• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to England for July and need to grab some pants before I go (hear it can get chilly). Any places having a sale right now where I can get some nice, casual pants? Basically just own jeans and slacks at this point.

Also, suggestions on tops to wear? Essentially I just wear solid t-shirts at the moment.

That looks like red to me. How do you guys feel about sun faded red? I'm a big fan of the washed out look.

http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/80086_RD6351?$ary_tn250$

It looks more red in Amazon and Zappo's pictures than it is in reality. It's closer to salmon colored in reality and it looks great anyway.

Why not?

westbrook_smile.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Was wondering if anybody here knew much about www.dolcefugo.com? I've been looking at this site recently and their prices seem pretty good to me but I'm not too sure if the clothes are fake or not, any way to tell?

shits fake yo

Only if you know the brand will fit you well. At that price you could be getting something custom tailored.

just because it's mtm doesn't mean your $20 modern tailor shirt is going to be better than an otr one

Pilgor

The Zegna shirts's fabric/construction is higher quality than most if not all MTM shirts. Yes, MTM may fit better, but like another poster said, I can always return it if it's not quite right.

Zegna suits fit me very nicely, though I have yet to try on a shirt.

I ordered an Eton extra-slim shirt a couple days ago, I'm anxious to see how the fit is.

bowery

So i'm in the market for a new bag and am wondering whether to shoot for a messenger bag or a backpack, the backpacks I have my eye on are

kanken
AAAADEWjA9wAAAAAAKCHDQ.jpg

apc
LmcZp.jpg

really indecisive here and was wondering if anyone could recommend me some good messenger bags and a good reason to go messenger bag over backpack. Will mostly be using for my third year at university and inside will be a 13'' macbook air, an small external and potentially a light notebook or two.
thanks,

Hey Manshion-Gaf, on my quest to find a jumper that has a similar look to the one worn by Rafe Spall in prometheus, I was led to ebay where there is a shit ton of awesome looking hoodies and jackets (e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PJ-Trendy...Men_s_Hoodies_Sweats&var=&hash=item6673897487) but has anybody on here had experience with these types of purchases on ebay, I'm worried that what I buy ends up looking shit in real life.

Overall if I got one off there and it was nice quality, I would probably buy more because they look fairly unique compared to being just another guy in a super dry hoody lol

Piecake

Those are wayyyyy short. :p

I'll take a look on the site and find some knee length. I don't do short shorts. Also $55 is pretty pricey for shorts.

yea, im not into the real short shorts look as well. Just above the knee looks perfect to me. Longer than that looks kinda silly, but anything that stops at the thigh also looks pretty silly to me.

So yea, shorts suck

Coconut

Banned
yea, im not into the real short shorts look as well. Just above the knee looks perfect to me. Longer than that looks kinda silly, but anything that stops at the thigh also looks pretty silly to me.

So yea, shorts suck

I am of the opinion men should never wear shorts unless they are going swimming in them. And it sucks because I've been told I have really nice calves.

Zilch

Banned
I am of the opinion men should never wear shorts unless they are going swimming in them.

I think I used to think that but now I know that it is untrue. I just hated shorts back when the predominant style was too long, too baggy, and festooned with superfluous cargo pockets. Now that this "new-prep" look is back in, I'm down with shorts!

But I have pretty nice legs, so... ;)

Piecake

Yeah, saw those, a bit high but I think that will take me getting used to them. Also they are still pretty expensive. I'm looking to see what else I can find.

target merona brand is your friend

Decent shorts, and I really dont care enough or wear shorts all that often to buy something better or more expensive

bowery

Ehhh skeptical on everlane but I will stop by there soho showroom tomorrow after work, think I might end up going with the APC bag and if not then the fjallraven unless anyone has other recommendations, or a good messenger bag? Usually check yoox for stuff but yoox has a pretty shoddy bag selection = /

Alucrid

Banned
Ehhh skeptical on everlane but I will stop by there soho showroom tomorrow after work, think I might end up going with the APC bag and if not then the fjallraven unless anyone has other recommendations, or a good messenger bag? Usually check yoox for stuff but yoox has a pretty shoddy bag selection = /

What exactly are you skeptical about? I've been using mine for months with no issues and at $50 they're cheaper than Fjall and definitely cheaper than APC. Not that they're in-stock at the moment.

Zilch

Banned
Cuz if you live in NYC and get some no-name bag cuz it's "cheap" (LOL) instead of a nice designer one people like me will make fun of you. ;)

Alucrid

Banned
Cuz if you live in NYC and get some no-name bag cuz it's "cheap" (LOL) instead of a nice designer one people like me will make fun of you. ;)

Luckily with the money I saved on my backpack I was able to buy a dolce and gabbana belt so that everyone can know how much of a baller i am

Az987

all good things
Hey guys, how tight is too tight for a T-shirt?

The only thing I ever wear are plain T's and a medium is the perfect size but they shrink no matter how I wash them. Cold water, gentle cycle and hang to dry and they still shrink!

They only cost like $6 a piece but I'd rather not have to buy a new one every time I wash them.

Zilch

Banned
When I was younger I believed that "there is no such thing as 'too tight'" because that's how all the musicians I idolized dressed.

Nowadays I think it it more becoming to wear clothing (like t-shirts) a little looser but still slim or form-fitting. I'm trying to transition into yuppie-dad-chic (I'm not a dad).

Az987

all good things
My bad guys, seems like the Everlane backpacks are sold out.

When people can clearly see the outline of your pecs IMO.

I have an odd chest, it sticks out more than the rest of my upper body so that's like all my shirts that aren't XL.

Some might say I have man boobs but they aren't fat, if I push on it with my finger it feels like the bone sticks out more for some reason.

Maybe a picture will help.

Zilch

Banned
I think tight/not tight is not as important an issue as length. A tshirt should not go more than 3-4 inches below the top of your pants (if your pants are at your waist, where they should be). Button downs can obviously go a couple inches longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom