• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Problem Kazoku 01-04

gshbPPi.jpg

The story of a girl trying to have a normal family life expect one problem. Her dad married a doll.

It's weird how this is amusing. Like it shouldn't be amusing. But we're rooting for you to have a normal family life!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Have they reached the basement yet?

kinda

Honestly, the idea that the basement has taken some exceedingly long amount of time to reach is kind of off if you ask me. It's taken a while I guess, but it doesn't really seem like they were putting it off, they just literally couldn't drop everything and go there.

soooon

Probably being produced outside the walls

I just mean that the one they had is basically a Chekov's Gun. Someone gotta down it and gain Titan Powers.

kinda

Honestly, the idea that the basement has taken some exceedingly long amount of time to reach is kind of off if you ask me. It's taken a while I guess, but it doesn't really seem like they were putting it off, they just literally couldn't drop everything and go there.

Interesting. I stopped following Attack on Titan closely about 15 chapters ago because it started to lose a ton of steam, but if we're close to the basement now I might give the latest chapters a quick read.

Revo

Alice in Borderland 31

Looks like it's time for part 2
also dealers seemed to be given the short end of the stick, like probably no way they win with this many games going

Attack on Titan 74

Drinking Tea? and it smelled good? Those BASTARDS
Yoooo though when Reiner came out and Levi went in instantly.... chills. Also Monkey Titan should join the Olympics with that boulder throw and his finesse

Umibozu

Ana Satsujin 87-88
Man it's so predictable that he would become a serial killer, this series is starting to outstay its welcome.
I was hoping she would try to kill him, but knew that with the direction it seem to be taking he'd try to kill her. The only twist really was that the one she wanted him to kill was her.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on Titan 74

Drinking Tea? and it smelled good? Those BASTARDS
Yoooo though when Reiner came out and Levi went in instantly.... chills. Also Monkey Titan should join the Olympics with that boulder throw and his finesse

It was something black, that was sort of like tea. I'm guessing that means its coffee (which would be unknown to the people in the walls).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Soma 138

I really want to see what Azami's plan is and why is Erina so important for it. Is he trying to turn all of them into Erina?

Les Enfant Terribles, Genome chefs.

Shokugeki no Soma 138

Thanks for the fanservice. Shame Alice and co need to leave PSD.

How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword vol.2 ch.18
It liveeeeeee!
Baki trying his best to help Slambo is so sweet.

Sesuji wo pin 21

Great job for both of them. Really hoping this series can keep on going (though i doubt it reach more than 20 vol. 10 vol max for this type of manga, unless they introduce something insane)

Sekai Maou 23

Yes, moe dragon girl please

Jitsu wa watashi wa 85

LMAO dad. He almost got Gordon Freeman'd by his wife.

Fire Brigade of Flames 002

Man Second Class Fire users seem way more bad-ass then 3rd Class... very interesting
Love how they are already alluding to a tournament. Hey let's have these brahs that could be helping the innocent enter a fighting tournament for rookies instead! It's WSM, so it's only a matter of time before it takes it rightful place as a sports manga.

Love how they are already alluding to a tournament. Hey let's have these brahs that could be helping the innocent enter a fighting tournament for rookies instead! It's WSM, so it's only a matter of time before it takes it rightful place as a sports manga.

seems like all new action series will have a tournament in the beginning of the series

lots of inspiration from the Hunter Exams and Heavens Arena

yes Kishi even your Chunin stuff too

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hideout - fin.

A married couple trying to save their marriage take a vacation out on an island where things turn sour pretty quickly.

Well, this goes places that aren't exactly hard to see coming, but at only nine short-ish chapters there was only so much room to set everything up. Hideout's artwork is great though. Some wonderful atmosphere, a few cool claustrophobic parts, and the occasional full panel knockout shots, like the one in quotes. Not a classic by any means, but it's paced decently, and the art goes a long way.

Interesting. I stopped following Attack on Titan closely about 15 chapters ago because it started to lose a ton of steam, but if we're close to the basement now I might give the latest chapters a quick read.

Hah. Don't believe his lies.jpg

They are still in situation where they may have to retreat and forget the basement, as it happened before.

kinda

I just mean that the one they had is basically a Chekov's Gun. Someone gotta down it and gain Titan Powers.

I thought Erwin's line about "they're not the only ones who have something to hide" was expressly talking about that. Perhaps Erwin himself took it because he's useless in a fight with only one arm.

Attack on Titan 74

Hard to imagine this isn't the final battle of the series unless the scale of the story is going to get a lot bigger then the walls in a few chapters.

Zweizer

Banned
Akagi ch262

Hot damn, these hands are insane. I wouldn't be surprised if Akagi's hand were to become entirely green, either.

Grexeno

Every fight this Bleach arc I say to myself "This is it. This is the most Bleach fight of all time."

And then the next fight comes along and it's even Bleach-ier.

Usobuko

Banned
Hideout - fin.

Well, this goes places that aren't exactly hard to see coming, but at only nine short-ish chapters there was only so much room to set everything up. Hideout's artwork is great though. Some wonderful atmosphere, a few cool claustrophobic parts, and the occasional full panel knockout shots, like the one in quotes. Not a classic by any means, but it's paced decently, and the art goes a long way.

concur, it's unfortunate that art is the only traits that drew me to this author.

Angry Grimace

Doubt this is the last battle. There will be an outside the walls arc.

We have no information on the evil Titan community, so yeah, this isn't the last battle. There's also no reason to believe that Grisha's basement actually has something that would help them win this fight to begin with.

But yeah, if they had a Titan Shifting serum available, it was foolhardy to leave without having another person master it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom