• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man collects 1 Million pennies on a bet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

Awesome. I can't even imagine that this would be that difficult to do. Think of all the pennies you come across every day.

they may be ass pennies though

Mashing

sweet jesus, $10,000 in pennies... if he had the same amount of:

knickles - $50,000
dimes - $100,000
quarters - $250,000

Holy shit... I guess I better stop throwing away my pennies

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
The funny part is that he is having a hell of a time cashing it in....I'd go to like every coinstar I could find!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
but he doesn't want to pay for the transaction...

I think his bank made a mistake, they could have gotten a lot of publicity out of the event.

Mr Pockets said:
The funny part is that he is having a hell of a time cashing it in....I'd go to like every coinstar I could find!

He'd lose like 7%, which is a small inconvenience if you ask me. I'd have his brother help him wrap up those pennies in a penny wrapper, hehe. Imagine taking all that to the bank...

Desperado: well, it would depend on the plane flight cost and where they're from, and dinner could be McDonald's. I doubt it, but if there was no stipulations, I would mess with my sibling like that... and then take them to a real place for dinner.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Who counted all the pennies? Surely, his brother must've wanted to be really sure about it being no less than 1 million.

levious

WasabiKing said:
He'd lose like 7%, which is a small inconvenience if you ask me. I'd have his brother help him wrap up those pennies in a penny wrapper, hehe. Imagine taking all that to the bank...

His bank wouldn't take the deposit without a fee.. and another offered to allow him monthly $200 deposits.

WasabiKing said:
Desperado: well, it would depend on the plane flight cost and where they're from, and dinner could be McDonald's. I doubt it, but if there was no stipulations, I would mess with my sibling like that... and then take them to a real place for dinner.

I'd take him to Paris, Texas.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Wow, if he shoved each and every one of those pennies up his ass and cashed them in at the bank, he could conquer the WORLD!

levious

good question... I always assumed that if you had an account and rolled and labeled each roll with your account number written on each roll then it'd be no problem. I know there's rules about large cash deposits in general, but this seems like they refused it due to the volume of it alone. Almost makes me want to actually read my account documentation.

Stele

Holds a little red book
He could sell it to a copper company and have them melt it down, though pennies have zinc plating.

lol...he could have potentially made more than $10,000 if pennies were still pure copper.

Calyon predicts copper will average $2,750 a ton over the first half of 2004, and $2,200 a ton over the second half. On Wednesday afternoon the metal was priced at $2,811 a ton. Copper reached an eight-and-half-year high on March 1, of $3,030 per ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom