• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man freed from Taliban thought captors joking about Trump being president

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still says that a family was captured by the Taliban for 5 years. I think the topic deserves a little more respect that making the headline "this guy thought it was ridiculous that Trump is president!", even when considering that that's the headline of the actual article.

I just think this is tasteless all around.

The article is tasteless. It's short and doesn't mentioned what happened to them. Just the Trump thing... to get clicks. Ugh.

Dude Abides

Banned
It still says that a family was captured by the Taliban for 5 years. I think the topic deserves a little more respect that making the headline "this guy thought it was ridiculous that Trump is president!", even when considering that that's the headline of the actual article.

I just think this is tasteless all around.

Their release is kinda old news and Trump took credit for it.

strafer

The kids look like they're his, so... yeah. At least there's that.

boyle-coleman-kids.jpg.size-custom-crop.1086x0.jpg

God those poor kids. :(

How the hell do you tell those kids what happened.

God those poor kids. :(

How the hell do you tell those kids what happened.

Oldest is 4 I think I read. Young enough. They'll need therapy, but they've got a good shot at coming out of this relatively unscathed, I think.

The mother on the other hand... Forceful abortions, losing a daughter, constant rape. I mean, the father's probably doing poorly as well of course, but the mother...

i-Lo

Oldest is 4 I think I read. Young enough. They'll need therapy, but they've got a good shot at coming out of this relatively unscathed, I think.

The mother on the other hand... Forceful abortions, losing a daughter, constant rape. I mean, the father's probably doing poorly as well of course, but the mother...

This. This. This.

Holy fuck.

zeemumu

Jesus, I don't think I'd ever recover for that. I'd just be filled with seething hate all the time.

And yeah, after hearing the rest of the story this article title doesn't really do the story justice.

How was it that they ended up captured? Did they travel over there willingly as a vacation or something? Not victim blaming here, just trying to make sense how a Canadian family ended up like that.

Futureman

Agreed. I'm all for shitting on Trump but the important thing here is that this family lived literal hell in captivity, not who they thought the current president was. Kinda tasteless that the news is the latter IMO.

I mean the general news story about this has already been reported on last week. It's not like this is breaking news "Man didn't know Trump was President while being held captive by Taliban!" and then buried at the bottom of the article "Oh yea he was kidnapped along with his family and treated like crap..."

dallow_bg

nods at old men
There were plenty of articles online, and stories on the news about their capture and recent freedom. If you missed those it's understandable, as news moves fast.

This is just an article on little details learned since then.

Cake Boss

Banned
The mom was 5 months pregnant with their first child when they went on their backpacking trip in central Asia in October 2012. They had 3 kids subsequently, they had a girl who the captive claims was killed by their captures, the Taliban responded this weekend saying that his wife had a miscarriage.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Ok yes the headline is funny because obviously no reasonable human would believe America would elect a flaming bag of dog shit for president but let's just not, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom