception walt harris. quickly turned into a touchdown on an awesome pass (already mentioned!). 17-14. shawn drives down for the fg.

4th quarter: i get inside the 30, 3rd and 5 i say fuck it im running this and taking the fg if nothing else. "not so fast!" frank gore fumble that pissed me off. dallas recovery but they have to punt. i get the ball back and drive down the field quickly again to take a 24-17 lead. there is about 2:15 left. shawn throws into the flats which gets picked off to the 1. next play TD. next cowboys drive throw to owns is pick 6'd by nate the great. one last int deep by walt ended the game.

overall i thought it was a good game. i thought both of us had some fortunate and unfortunate plays (holy shit that vernon davis drop on the deep bomb pissed me off... as did the frank gore fumble) but i dont recall any flat out ridiculousness.

now in the superbowl i must play a dude who i dont think ive played in a few seasons... seems like we play the same style of ball too, which is toughest for me!

SickBoy

Rorschach said:
Congrats, FMT! I believed all along!

I realize that if this was the real bowl this year, it would be the lowest rated of all time. Mainly because no one likes Alex Smith, but also because of what teams they are. You better start Trent, FMT. He has championship experience unlike that princess you normally put behind center!

Don't be silly! There are tons of bandwagon fans from the 80s and 90s with Raiders and Niners jerseys parked in their closets, just waiting for the opportunity to pull them out again...

Anyhow, you guys deserve mega kudos for making it to the finals with those teams (I guess Rors' boys responded to all that criticism he laid on them for the season... good thing he's in the finals, because I'd hate to see him with a high-rated team).

Slo

Yeah guys, thanks for overachieving. I was worried the Super Bowl winner would carry forward a team that I wanted. :D

:lol the funny thing is i think no matter who wins we'll still both end up with these same 2 teams cause i dont know of anyone else who wants them. i could see the niners being somewhat enticing to a player picking lower, but i dont know about the raiders :lol

SickBoy

Hate to break it to you FMT, but depending on what's available, I could see myself potentially picking San Fran... (consider this your motivation for the big game!)

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
now in the superbowl i must play a dude who i dont think ive played in a few seasons... seems like we play the same style of ball too, which is toughest for me!
Indeed. Same here.

SickBoy said:
Don't be silly! There are tons of bandwagon fans from the 80s and 90s with Raiders and Niners jerseys parked in their closets, just waiting for the opportunity to pull them out again...

Anyhow, you guys deserve mega kudos for making it to the finals with those teams (I guess Rors' boys responded to all that criticism he laid on them for the season... good thing he's in the finals, because I'd hate to see him with a high-rated team).
It's like they heard it's the playoffs. :lol Thanks for the compliment. :D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol the funny thing is i think no matter who wins we'll still both end up with these same 2 teams cause i dont know of anyone else who wants them. i could see the niners being somewhat enticing to a player picking lower, but i dont know about the raiders :lol

HA wakubo: haha if fmt and I go to the sb, everyone wins

...unless DCX really was waiting for the Raiders! :eek:

Slo

Enough flirting, you two. It's time to seal the deal! Ror's place or FMT's?

FMT makes great pancakes.

LJ11

Ramirez said:
GG LJ, you've just got my number for some reason. :lol

You dropped that user pick for some unknown reason (aka Madden Gods), and then that pass to Lynch which you almost broke up went the distance. That was my only big play on the day. Your DT was up my ass all game, he's a force in this game.

LJ11

Ramirez said:
Yea I might go with them, I really doubt anyone will have picked them by the time I roll around.

Their D is tough, and they have speed at the right positions. Would be a solid choice.

2 different offensive styles. i lined up with more than 2 WR's maybe 5 times, you lined up with 3,4,5 WR's the majority of the game! i wanted to keep you off the field and slow the game down. that is why it's fun to play a variety of people.

and my offense will bore you to death... to the point that you let VD get so wide open i did my first double take of madden 08 and said wtf he cant be that open (we're talking no one without 40 yards of him open). not sure if you took control of the safety or if it was a busted play.

but i thought it was a good game. very close until late in the 4th. here's what happened for those that care:

1st quarter: i drive to midfield, eventually have to kick. i punt it inside the 10 but freaking newman picks it up and returns to midfield. inside the 20 i blitz left, he runs pitch right. td

2nd quarter: drive all the way downfield and get into the endzone with an alex smith sneak. get the ball back on a shanked punt and play it safe, opting for the sure points with a 50 yard fg. 10-7. cowboys drive down the field before the half and get a long td on a romo scramble with t.o. over the middle. 14-10. i drive all the way down the field and i dont have a timeout left so evne though i finish in fg range i get no points.

3rd quarter: waaaaaalt!! interception walt harris. quickly turned into a touchdown on an awesome pass (already mentioned!). 17-14. shawn drives down for the fg.

4th quarter: i get inside the 30, 3rd and 5 i say fuck it im running this and taking the fg if nothing else. "not so fast!" frank gore fumble that pissed me off. dallas recovery but they have to punt. i get the ball back and drive down the field quickly again to take a 24-17 lead. there is about 2:15 left. shawn throws into the flats which gets picked off to the 1. next play TD. next cowboys drive throw to owns is pick 6'd by nate the great. one last int deep by walt ended the game.

overall i thought it was a good game. i thought both of us had some fortunate and unfortunate plays (holy shit that vernon davis drop on the deep bomb pissed me off... as did the frank gore fumble) but i dont recall any flat out ridiculousness.

Moral of the Story: Have a clue of how your opponent likes to play...Those blowouts I got on you early before the league hit made me think I had your number and that I could dial it any time I wanted.... the joke's on me though!!

I would have loved to have played you more throughout the year, but you wouldn't play me .....and that proved to be a very smart thing you did. I would have had a suite of more effective audibles to counteract what you were doing defensively, but you live and learn.

It's not that there was a crazy amount of bs, but my defense couldn't get any pressure on Smith, VD easily outran double teams, and my interior line didn't perform the way I'm accustomed to seeing them perform. I've never been raped by one player as bad as I was with Davis, but it was one of those games!

On that VD long TD play, a combo of an audible followed by a phone call on my cell diverted attention for a sec. Next thing I know VD is trotting down the field wide open for a TD.... I obviously must have been controlling my safety but I don't remember...

All props to you though, you played the perfect game to stay in it early and eventually take over on the three straight picks in the last couple minutes of the game.

While it sucks to lose, I can't be too mad about my season or the traction I've gained here in just over a year. I started as a unknown that nobody took seriously....After three seasons here, I've won a Super Bowl, and lost in the NFC Championship game twice. I've had some great victories against all the top players here, and everyone knows I'm a tough game. While it is likely someone will steal my 'Boys for next year, it will be nice challenge to make the journey next year with a new team to try and win the whole thing again.

Rorschach

Oh yeah, about the SuperBowl, what's your schedule looking like, FMT?

Tomorrow is a no-go unless it's later at night (9ish?). Monday, I'll be available after 9pm. Tuesday, I probably won't be available at all. Wednesday looks clear after 7pm.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
WTF? Man I thought if anything I would be a good warmup for a game with FMT! I am a disciple of his, of course.

Now, of course, the super bowl comes down to the man who broke my undefeated streak in season 8 and the guy who whooped my ass the week after.

I hope the refs win!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
seriously when was the last time we even played? 5 seasons ago?
Couple seasons ago. I ended your streak just like Wellie's. :lol

[edit] WOAH! FMT is undefeated in all the superbowls he has attended?! Would you guys respect me any less if I forfeit now?!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Couple seasons ago. I ended your streak just like Wellie's. :lol

[edit] WOAH! FMT is undefeated in all the superbowls he has attended?! Would you guys respect me any less if I forfeit now?!

You shoulda been rooting for me. I think I am 2-3 in super bowls.

WOAH! FMT is undefeated in all the superbowls he has attended?!

much like the real niners. #4 would be more delicious than #2, but only as delicious as #1... and less delicious than #3! tim rattay/kbar/brandon lloyd = superbowl champions... it happened GAF!

Top Bottom