• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaddenGAF's Fantasy Thread - Now With 10% Less DotA!

Mrbob

Carls Jr, lawl. It's called Hardees in the midwest, bittttch!

I'll see what I can do but no promises. Getting dragged along to my GFs work related dinner/social gathering/whatever the fuck it is. I need to find a farm wife like Eznark has.

Mrbob

Oh nice, very slick interface. This is going to something out of The League tonight. She is going to want me to mingle and I'm going to be on my phone doing a fantasy draft.

Mrbob

Is there a prompt on the phone to know when it is my time to pick?

This is going to be hilariously terrible. I know I should draft a RB first, then a QB, and uhhhh after that? Should be fun!

Ferny

Is there a prompt on the phone to know when it is my time to pick?

This is going to be hilariously terrible. I know I should draft a RB first, then a QB, and uhhhh after that? Should be fun!

Two resources you can look at

http://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/13/NFLDK2K13_CS_Stand.pdf?addata=2013=ffldft_chtsht_standard_xxx

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?teams=12&rounds=15&year=2013&view=draftboard

The draft position is just where they usually go. That can of course change depending on what crazy stuff happens and where you will end up drafting. I'm just going to say, RBs and WRs are prime targets. QBs are deep this season.

eznark

Banned
lol, sucks to suck. Anything before the 4th pick blows. 4-8 are the money spots in a snake. 10th is awesome in the first two rounds but garbagio after that :(

Ferny

Moment of the draft: Picking Michael Vick
zJxIfUZ.png

TheCrow

I think I did ok for my first fantasy draft. Even though I had no idea who the players were after the first 5 or 6 rounds.

McNei1y

Hrm, being the 12th pick is hit or miss. I'd like to say it was miss in this draft.

Yahoo agrees. They gave my draft a C. I think it will all come up Milhouse though. I have high hopes for Garcon and Nicks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
These rankings are weird. I dont know that its taking into account the rookies correctly.

Still, a B is fine.

eznark

Banned
These rankings are weird. I dont know that its taking into account the rookies correctly.

Still, a B is fine.

It goes by Yahoo's order. So if you deviate from it you'll get a bad ranking. Basically the post draft grades show how creative you were and who did their own research. If you get a low grade, you didn't trust Yahoo.

McNei1y

It goes by Yahoo's order. So if you deviate from it you'll get a bad ranking. Basically the post draft grades show how creative you were and who did their own research. If you get a low grade, you didn't trust Yahoo.

And I didn't. Which is fine by me. I always thought Yahoo's rankings are the worst. Followed by ESPN's.

Ferny

I went pretty far off their order and got a solid grade. I think it also has to do with projected points during the season. It goes in depth about certain way you picked and everything.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They dinged me for Taking Giovanni Bernard. Even though he is a starting running back on an above average offense. And he has looked good in preseason (although i dont expect them to be that current.) They had a number of back ups above him.

Im feeling quietly optimistic about my team. Even if a number of guys i wanted got picked 1 team before they made it to me. If EJ Manuel makes it back for week 1 and is even halfway decent, im going to feel great about the Robert Woods pick.

rinse82

Looks like the BEast division.

I was drafting from the app so didn't see this last night but lol at yahoo whoring out even their draft chats for advertising.

Had both Daryl Richardson and Denarius Moore taken right before my pick b2b rounds, that sucked.

Rorschach

Sorry, I expected to be able to fly in last weekend, but shit got real and there was a change of plans. Just got back.

I'll be sending invites shortly. We still need 3 for auction draft. Maybe I can find DM and make him join!

Let me know what day looks best for you guys to draft.

[edit]If you were in last year, you automatically got an invite in your yahoo mailbox. If not, I'm gonna PM you guys with the info.

I know the Sunday draft is set for 12:30 CT, but if there's any earthly way to push it back 30 minutes that'd be nice. If not no biggie. May have to miss first few rounds.

yeah if we could delay that on that sunday it would be great

so too would pushing the saturday back an hour or so lol. but I don't want to hijack the times!

Rorschach

DRAFT IS NOT SET. IF YOU WANT A WEEKDAY PRESS 1. IF YOU WANT THE WEEKEND PRESS 2! IF YOU'D LIKE TO HEAR THIS RECORDING AGAIN PRESS POUND.

Weekend:
Rorschach
Somsom

Weekday:
Pheephee
Live

Either:
FMT
Ez
Ferns
Lukems
CB
Cro

Is there still room in the auction draft?

There's still room.

Top Bottom