• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookje

I have an odd chest, it sticks out more than the rest of my upper body so that's like all my shirts that aren't XL.

Some might say I have man boobs but they aren't fat, if I push on it with my finger it feels like the bone sticks out more for some reason.

Maybe a picture will help.
Barrel chested?

Alucrid

Banned
I have an odd chest, it sticks out more than the rest of my upper body so that's like all my shirts that aren't XL.

Some might say I have man boobs but they aren't fat, if I push on it with my finger it feels like the bone sticks out more for some reason.

Maybe a picture will help.

that's called your rib cage

now do you mean you have a larger chest in proportion to the rest of your body

or your posture is bad so your chest actually sticks out from the rest of your body

Az987

all good things
Well its kind of hard to get into a picture but yeah, my chest is kind of bigger than the rest of my body.

The shirt doesn't even look tight in this picture but it clings to my chest, you can see its kind of loose on my stomach but its kind of stretched out because I haven't washed it in a while.

hCw0m.jpg

Edit: lol I look cross eyed.

overcast

I would love a pair of red/maroon colored pants. Denim-like. Reasonably priced, $30 - $50? Not super red, I feel like a subtle maroon would look nice. Disagree?

I also need to get a pair of chino's eventually, just can't find that right pair.

lenovox1

Well its kind of hard to get into a picture but yeah, my chest is kind of bigger than the rest of my body.

The shirt doesn't even look tight in this picture but it clings to my chest, you can see its kind of loose on my stomach but its kind of stretched out because I haven't washed it in a while.

Edit: lol I look cross eyed.

That t-shirt fits. Shoulder seams are aligned and there's no wrinkling/puckering at the underarm. If you're looking for a tighter fit on the torso, you'll need to get slim t-shirts.

^^ the shirt seems kind of drapey which will add to the 'tit' effect. try target mossimo athletic cut if it's around you. similar cut but a bit heftier.

Trussardi_Animalier1.jpg

for all the animal lovers out there

Fuck Me. Those are sexy fucking boots. I have been looking for a nice captoe brown boot. 750 might be a little steep now, but i might save my monies for it.

Anybody tried G2000 from Asia? I picked up quite a few shirts recently because they all fit so nicely, and were quite cheap (because made in China...). I have a jacket from them that's probably 7 years old now and is still holding up like new, the shirts do well also!

Boken

Banned
Anybody tried G2000 from Asia? I picked up quite a few shirts recently because they all fit so nicely, and were quite cheap (because made in China...). I have a jacket from them that's probably 7 years old now and is still holding up like new, the shirts do well also!

I just recently went to G2000, the styles seem nice at least.

Coconut

Banned
So...what does "business casual" mean? I just got a job where I'll have to dress nicely and I have maybe one pair of khakis and a couple button-down shirts.

Button downs, polos, loafers, khakis, sweaters.

Basically not suit pants or a suit jacket, and not tennis shoes and jeans. At least that's how we define it at my work.

dcdobson

Does anyone know where I could find a plain white Nike T-shirt with a large black swoosh? It sounds simple enough, but I haven't been able to find one. Thanks in advance.

Draft

Menswear people, my loss is your gain. I foolishly jumped on these loafers without checking their measurements and surprise, surprise, they are about 2 centimeters too big. Not acceptable.

From the original Ebay listing:

This is a wonderful pair of classic burnished tan calfskin Weltline Penny Loafers hand made in Maine by Rancourt & Co. for Rider Boot Co. These beautiful shoes sport full leather linings, a full leather sole and leather heel with rubber tap (combination heel). Handsewn moccasin construction. They are in pristine condition showing only the lightest of wear and come with the original box. Size 12 D. Retailed at $325.00.

Rancourt & Co. is a family of shoemakers who have been making handsewn moccasins in Lewiston, Maine for three generations. The company makes shoes for some of America's finest footwear brands, including Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers, and has for years and years. These shoes reflect the heritage of Rancourt & Co., as well as the passion for hand made quality and signature craftsmanship they put into every pair of shoes they make.

Made in the USA!

Wow, they sound so great! I paid $95 w/ shipping. Letting them go for $85 shipped (to the US! International shipping will be considered but not for $85.) Here's an album of pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/XQTHt#0

If you're interested let me know and I'll break out the tape measure and tell you exactly what size they are. Thanks.

Have you Naked & Famous heads seen their (newish) Red Core Denim? Indigo that fades to Red.

7920000.11b.jpg
7920000.12b.jpg
7920000.10b.JPG

I like the idea and have been looking for something different to try for my next pair of jeans. I also have my eye on their Elephant II model. Thoughts?

Enron

Banned
Menswear people, my loss is your gain. I foolishly jumped on these loafers without checking their measurements and surprise, surprise, they are about 2 centimeters too big. Not acceptable.

From the original Ebay listing:

Wow, they sound so great! I paid $95 w/ shipping. Letting them go for $85 shipped (to the US! International shipping will be considered but not for $85.) Here's an album of pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/XQTHt#0

If you're interested let me know and I'll break out the tape measure and tell you exactly what size they are. Thanks.

Those are great! too bad I need a 9.5.

Zekes!

What are some decent fashion publications I should read? I've always been meaning to get more educated about the industry.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Is this the place for men's hair styles too? I'm not really in here much but having just got a haircut I want to style it more as it looks plain as hell when it's flat. Just trying to decide what style would look best on me.

(Ignore the loungewear)

Pyrokai

Hey guys, need some advice. New to this thread and fashion in general, btw. Not oblivious to what looks good and what looks bad but that's about the extent of my knowledge. Don't know much fashion jargon or where/what to buy certain things.

I'm looking for a nice pair of shoes that go well with shorts (bonus: they also look good with pants). Particularly I'm looking for shoes that go well with either khaki shorts AND the checkered ones (aren't these called board shorts?) and have a same fitting style (non-cargo, flat front and sit above the knee). Ones where I wouldn't wear socks. Need something that is somewhat

I'm thinking something like a pair of Converse shoes would be best for this, but I don't know. I'm not one to buy shoes like that and I don't want to be pretentious about this and buy extremely expensive shoes that will look stupid in a couple years.

Bonus question: Do you guys have a method for controlling leg hair? I love wearing shorts and I like the shape of my legs, but they're pretty fucking hairy. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't curly hair -_- . It would be nice if I could just get the length down to about half of this. I'm not one to shave my legs....it would just be nice to have legs that look more like most guys' leg hair length :p . I was actually thinking clippers for this....just enough to cut the length in half? Is this the best way? Curious about this as well.

Thanks guys!

Draft

Hey guys, need some advice. New to this thread and fashion in general, btw. Not oblivious to what looks good and what looks bad but that's about the extent of my knowledge. Don't know much fashion jargon or where/what to buy certain things.

I'm looking for a nice pair of shoes that go well with shorts (bonus: they also look good with pants). Particularly I'm looking for shoes that go well with either khaki shorts AND the checkered ones (aren't these called board shorts?) and have a same fitting style (non-cargo, flat front and sit above the knee). Ones where I wouldn't wear socks. Need something that is somewhat

I'm thinking something like a pair of Converse shoes would be best for this, but I don't know. I'm not one to buy shoes like that and I don't want to be pretentious about this and buy extremely expensive shoes that will look stupid in a couple years.

Bonus question: Do you guys have a method for controlling leg hair? I love wearing shorts and I like the shape of my legs, but they're pretty fucking hairy. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't curly hair -_- . It would be nice if I could just get the length down to about half of this. I'm not one to shave my legs....it would just be nice to have legs that look more like most guys' leg hair length :p . I was actually thinking clippers for this....just enough to cut the length in half? Is this the best way? Curious about this as well.

Thanks guys!
Boat shoes. Some people will say they are played out, too popular, trendy, etc. Those people are assholes.

Get some $10 clippers and see how it looks with a little trimming. Asking about hair advice is always a waste of time. Hair cuts are cheap, clippers are cheap, and hair grows back.

bob page

Is this the place for men's hair styles too? I'm not really in here much but having just got a haircut I want to style it more as it looks plain as hell when it's flat. Just trying to decide what style would look best on me.

(Ignore the loungewear)

Go for something like this (but get the sides & back trimmed down a little bit). Tell them to keep the top long and say you want to grow it out, but ask them to texture it and maybe thin it out a little.

ryan-gosling-this-look-is-great-because-it-follows-the-curve-of-his-head-its-very-important-to-blend-sideburns-with-a-beard-big-sideburns-are-never-sexy-f13c2.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Go for something like this (but get the sides & back trimmed down a little bit). Tell them to keep the top long and say you want to grow it out, but ask them to texture it and maybe thin it out a little.

ryan-gosling-this-look-is-great-because-it-follows-the-curve-of-his-head-its-very-important-to-blend-sideburns-with-a-beard-big-sideburns-are-never-sexy-f13c2.jpg

I sort of went for this the night of the cut. Worked fairly well but it may be a little long, just don't want to have to go for another cut.

bob page

I sort of went for this the night of the cut. Worked fairly well but it may be a little long, just don't want to have to go for another cut.

If you got the sides short enough, I wouldn't worry about it. It's preferable to have the top long since you can style it to your preference. Just slab some pomade on there and you'll be good to go.

Pyrokai

Boat shoes. Some people will say they are played out, too popular, trendy, etc. Those people are assholes.

Might have to seriously try these. Never even occurred to me. They don't seem bad at all!

Get some $10 clippers and see how it looks with a little trimming. Asking about hair advice is always a waste of time. Hair cuts are cheap, clippers are cheap, and hair grows back.

Noted. Sorry.

What's your budget?

Cheap. Like, less than $50 cheap :p . Still thinking boat shoes are the way to go for me. Or those $20 shoes I saw at Target today....hmm....

What color shoes go best with anything? Gray? Does gray go with khaki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom