• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG 2.0 Matchup Thread

Click

Banned
So what time do you guys think you'll be able to play most often?
Give me a rough timeframe so we can plan our sessions.

Click

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
I'll be available today from 21.00 CET and tomorrow mostly the entire day except in the evening.

Thanks for giving me Central European Time in military hours... >.>

So that'll be 3 PM EST, right?

No45

I'm typically online at 22:00 BST (GMT +1 currently, although that changes back to GMT next Sunday) for a couple of hours. That requires me having the game of course, it's been 'awaiting stock pick' for four days now. :'(

JardeL

No problem W1SSY.

I thought more & more people would join us in MAG but I was wrong. So I've vetted and chosen SVER. It's easy to play as a SVER, you always win. :lol I think there're more SVER players than RAVEN , it doesn't take long to join a game compared to RAVEN. SVER musics are awesome also, they pump you up. :lol

One last thing, playing without poison gas grenade sucks. ^_^

Click

Banned
JardeL said:
I thought more & more people would join us in MAG but I was wrong. So I've vetted and chosen SVER. It's easy to play as a SVER, you always win. :lol I think there're more SVER players than RAVEN , it doesn't take long to join a game compared to RAVEN. SVER musics are awesome also, they pump you up. :lol

One last thing, playing without poison gas grenade sucks. ^_^

Sucks you vetted to SVER man.

SVER doesn't have the most playercount. In fact, they have the least amount of players according the the site owner of magleaderboards.com. These are the weekly statistics he data-mined off of Zipper's official leaderboards:

For those of you who were interested in active player counts... I've just exported the raw data for the weekly stats and (after deleting those stats where there was obviously an error in the data) we end up with the following:

North America
Raven 15,256
SVER 14,204
Valor 17,971

Europe
Raven 10,701
SVER 9,419
Valor 8,826

Japan
Raven 1,601
SVER 1,337
Valor 1,396

Total for All Regions
Raven 27,558
SVER 24,960
Valor 28,193

Please note that these are approximations at best and are wholly reliant on the data provided (and scraped) from Zipper's official leaderboards. Errors do occur.

Eccocid

ORION sorry for the DC my modem is fucked up lately.
You told me to use some assault rifle instead of sniper, why? Is it because of match types?
Oh i wll get my headset back this weekend for some serious session!

Click

Banned
Eccocid said:
ORION sorry for the DC my modem is fucked up lately.
You told me to use some assault rifle instead of sniper, why? Is it because of match types?
Oh i wll get my headset back this weekend for some serious session!

Sniping USUALLY doesn't help your team and you won't ever learn how to play the game if you're sitting back sniping. Only veteran snipers who move around the battlefield and snipe objective areas are helpful. I saw you moving up and you didn't sit behind the redline sniping, but you aren't experienced enough to be a good, mobile sniper yet. People were running up to you and knifed you in the back without you knowing it. Plus, you won't start killing lots of people easily until you've upgraded all of the sniping skills (particularly the overpowered reload speed and reduced recoil skills).

I told you to use the LMG, not Assault Rifle. I think you heard me and started using the LMG the next game we played. The LMG is good because it has so many bullets and is good for new players that haven't quite learned how to play MAG yet. Just strafe (move your left analog stick left and right constantly) while you're holding down R1 to kill people. Don't use L1 to aim unless the enemy is further than 15-20m. Put a reddot sight onto that LMG and you'll be good to go until you get more levels and skill points. SMG is a good newbie weapon too but it doesn't have as much ammo per loadout.

Hey there been playing for the last couple weeks.. Level 30 raven, would love to join the had crew.

Psn name is neoJABES

Usually can play around 9 or 10pm mst

Click

Banned
Nightbreeze said:
Hey there been playing for the last couple weeks.. Level 30 raven, would love to join the had crew.

Psn name is neoJABES

Usually can play around 9 or 10pm mst

You need to quit your clan if you want me to invite you to the GAF clan.

Billen

Banned
Billen here for Euro Raven, feel free to invite me. Btw, why do I get to play against americans all the time?

Eit: Is it possible to join with more than one group? Because I play with a friend, and while I understand that joining as bigger groups is fun it makes the game somewhat hard to enjoy for all others. :D

Click

Banned
My PS3 YLoD. Not sure when I'll get a new PS3. Maybe this week, maybe in another month on Black Friday.

I made everyone in the new RavenGAF officers so you can invite whomever you want to the clan and you can make them officers too. Someone please invite Billen. Good luck and hopefully I'll be able to play again soon.

patsu

JardeL said:
Sorry for yesterday Click, I was messing with PC, couldn't see your invite in time.

Looks nobody except you & me plays regularly. If this keeps going I'll vet & choose SVER or Valor.

Wut ! I play almost every weekday but I'm still in the old GAF Raven clan. :lol

DoomGyver

I'm going to play for the first time tonight, probably towards 12am EST. So if I could get a raven? clan invite that would be awesome.*

* realizes you probably can't invite me until I log into the servers

Or should I join sver?

Bread

Banned
I just bought the starter pack, so I'm up to play with anyone, I'm SVER, but I'll make a new Raven character if a lot more people are playing on that.

psn - DCot13

dorkimoe

i just noticed i think im the leader in the original GAF SVER clan (because everyone else switched around i think). if you want invited pm me and ill send you a clan invite

i still need to buy the DLC.

Top Bottom