• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand why Haikyuu is part of the International roster. It's not even like there's another sports manga it would be competing against.

isn't you mean

Haikyuu just gets shafted in the states

from no manga series to basic anime releases

while other countries (hi france) gets amazing releases

poor thing

upandaway

It does feel like they're hovering around their limit right now with the amount of series they can have vs the money they make.

Just open the dang IP blocks and everything will be solved

Sports series traditionally sell horribly in the states from what I've heard

kinda hard to say when not many sports series have been released in the west

but even viz released all of eyeshield 21, slam dunk and prince of tennis so its not like they done poorly enough to get axed midway

if anything Haikyuu would have been a good new series for them to release, considering it was still pretty new, didn't have 30 volumes already out and had an anime starting to air

~_~

Arabesque

Clothes exploding is okay, Bitch-sensei is not.

Is Bitch-sensei really the most worrying thing about Assassination Classroom being in a US-based Digital magazine?

Sports series traditionally sell horribly in the states from what I've heard

That's the conventional wisdom yes. But from recent cons and events, publishers are trying to elaborate on it saying that it doesn't sell horribly as much as it under preforms.

kinda hard to say when not many sports series have been released in the west

but even viz released all of eyeshield 21, slam dunk and prince of tennis so its not like they done poorly enough to get axed midway

if anything Haikyuu would have been a good new series for them to release, considering it was still pretty new, didn't have 30 volumes already out and had an anime starting to air

~_~

Thing is, Slam Dunk, Eyeshild 21 and Prince of Tennis did well enough to continue releasing them to the end, but not enough to justify picking up more sport based series.

Cross Game was their most proflic attempt, and that apparently ended not being that great in terms of sales despite all the hype around it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well apparently it was at the time they decided not to include it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is Bitch-sensei really the most worrying thing about Assassination Classroom being in a US-based Digital magazine?

It's more likely the concept of trying to kill your teacher with guns and knives. Let's not forget what just happened last week.

Also, they call her "Miss Vitch" in the volume releases. Completely destroying the joke.

It's more likely the concept of trying to kill your teacher with guns and knives. Let's not forget what just happened last week.

Also, they call her "Miss Vitch" in the volume releases. Completely destroying the joke.

Meanwhile Funi's fub keeps it bitch-sensei. Scumbag viz

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wish they had left the hearts in around Erina's eyes to troll.

jbug617

Banned
Soma 138

I really want to see what Azami's plan is and why is Erina so important for it. Is he trying to turn all of them into Erina?

I think Soma benefits from not being explicitly about a sport, since a lot of US fans are the nerdy type who aren't interested in sports, so they write off sport manga

Because yeah, Soma follows a lot of sport manga conventions

Angry Grimace

Soma 138

I really want to see what Azami's plan is and why is Erina so important for it. Is he trying to turn all of them into Erina?

They have not done a great job explaining exactly why Azami is supposed to be such a huge dick, really. Other than food-abusing Erina, of course.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's probably going to be like Hells Kitchen except with an oujo shouting at you instead of Ramsey and... wait.

That's exactly what Tootsuki Academy is!

Omg Cuticle Detective Inaba is coming to CR manga. https://twitter.com/Kami_nomi/status/652260087306846212
CQ1LFqvUAAAkfzM.jpg:large

Angry Grimace

I mean child abuse is way worse than anything else he'll do, guaranteed

I guess we don't really know anything about his actual food philosophy beyond throwing away food that isn't perfect, which is completely random since I doubt he is capable of producing such food.

Erina missed out on all the good parts of PDS though, e.g. the liquor-fueled frat parties, Naked Apron-senpai in Naked Apron mode, Tadokoro making moon eyes at Soma, etc.

kewlmyc

Seriously? That ruins her whole love-hate relationship with the students.

Zephyx

Soma 138

I think Azami's planning to only accept students who can satisfy him (with Erina as his taste tester). Or it can be something like "you fail once, you get expelled" as he is all about perfection in cooking. Still, Erina at Polar Star can lead to a lot of side stories and gives her more room to develop as a character.

you know what would be even more catastrophic for some people on MangaGAF

if Soma gains feelings while Erina still is oblivious

LOL, I can imagine this happening.

Soma 138

Fuck yes. Jealous Erina is the best. Arato is slowly getting Megumi-tier. Loved Erina's face when they mentioned playing cards.

So there's no way Eren can fight the Armored Titan, Ape Titan and Colossal (he's somewhere around here I would bet) at the same time. Levi is good enough to at least fight with Annie, so him + Mikasa might do something?

Kind of interested how this will go down

Hunter x Hunter 250-270 Regicide Attempt

This is absolutely fascinating. Having read YYH and so many freaking chapters of HxH, i'd figured that the author's style was set in stone.

Then he goes and subverts it near completely, excising almost every single thing i'd complained about in one fell swoop. The greater action scene is supremely well done, with a very well thought out change to a narrative structure.

Quite wonderful, running into a genuine surprise like this.
-
And saw the hiatus warning at the end of 270. Hahahaha, gods, what a dick move.

Angry Grimace

So there's no way Eren can fight the Armored Titan, Ape Titan and Colossal (he's somewhere around here I would bet) at the same time. Levi is good enough to at least fight with Annie, so him + Mikasa might do something?

Kind of interested how this will go down

I can't be the only one who finds the overall plot kind of hard to follow lol

Whatever happened to the spare Titan Shifting Serum they found

Angry Grimace

Well, Grisha made that and he is dead now. I don't know if there was anything implied beyond that.

Well I mean, they had another one that the Dad tried to give to Historia, and then Levi took it and it was never mentioned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom