• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

i wanna read something with a female protag that isn't that butt sport manga you recommended me last time zwei

hot tips appreciated

Zweizer

Banned
i wanna read something with a female protag that isn't that butt sport manga you recommended me last time zwei

hot tips appreciated

Aww.

Have you read Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! yet? It's the current hot thing.

You can also read Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction, Nomi Joshi and Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na! - Oyako Heroine Funtousu.

phaze

Marika&Raku will get married, he will move on to Chitoge afters she dies in a few months. Voila.

Tower of God 251

Huh, the battle time came pretty quickly, I thought there would be another few chapters covering the period leading to it. And after 250 chapters, they Yuri and Bam meet again. I hope Yuri will greet him the same way too, with a a boot planted in his face.

Zweizer

Banned
Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch57

She's got a tough time ahead.

MmyHjoV.png

C'mon dude, it totally is.

dani_dc

I'm actually excited for the next chapter just to see how Komi will get out of this situation.

Hopefully without a Talk no Jitsu.

Lain

hot tips appreciated

Hito Hitori Futari

She's not the sole protagonist, as she shares the spot with the prime minister as well, but still...

Any of the Skyhigh.

Negima ~263

Negi just proved a robot has a soul, among all the pactios in the series this one is probably the most powerful one of the bunch. Also glad to see Natsumi and dog boy make a pactio. I guess Negi won't be making a pactio with all 30/31 students though as I can't see Natsumi double dipping like Setsuna did.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

hot tips appreciated
Everyone else has pretty much got you covered, but if you want a "villainous" female protagonist in a trading card game setting, try Wizard's Soul ~ Holy War of Love ~. It's by the Bonnouji mangaka.

Akagami no Shirayukihime (I only watched the anime but sauce-man read the manga, we both loved it)
Yeah, I've read it and I'd recommend it. The atmosphere is really relaxing, and Shirayuki is super determined in whatever she does, which is nice. If you want to read a good oneshot from the same mangaka, try Vahlia no Hanamuko.

High Speed! 4
CRIHYNoWcAABvf_.png

Best Rin. The scene immediately following where Nagisa called him RinRin is one of the funniest thing in the Free!verse (well nothing beats when Nagisa scared Rei in class and started laughing)

Arabesque

Negima ~263

Negi just proved a robot has a soul, among all the pactios in the series this one is probably the most powerful one of the bunch. Also glad to see Natsumi and dog boy make a pactio. I guess Negi won't be making a pactio with all 30/31 students though as I can't see Natsumi double dipping like Setsuna did.

Chachamaru's really fun to see how more and more human like she becomes over the course of the manga to the point where she is a major player in things to come. Her Artifact is very powerful which makes sense given Chao designed it in the future but I'd say it's one of the ones with the greatest destructive power. The strongest still has to be Nodoka's (or the most useful).

The Negi making pactio's with the 31 students was something Ken originally planned for one the endings for manga (and you could see a version of it in the Negima movie in the form of the B-Ending) but dropped it when the story became to big to allow for the students to come back into it again.

The pactio cards exist however, and you could read all their special properties and what they do so Ken had already designed them just in case he needed to use them. If you get the Japanese final volume you could get the signed versions by the seiyuu's as well.

As for Natsume double dipping, it's unlikely since she's now no longer a love interest for Negi (or rather, had never been one) like Setsuna is for both Negi and Konoka.

Revo

Tower of God s2ch171

fairly surprised we're already at the finals, thought we'd have at least another chapter
but woo yuri seeing baam

US Shonen Jump 10/12/15

My Hero Academia 62

I kind of hope we see either a bit more of how Bakugo and Midorya found some kind of awkward truce. Bakugo has the most potential to have an interesting character arc but his brash nature continues to be the worst part of the series. Seeing Midorya smack him this week was very satisfying.

One Piece 803

Based Goda introducing a ninja, even Law is excited. The state of the rest of the world is pretty cool glad to catch up with other major movers and shakers.

Shokugeki no Soma 138

Erina slowly awakening to those jelly tsundere feeling she has for Soma is very entertaining if only because I know so much salt will be had in this thread. Disappointed we didn't get to hear exactly what Azami's plan is going to be until next week as I'm more interested in that then the drama around Erina.

Bleach 646

Zzz ugh get back to whatever Ichigo is doing, or Aizen, or Grimjoww

World Trigger 118

Chika getting special training to be more useful in combat is far more interedting then watching Osuma fail at everything as usual. I have faith in Chika getting better and being useful to the team.

Nisekoi 189

I like how the groom has no face, not really sure how Raku plans to save the day here though I have a really hard time seeing Marika get married to faceless dude even if he ends up beint mister nice guy.

Toriko 342

Hard to keep caring about this knowing its so clearly been shit canned and being rushed to a climax.

Black Clover 33

Cutting himself to stop the curse is both crazy and brilliant Asta gets mad props for doing that. Doubt Asta will be able to do much unless his :dtl brother shows up to help.

Karakuri One Shot

This was okay for a one shot, action at the end was really messy though, I can see why the author went away from this and focused on Naruto instead.

Negima ~265

Watching Negi punch that guy in the face was super satisfying, but seeing Chisame be the ultimate one to talk Negi off the ledge really kind of sky rockets her towards being the lead in terms of winning this harem game followed closely by Nodoka and every other girl is irrelevant.

Negima ~283

The below is my speculation of whats happening

So for whatever reason they continue to not reveal it to the audience, but its very obvious the magic world is truly some kind of illusion reality likely created by a group of mages in the past that they fled to from Earth to avoid persecution/the need to live in hiding. This ties into Chao's plan that if magic is proven real to the human world then all the people from the dying fake world can come live in the real human world, in addition it seems like the goal of fate and his team is to make all the fake people living at the expense of all the real people? Fate's role in all of this is the hardest to figure out.

However this all plays out Negima is truly a fantastic series, even proving the fake Asuna was fake was fairly brilliant.

Edit: 2 chapters late Fate basically explained it, I guess he plans to save the world by sealing it away? So he wants the magic world to be self sustaining?

Arabesque

You seem to be enjoying the series a lot if you made it this far so fast.

Thoughts on Nodoka v Dynamis? And obviously Rakan v Fate.

Negima ~283

The below is my speculation of whats happening

So for whatever reason they continue to not reveal it to the audience, but its very obvious the magic world is truly some kind of illusion reality likely created by a group of mages in the past that they fled to from Earth to avoid persecution/the need to live in hiding. This ties into Chao's plan that if magic is proven real to the human world then all the people from the dying fake world can come live in the real human world, in addition it seems like the goal of fate and his team is to make all the fake people living at the expense of all the real people? Fate's role in all of this is the hardest to figure out.

You are more or less right on the mark (as you found out 2 chapters later) but there are a few things you'll figure out as you progress into the series and when it concludes (in particular why Chao wanted the world to know of magic) and the nature of those Fake people (hey aren't fake as much as being made of a different matter compared to people from Earth).

However this all plays out Negima is truly a fantastic series, even proving the fake Asuna was fake was fairly brilliant.

Ah yes.

What do you think of Shiori/Luna falling in love with Negi? I really liked how that reveal played out and that Negi and his close associates knew it was the fake Asuna for a while now, but waited until they were certain to make their move.

Edit: 2 chapters late Fate basically explained it, I guess he plans to save the world by sealing it away? So he wants the magic world to be self sustaining?

once you get to the climax of this arc, you'll get what Fate wants and what he is actually doing dont match up perfectly.

You seem to be enjoying the series a lot if you made it this far so fast.

Thoughts on Nodoka v Dynamis? And obviously Rakan v Fate.

You are more or less right on the mark (as you found out 2 chapters later) but there are a few things you'll figure out as you progress into the series and when it concludes (in particular why Chao wanted the world to know of magic) and the nature of those Fake people (hey aren't fake as much as being made of a different matter compared to people from Earth).

Ah yes.

What do you think of Shiori/Luna falling in love with Negi? I really liked how that reveal played out and that Negi and his close associates knew it was the fake Asuna for a while now, but waited until they were certain to make their move.

once you get to the climax of this arc, you'll get what Fate wants and what he is actually doing dont match up perfectly.

Both of those fights were excellent, though due to Rakan's status as an illusion person he gets robbed by Fate. Nodoka was pure bamf when she took on Dynamis and continues to cement my feeling either her or Chisame will win if they ever officially confirm a "win" girl... Though at the same time its hard not to draw a parallel between Nagi and the queen of calamity and Negi and the princess of twilight so I can't fully count out Asuna even if she's more a big sister type.

And Luna falling for Negi makes a lot of sense based upon her situation, at the same time she probably has no idea what its like to have a will or personality of her own. It'd be fun to see that developed though I imagine we won't have time for that to happen before the series ends.

Lately I've been in a manga devouring mood, in the past few weeks I've marathoned

Blue Exorcist
Assassination Classroom
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Seraph of the End
One Punch Man

And now Negima, Negima is easily the best/my favorite of the bunch with probably OPM being the series I really don't care for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom