• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG 2.0 Matchup Thread

Click

Banned
Since the original MAG Matchup thread died a long time ago, I am making a new thread because a lot of GAF'fers have recently started playing MAG (again) due to the major overhaul of the game and because it supports PS Move.

Send a PSN message to O-R-I-O-N or post in this thread if you want a clan invite to the new RavenGAF.

RavenGAF.jpg

O-R-I-O-N
Lagspike_exe
worldrevolution
Rick808
iantempleu
W1SSY
Trevelyan
Jubbery
KiKals
TheTrinidad
elfinke
Madriiax
Sputnik_Sweetie
gamerecks
GimmeCat

neoJABES - Invite sent
GraveRobberX - Invite sent
xZeDgEx - Invite sent

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
worldrevolution - currently on Raven so that'll be my vote, but also willing to go wherever

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LonestarGA - Raven (since I still play, sparringly, and haven't reached the point of being able to switch factions yet) :lol

Jubs

There seems to be a fair amount of diversity in the main MAG thread. People there probably aren't aware of this thread.

Anyways, my game still hasn't arrived from Gamefly, but I'll roll whatever faction gets the most votes. Doesn't really matter to me. But if I have to put a vote in, I suppose it'll be-

Jubbery - Raven

patsu

patsu - Raven

BTW, JardeL is not in the clan. Someone invite him please. He dropped me an XMB yesterday.

Click

Banned
patsu said:
BTW, JardeL is not in the clan. Someone invite him please. He dropped me an XMB yesterday.

We didn't make the clan yet. That's why we're taking this poll first, to determine which PMC we're going to make it on.

JardeL

patsu said:
patsu - Raven

Thanks for mentioning.

There's already a Raven GAF clan. Bajan and patsu are in it. I don't know who the clan leader is though.

Also a SVER GAF clan exists. Rick is in it if I'm not mistaken.

Click

Banned
JardeL said:
Thanks for mentioning.

There's already a Raven GAF clan. Bajan and patsu are in it. I don't know who the clan leader is though.

Also a SVER GAF clan exists. Rick is in it if I'm not mistaken.

They exist but 95%+ of the roster is inactive or quit the game.

We don't know who the officers are in the clans. I tried making almost everyone an officer in SVER GAF before I vetted out so they can invite people...

elfinke

PSN: elfinke (I'm a part of AusGAF, so bear that in mind for any matchmaking down the line).

I vet'd from SVER to Raven (which was partly the reason I left MAG in the first instance - too hard going back to lvl 1, and Raven sucked after playing SVER since BETA :D ), but would happily roll a new character all over again to start with whatever faction wins this vote.

Nonetheless, count my vote as Raven for now.

I picked up a Move today, haven't had a chance to play MAG with it yet. That is tonight's project :)

Click

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
Seems like Raven is up for the next clan.

Seems like it. Only 7 hours left to vote. We don't have that many people interested in this GAF clan and I doubt it'll be too active.

Since patsu is an officer in the original Raven GAF clan, I won't be making a new clan. He'll have to send out invites to people when the poll ends. Like I've said before, I'll still mainly play for my main clan in SVER but I'll also play for Raven GAF from time to time, helping out new players to the game.

Click

Banned
I guess everyone who wants to be playing with GAF, send a PSN message to patsu. Hopefully he'll add us soon.

W1SSY

I think I will join the gaf clan. Played mag at release and the stopped but with 2.0 I will give it another try. Tag is W1SSY

Trevelyan

Banned
I'll be jumping on around 530 Pacific time tonight if someone is on the clan that can give me an invite. After originally playing Raven and vetting over to Valor for another 40 levels; my god at the difference in player quality. I'd be lucky to to get a single win out of about 2hrs of playing a night. So far on Raven I'm 8-0.

Click

Banned
KiKaL said:
So messaged Pitsu and he says he doesn't have the ability to add anyone. Anyone else to message?

WTF? His playercard says he's an officer, so he's supposed to be able to add people.

Whatever. I'll just make a new clan. I'll send out invites to everyone on the list tomorrow when I have some free time. Anyone who doesn't get an invite within the next 2 days, send a PSN message to O-R-I-O-N. It's my alt. account.

Click

Banned
I sent out 7 invites to people that I could actually send it to and updated the list.
Click on your "Community" tab and accept the clan invite the next time you log onto MAG.

dazed808

Rick808 - Level 66 Valor

Hoping to get through these last few levels by the weekend and join you fellas. Will post as soon as I do to get an invite.

Thanks for sorting this Click, will be great to actually get regular team play again.

Jubs

Gamefly's doing their best impression of a shitty service and haven't delivered MAG yet, despite ordering my copy eight days ago. Still waiting... but once it arrives and I get it updated, I'll make a char asap.

Click

Banned
dazed808 said:
Rick808 - Level 66 Valor

Hoping to get through these last few levels by the weekend and join you fellas. Will post as soon as I do to get an invite.

Thanks for sorting this Click, will be great to actually get regular team play again.

It'd be nice to have another "vet" of MAG join the new GAF clan. Me, Trevelyan, and W1SSY had some good games today.... when our team was actually competent. But with 2 low level characters (Trev and Wiss are actually good MAG "vets") and me, it wasn't enough to take on some of the larger clans. Hopefully we'll get some other vets like J-Rzez, TelemachusD, ThePrez, icechai, and a few others to come over too. Maybe schedule an hour or two out of the day to play. It'd be sweet having the old GAF clan semi-reunited, lol.

KiKaL

Yeah I got in a good game with Trev and W1ssy last night too. It's a lot of fun playing with guys who know what they are doing. Starting from scratch is rough though haha. I switched to playing with the dual shock, because new character + Move is miserable. I will be on tonight most likely after 8pm est for most of the night.

Click

Banned
It seems like we've got a decent-sized roster now (14 players).
Maybe we can schedule a time period where we'll try and play together.

What time period do you guys usually play?

JardeL

Sorry for yesterday Click, I was messing with PC, couldn't see your invite in time.

Looks nobody except you & me plays regularly. If this keeps going I'll vet & choose SVER or Valor.

Eccocid

I just got the game for 20 bucks un used tho region 3..Are servers global? pls say yes!
Downloading the 520mb patch right now and it is veeeery slow
Anyway my psn id is GimmeCat
oh and i am GMT+2

Click

Banned
JardeL said:
Sorry for yesterday Click, I was messing with PC, couldn't see your invite in time.

Looks nobody except you & me plays regularly. If this keeps going I'll vet & choose SVER or Valor.

No prob.

I'm trying my best to get this clan going but if nobody wants to log on and make it active, there's not much I can do about it. Like I said in my last post, if we could get people to log on at a similar time frame, things could get interesting. But not a lot of people are posting in this thread so it's hard to set up a good time to play together.

Whatever, I still have my main clan in SVER to play with. I'm only in this GAF clan to help people out and give new players my input if they need questions answered.

No45

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, but I'm definitely interested in this. Only problem might be time zone, I'm in the UK (So GMT+1 at the moment). :(

Haven't played the game before OR an FPS with Move, so it'll take me some time to adjust, but I'm looking to get into an online shooter. Haven't really done so since KZ2.

KiKaL

I haven't been logging into much since not many are on. I've been playing my main sver lately. I will get on my raven char after the office tonight

dazed808

My connection has been shite all week so haven't been able to get on. All seems to be sorted now so hope to put some time in over the coming days :D

Top Bottom