• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Nisekoi

This arc certainly dragged quite a bit but I still prefer it over the aimless padding that was the modus operandi of this manga for a long time. Decent ending, well as far as anything Nisekoi could be decent. I'm not sure Tsugumi even warrants a separate arc for killing her off so let's all #PrayforOnodera.

Nisekoi 194

When the cop dad was giving that lecture to his wife to be free I was expecting her to laugh and say "Your right.... I want a divorce"

anyway then there was two.....
Onodera should've got kicked out before her though :/

Shouta

Prison School 197

Gakuto taking one for the team again. Have a feeling the Wet T-Shirt Contest is going to be a major disappointment in the end lol.

It'll be a Wet T-Shirt contest involving the local retirement home!

But realistically, it'll be probably be all guys from a local school near the beach or something.

Nisekoi 194

When the cop dad was giving that lecture to his wife to be free I was expecting her to laugh and say "Your right.... I want a divorce"

anyway then there was two.....
Onodera should've got kicked out before her though :/

Onodera is either winning it all or going to good friend push Raku and Chitoge together, Marika was a filler love interest

Mizerman

But realistically, it'll be probably be all guys from a local school near the beach or something.

Wake+up+dammit+_0387ab46e0d57473e43fe7c0e2a09eb8.gif

Droplet

The Town of Blue Scales and Sand 5

I think this might be the first time I've seen a manga where a character says "maybe I just imagined it" and I'm actually wondering if they just imagined it.

Gisele Alain 22

Aw, circus arc over? Circus settings are surprisingly rare in manga, I hoped it would last a little longer. Oh well, maybe she can go see her sidekick now.

Jaxec

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 208

Tomo you...

67d.jpg

Also were all the instances of Jun clinging to Tomo just training tonight end up like her father?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomo chan wa onna no ko 208
Get rekt Jun.

Nemurubaka end

SoL manga by the author of Soredemo Sekai ga mawatteiru, Ishiguro Masakazu.
A story about two girls living together. Ruka is a vocalist for an indie band, and living a frugal live, while Irisu is by very definition a normal girl. Well, not really normal i guess, since she hate sushi even since a certain accident (let me tell ya, that is one dark humor).

I enjoy it, but i gotta admit, the author seem to have no idea where to guide the story, so it kinda end in an abrupt manner. Still, a fitting ending i guess.

God’s Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand The Black Picturebook 1-4

Ok this is legit fucking disgusting. Guy chops people up, forces people to eat the raw remains, makes them eat the vomit back up and then hacks them open to get more remains.

I'm gonna puke. No, not really. But it is super nauseating.

Zweizer

Banned

Oh boy, that would be soul-crushing, lol.

Though I'd hope for something in the other direction as well. Like, pushing the boundaries of the manga's smuttiness~

God’s Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand The Black Picturebook 1-4

Ok this is legit fucking disgusting. Guy chops people up, forces people to eat the raw remains, makes them eat the vomit back up and then hacks them open to get more remains.

I'm gonna puke. No, not really. But it is super nauseating.

Eh, I think it's in line with the rest of the manga.

Aizo

Banned
Somebody make me read manga more. I only really read when I go to that ramen shop with all the manga across the street.

ryan13ts

Is Nanatsu no Taizai (and Fairy Tail for that matter) on break this week? I'm dying to see that Escanor win swag after that last week's OG "game.

Question fellow people in MangaGAF

In which way should I approach Black Jack the series?

I know there was a Manga in the 70s, some OVAs like Berserk later on... a movie and two anime mini series (one looking chibi).

Plus there is the prequel that started this year that people are watching. But I don't know which method is the best way to start this series.... Will I be okay if I just start the prequel or would the prequel be more enjoyable if a new the main series? There is also that sidekick that he has in the main series which he doesn't have in the prequel.

94WrwrP.jpg
Art posted by Sui Ishida of Kaneki.

His artstyle is pretty unique.

Question fellow people in MangaGAF

In which way should I approach Black Jack the series?

I know there was a Manga in the 70s, some OVAs like Berserk later on... a movie and two anime mini series (one looking chibi).

Plus there is the prequel that started this year that people are watching. But I don't know which method is the best way to start this series.... Will I be okay if I just start the prequel or would the prequel be more enjoyable if a new the main series? There is also that sidekick that he has in the main series which he doesn't have in the prequel.

I would honestly watch the main series before watching the prequel series so you can enjoy the references you see in the prequel. I mean you can watch the prequel without any trouble but watching the main series first helps you appreciate all the references. So I would first start watching the 2004 TV version of the main series that is a bit more cartoony. However, don't let that turn you away because I assure you it's really good especially in conveying moral messages. After that watch the OVAs by Dezaki which is a more gritty depiction of Black Jack and is pretty solid. Then you can end up watching the movie of Black Jack.

And after you're done watching everything if you want read the manga of the main series because it's good.

I would honestly watch the main series before watching the prequel series so you can enjoy the references you see in the prequel. I mean you can watch the prequel without any trouble but watching the main series first helps you appreciate all the references. So I would first start watching the 2004 TV version of the main series that is a bit more cartoony. However, don't let that turn you away because I assure you it's really good especially in conveying moral messages. After that watch the OVAs by Dezaki which is a more gritty depiction of Black Jack and is pretty solid. Then you can end up watching the movie of Black Jack.

And after you're done watching everything if you want read the manga of the main series because it's good.

Thanks for the run down

will do

ElFly

Prison School 197

this series has been spinning its wheels since the Hana/Kiyoshi chapters

feel it is going to end soon

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School 197

this series has been spinning its wheels since the Hana/Kiyoshi chapters

feel it is going to end soon

People thought the same after the boys got out of the prison. I sure hope not, and I'm sure Akira Hiramoto will be able to come up with additional glorious insanity after the wet T-shirt contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom