• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Koe No Katachi anime by Kyoto Animation?
I have good expectations for this.

It's a manga everyone should read, not for it's heartbreaking story about the bullying of a deaf girl, but for the "What if DIO was a Japanese highschool girl" storyline.

fCdq00C.jpg

Koe No Katachi anime by Kyoto Animation?
I have good expectations for this.

It's a manga everyone should read, not for it's heartbreaking story about the bullying of a deaf girl, but for the "What if DIO was a Japanese highschool girl" storyline.

fCdq00C.jpg

A good story with a terrible ending? Sounds like most anime adaptations.

Considering Zeref is leading this force himself and Acnologia is also headed there if this isn't the finale it'll take some amazing bs or a "whole new world with a brand new villain" to keep this going

There's still God.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
wait did I really hear there is going to be a KyoAni Koe no Katachi anime

I'm still pissed at the ending.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All I asked was that they fall in love and have a million babies was that so much to ask

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Mizutama Puzzle 1-end

This guy was such a fucking stalker (and even more creepy with the "girls my age are so frivolous and childish"), how the fuck do you go for him? This lady is crazy and probably desperate.

edit: yeah, Koe no Katachi's ending was too lukewarm for my tastes. I would have also liked a babies ever after ending.

Ross61

I have already read Hiatus x Hiatus,Blame, Lone Wolf and Cub,reading Eden and Vagabond. Thanks tho. I want more along the lines of an actual good romance/drama, mystery, adventure, sci-fi, comedy,historical, or mecha.

Zweizer

Banned
I have already read Hiatus x Hiatus,Blame, Lone Wolf and Cub,reading Eden and Vagabond. Thanks tho. I want more along the lines of an actual good romance/drama, mystery, adventure, sci-fi, comedy,historical, or mecha.

My recommendations still stand~

Though you can add Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Saturn Apartments to the list.

upandaway

Yeah plenty of those in the other suggestions, you've got a good time ahead

If you want to narrow it down further just say the word

Angry Grimace

I honestly blocked the ending from my mind, the only thing I remember of it was that I didn't like it.

I'd still recommend reading it for the rest of the story.

All I asked for was babies and weddings and the author couldn't even deliver on that

Umibozu

I need some recommendations for new manga to read. Now, typically I love Battle shounen and I currently read or have read :Naruto, (finished), Bleach(cancelled), One Piece(on hold to get caught up), both Breaker, Ares, Tower of God, Attack On Titan,Noblessee,One Punch Man, All Rounder Meguru,The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer(and the author's other manga), My Hero Academia, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dorohedoro, Murcielago, Holy Land, Kingdom, Magi,Atack On Titan, Tokyo Ghoul/Re, Feng Shem Ji, Vinland Saga, Berserk, Veritas, Battle through the Heavens, Shoukoku No Altair, Toriko and Assassination Classroom. Now I'm just trying to expand my taste. I have enjoyed the animes of Monster and GTO so I know I like different genres other than action.So I just need new or old mangas that you guys think are superb and make you appreciate manga. Please no smut manga because that's not really what I'm interested in.
Family Compo - Tsukasa Hojo
01 - Hiroya Oku
Is Reiroukan Still Alive? - Akihito Tomi

edit: 01 got cancelled so there really isn't a conclusion for it

Umibozu

Kiss My Ass 11
That was a crazy rejection, can't help but feel bad for her.
I don't know how she's supposed to recover from that.

edit:eek:k, the sreies is cancelled so she probably won't

Fruits Basket Another 01-04

super self loathing girl gets a chance to change herself when she joins the student council

generic setting and the super short chapters aren't giving a favorable impression but its fruits basket so it has to be good by the end

also super interested in seeing how this relates to the main story, like super interested

Negima ~252

That fight between Negi and Rakan was incredible, also the origin of the infamous "wtf happened" genre shift image. Also yuri end confirmed for sword girl and healer girl is something I hoped would happen glad to see the series actually delivered.

Arabesque

Negima ~252

That fight between Negi and Rakan was incredible, also the origin of the infamous "wtf happened" genre shift image. Also yuri end confirmed for sword girl and healer girl is something I hoped would happen glad to see the series actually delivered.

Now that you are at this point, what did you think about Ako's story?

Negi v Rakan definitely marked the transition into the type of manga Akamatsu wanted to draw originally (hell, Negi being Nagi for the duration of the fight should give you an idea about who he wanted the story to be about at first) and also the point where some people jumped ship when they realised it was going to be an action manga for the most part now.

Setsuna and Konoka's relationship had always been something intreasting to see unfold, since Akamatsu has a knack to give his Motoko expy' a lot of grief (see Motoko herself and nowadays Koroumaru) because they belong to the world's most backwards swordsmanship school. Seriously, that place puts weird ideas into its student's heads. It's good that she ended up getting closer romantically to Konoka and forming a friendship with Negi and especially Asuna, I really liked where the story went with her.

I have more to say about it, but like with Negi's likely love candidates, I'll wait till you get to that part.

Now that you are at this point, what did you think about Ako's story?

Negi v Rakan definitely marked the transition into the type of manga Akamatsu wanted to draw originally (hell, Negi being Nagi for the duration of the fight should give you an idea about who he wanted the story to be about at first) and also the point where some people jumped ship when they realised it was going to be an action manga for the most part now.

Setsuna and Konoka's relationship had always been something intreasting to see unfold, since Akamatsu has a knack to give his Motoko expy' a lot of grief (see Motoko herself and nowadays Koroumaru) because they belong to the world's most backwards swordsmanship school. Seriously, that place puts weird ideas into its student's heads. It's good that she ended up getting closer romantically to Konoka and forming a friendship with Negi and especially Asuna, I really liked where the story went with her.

I have more to say about it, but like with Negi's likely love candidates, I'll wait till you get to that part.

Right now the president of the one nation asked Negi who his real foe is, the person who destroyed his village in the past, the person is trying to destroy the magic world in the present, or the person in the future who'll go after nagi. The remaining non pactio girls are trying to man up to kiss Negi, and fake Asuna is starting to fall for Negi and lose sight of who she really is.

Arabesque

I see Ako left such a weak impression on you then :p

Right now the president of the one nation asked Negi who his real foe is, the person who destroyed his village in the past, the person is trying to destroy the magic world in the present, or the person in the future who'll go after nagi.

Ah right, Godel. Yeah he's something of a shit head when he's first introduced but he has his reasons for trying to do the stuff he does.

Still something of a fascist. Also
likes marrying women half his age.

The remaining non pactio girls are trying to man up to kiss Negi, and fake Asuna is starting to fall for Negi and lose sight of who she really is.

Try and guess how long Asuna will be gone from the story while Luna takes her place.

I see Ako left such a weak impression on you then :p

Ah right, Godel. Yeah he's something of a shit head when he's first introduced but he has his reasons for trying to do the stuff he does.

Still something of a fascist. Also
likes marrying women half his age.

Try and guess how long Asuna will be gone from the story while Luna takes her place.

Well Ako is only a side character :p, her story arc was frustrating almost as annoying as the girl who wants to fuck her dad. The stuff with the scar on her back felt forced and I keep expecting it to have SOME kind of pay off. The only time I really liked her was when she told Nagi Negi not to lose... But I feel Chisame really should have had that scene with how this arc has build her up and how close she's gotten to Negi.

And based upon your comment I guess Asuna won't be rescued till end game of this being action shonen due to how op her ability is. Story making her a damsel in distress for Negi and co to save.

Furyous

Relife 93

I'm literally here for the reaction shots. Seriously, this author's reaction shots are the best in manga this year. Kariu's face when Ohga asks her who that was is priceless.

Arabesque

Well Ako is only a side character :p,

A side character that had volumes of focus, and started to eat into the rest of the casts time.

Needless to say, Ako is without a doubt Akamatsu's weakest storyline in the entire series. That why I was interested in hearing what you thought about her being such a huge focus despite her story going nowhere in the end.

Seems your also of the opinion that it was a giant waste of time too.

her story arc was frustrating almost as annoying as the girl who wants to fuck her dad. The stuff with the scar on her back felt forced and I keep expecting it to have SOME kind of pay off. The only time I really liked her was when she told Nagi Negi not to lose... But I feel Chisame really should have had that scene with how this arc has build her up and how close she's gotten to Negi.

Chisame, Chachamaru, Nodoka, and even Fake!Asuna (Shirou/Luna) having said that would've given the moment 1000% more impact than Ako had. I still don't know where Akamatsu wanted to do with Ako in the end.

And oh lord the scar, that bloody fucking scar. Without a doubt, everyone expected Ako's story to end up with some sort of pay off that never came leading to "what the hell was the point of all of that!?".

And based upon your comment I guess Asuna won't be rescued till end game of this being action shonen due to how op her ability is. Story making her a damsel in distress for Negi and co to save.

Calling what Asuna became a damsel in distress is pushin it I believe.

She ends up becoming the Mcguffin of the manga.

As for OP, sure, I do think that might have been the reason Akamatsu wanted her out of he story for a while. Nodoka is also pretty OP with her mind reading (in fact, Yue and Chisame aside, Nodoka is the girl with the highest moments of badass moments in this arc) but you could see her putting her neck on the line several time and nearly got petrified by Fate trying to get all that info. With Asuna, there's no danger from a Magic user because 9/10 times, Asuna would win.

He could've thought of a way to not completely write her out of the story though.

Usobuko

Banned

It sounds more you like just want good manga you haven't read. Anyway, give these currently ongoing comedy trio a shot.

Dungeon Meshi
Hinamatsuri
Mob Psycho 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom