• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man freed from Taliban thought captors joking about Trump being president

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...aliban-i-thought-my-captors-were-kidding-when

A Canadian man who was recently freed after being held in Afghanistan by Taliban-tied kidnappers for five years said he thought his captors were joking when they told him Donald Trump was president.

Joshua Boyle told The Toronto Star that one of the captors said Trump was elected president before he was forced to film a “proof-of-life” video.

“It didn’t enter my mind that he was being serious,” Boyle said.

The Boyles were kidnapped in 2012 and were held for five years before being rescued by Pakistani forces last week.

Boyle’s family — his American wife Caitlan Coleman and their three young children, who were all born in captivity — were rescued after U.S. intelligence directed Pakistani authorities to the family's location.

The family was in the trunk of a car when their kidnappers were caught in a shootout with Pakistani forces. The captors were all killed during the rescue.

zeemumu

giphy.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Imagine coming home after that indescribable nightmare to Donald Trump as President of the United States. What is life.

Edit: I'm a dumb ass

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That silly goober probably thought he was returning to a better world.

[edit]

He did get Justin Trudeau, though, so it ain't all bad.

At least Canada has a decent current leader.

Yeah, finding out Harper is finally gone is at least a decent consolation prize.

Unless he's Albertan.

Being real though, everything about what happened to this guy and his family is pretty fucked up so I'm glad they're safe now.

Ketch

This part is the craziest to me:
Boyle's family — his American wife Caitlan Coleman and their three young children, who were all born in captivity — were rescued after U.S. intelligence directed Pakistani authorities to the family's location.

The family was in the trunk of a car when their kidnappers were caught in a shootout with Pakistani forces. The captors were all killed during the rescue

Like what how? How do you fit all those people in a trunk? How do you give birth 3 times while being held hostage by the taliban? I hope everybody is okay, physically and mentally.... I mean that's just fucked up.

I could be wrong, but I heard the wife was raped.

Yeah, this shit's fucking tragic. They killed his fucking daughter, and people here are honing in on the Trump thing?

Oh man, that's way worse then I even thought. super sad story.

I really hope that the implication of this isn't the case.

Unfortunately, it appears to be the case.

Oh no... that's horrible.

I read it up to confirm, and some vile shit happened. There were references in the videos of Boyle saying that his kids watched their mother get raped multiple times. And there was at least 1 child killed (another was an abortion).

Fucking disgusting scums.

Man's wife raped repeatedly for 5 years and his daughter murdered....a thread is made a out his views on Trump being President.

Just nuts this place sometimes.

My thoughts are with his family.

Ketch

I read it up to confirm, and some vile shit happened. There were references in the videos of Boyle saying that his kids watched their mother get raped multiple times. And there was at least 1 child killed (another was an abortion).

man. that's super fucked up.

Holy shit. So what, she was pregnant with the oldest of their three kids when they were kidnapped, and then while in captivity over the next five years she had four more pregnancies (two more kids who emerged alive since the article said there were three, plus one who didn't as you say, and an abortion), some of those pregnancies through rape?

vypek

Man's wife raped repeatedly for 5 years and his daughter murdered....a thread is made a out his views on Trump being President.

Just nuts this place sometimes.

My thoughts are with his family.

Its an incredibly tragic and horrible situation that family went through. I read the story on a news site a couple days ago. I assumed there was a normal thread about this. Its crazy to me that a story and thread would come out of something like his views on a US president

If I was shut off from the rest of the world for 5+ years and then was told Donald Trump became President of the United States I would think you would be joking too. Still what happened to him and his family during their capture was brutal.

RMI

Banned
Yeah, this shit's fucking tragic. They killed his fucking daughter, and people here are honing in on the Trump thing?

It's tragic but that's literally the headline and I don't see any of the details about the children in OP's link.

It's tragic but that's literally the headline and I don't see any of the details about the children in OP's link.

It still says that a family was captured by the Taliban for 5 years. I think the topic deserves a little more respect that making the headline "this guy thought it was ridiculous that Trump is president!", even when considering that that's the headline of the actual article.

I just think this is tasteless all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom