• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguro

Banned
One Piece 770

Is it kinda bad that I forgot who all these people even are? This has been a mess of an arc and I just want it to end already.

Revo

Bleach 609

So bleach.

One Piece 770

Disjointed crap. Don't be feeding a bellamy sob story and then cut away from it.

Anteater

One Piece

It's about to feel like Oda will never write another arc where the fights are more focused, he put too many characters into the story and switches between them way too often, and worst of all he often skip over the fights in favor of writing about silly side characters and rather draw multiple chapters of all characters running around, escaping or whatever.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch770

All over the place again. At least we get to see more Zoro (although he sure is taking his merry time with the stone guy).

One Piece 770

Oda making all the fights happen right next to each other is sacrificing some badass one v ones

That said, I enjoyed Zoro once again making fun of the bad guy's quirks and of course the giant punch

Marche90

Bleach 609

I just want this shit to end :/
Essentially I'm just forcing myself to read it because I've already wasted more than 10 years doing so and I want to know how it fucking ends.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 1-21
As I read this I see a reflection of myself
Looking into my face
Looking at my soul
I begin to stupify

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 22
b1uGc.gif

Bleach 609

I just want this shit to end :/
Essentially I'm just forcing myself to read it because I've already wasted more than 10 years doing so and I want to know how it fucking ends.

Pretty much.

Thing is you dont feel a thing reading those fights. Why should you root for the fat guy? Or the villain? Who are they? Are they supposed to be really strong?

Where are all my pretty boys? :(

Zweizer

Banned
Akumu no Elevator by Kinoshita Hanta

A story about 4 people trapped in an elevator and the circumstances surrounding them. It gets pretty interesting once it delves deeper into the consequences of their actions. A nice read.

Kyuur

Bleach

And Kubo chooses to let the fight resolve in the most unsatisfying manner possible. You know what, I'm gonna stop. Dropped.

Sai

Tate No Yuusha

VOLUME 4 IS THE SHIT, YO. Everything in the first 10 chapters come back like a vengeance and it's so beautiful. I want to cry, hug someone, smoke the illest mind altering spirit walk inducing medicinal, and zone out after reading this. It's that good.
I nerd raged earlier over this manga but gotdamn does it get better later on.
It was enjoyable at first, but then it became all drawn out, with the king and princess being far too unreasonable.

Feels like the novel lost a great deal of steam after all of this too. Fight against the Spirit Turtle was neat though.

Stinky

I'm actually looking forward to the new Bleach chapter after seeing how poorly received it is here.

Its been really bad lately, I cant imagine how it can get worse.

edit: okay that was pretty bad..

ryan13ts

One Piece:
Is it me or are these chapters getting shorter and shorter? Not to mention that the breaks inbetween chapters seem to be getting more frequent as well,*sigh*.

Anyways, there's a little too much going on and not enough focus where it should be; the main characters. As cool as it is to see an Elbalf giant knock the shit out of Mr. Valentine, I'm very annoyed that these one-off side characters are getting more fights than some of the actual SH's like Robin and Usopp are. It's almost getting to the point where are you're not part of the monster trio, you can kiss any kind of decent fight away (Or fight period in Robin's case, but I've practically given up seeing her have a fight until maybe Raftel if we're lucky).

Toriko:
I totally lol'ed at the monkey king just sitting there with his balls hanging on that last page. Don't know how those tiny two testicles are going to feed one person, much less tons of people like AIR could.

I am laughing at those false Toriko spoilers before the chapter aired ;))))

What were the fake spoilers?

Shengar

One Piece 770
It seems become clear that Oda's health and page limitation can't keep up with his imagination and ambition to make this fight feels bigger and more encompassing by showing the fights between minor characters.

One Piece 770
It seems become clear that Oda's health and page limitation can't keep up with his imagination and ambition to make this fight feels bigger and more encompassing by showing the fights between minor characters.
Yep. Too true. He has to make his assistants work harder. For what he wants and is trying to do, he almost needs forty pages a week to showcase everything while maintaining focus.

Gakkyuu Houtei is pretty alright. I want to see how the world building goes and the different cases. Right now I'm indifferent to its survival in Jump but it's still enticing me to buy ESJ just for it.....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

This whole are is incomprehensible shit. Kubo should be fired and never allowed to work again.

I'm actually looking forward to the new Bleach chapter after seeing how poorly received it is here.

Its been really bad lately, I cant imagine how it can get worse.

edit: okay that was pretty bad..

Bleach has been on a role. You people whine when they fight, you whine when they don't. You're never happy.

Bleach has been on a role. You people whine when they fight, you whine when they don't. You're never happy.

Since the time Juhabac went up to the 0 division stuff were constantly interesting for me
(of course in between some annoying fodder battles there were highlights like Rukia's and Renji's Bankai)
but sadly it seems it is coming to a end due to him being overly powerful for some reason

now I fear that Ichigo will soon come in using the same technique from vol 1 Getsuga to defeat the big bad while wearing a different attire that actually means nothing to his fighting style

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
kasane living the events of Boys on the Run confirmed.

You effortlessly mention that horrible story... My pain grows.

Boku Girl v4 cover posted by the author (not up on Amazon yet)

Is Boku girl any good?

Bleach

And Kubo chooses to let the fight resolve in the most unsatisfying manner possible. You know what, I'm gonna stop. Dropped.

But you've made it this day. Lets just wait for Ichigo to fuse with Aizen and destroy Uryuu and that old guy who's immortal, the quincy king.

One Piece

Chapter seemed pretty focused to me, dunno. I really enjoyed that punch.

I feel like another flashback is waiting to happen. It was a good chapter cause Oda knows how to pace his arcs.

Also, does anyone know where I find the info for when manga's are picked up for translation? I honestly didn't know about Tokyo Ghoul until AquaWateria told me about it...

Bleach 609

EWmof.gif
"Oh, "A" stands for the Asspull."
p0QHO.gif

lol were credit is due

---------------------------------
Boko no Hero Academia 14-17

Asui Tsuyu (Frog Lady) Her character... personality.... abilities
EWmof.gif

I also like how the main protag stops becoming goofy when things get serious
Their strategy in the water area was neat

The violence gets somewhat brutal in some scenes... it doesn't look realistic but it just looks more painful compared to other Shonens over the top violence (Eraser heads arm o_O)

After reading these chapters I am 100% for a team revision where the protags main team is the frog girl and the ball head kid.... the series is just way more amusing with them around and that team chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom