• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy Hilfiger Mens Logan Jacket
Yay or nay?
As I said in an earlier post, I have 100$ for a jacket, this fits my budget but I don't know if the jacket is any good.
What kind of jacket are you looking for? Don't buy that Tommy one, it looks like a tent.

Revoh

What kind of jacket are you looking for? Don't buy that Tommy one, it looks like a tent.

Ok, I'm looking for a simple jacket for casual wear mostly, I don't know how they are called though, are they called Harrington? Something along those lines.
Thanks

Zekes!

Picked up some Timberland Lost History chukkas at Nordstrom's today for almost 50% off. I'm pretty excited as I needed some new shoes for the Fall.

These are dope. Glad I held out on those Clarks (plus those Rokin's I copped are way too sweet) so I can take more time looking for chukkas/desert boots

Zekes!

I own the Obey Silent Shout hoodie, and it's def my favourite:

iOo144vEoad8K.JPG

Could a lot of these recommendations be found in stores like Burlington or Kohls? Or are they only found in niche places or online? I went into Burlington Coat Factory and they had almost nothing. Just a bunch of collared shirts and graphic tees.

Boken

Banned
Got my Allen Edmonds Strand. They're beautiful.

Thing is, they fit ok. I can tell that half a size down would be more snug.

So help me GAF: Return these shoes and pay 40$ extra shipping for another pair (18% of the cost of the shoe) to get a nicer fit. Yay/nay?

Plus I have to wait a week until I can wear my beautiful shoes.

Visceir

I like it. Got a link?

It's an european brand that doesn't have a online store...I think. Best I can do is link you to this: http://www.reserved.com/en/collection/man/outer-jackets/T4804

It's like 60 euros

Edit: Just looked around on the site and damn do I love that brand's jackets and they have such reasonable prices and always something neat to offer. I already have 2 really cool jackets from them that have lasted me years.

Alucrid

Banned
I'd go with those, they're nice... if youre feeling cheeky and snazzy, you might consider picking up a pair similiar to these:

A tad too informal since the only reason I'm buying the cap toes is work lol

Could a lot of these recommendations be found in stores like Burlington or Kohls? Or are they only found in niche places or online? I went into Burlington Coat Factory and they had almost nothing. Just a bunch of collared shirts and graphic tees.

Yeah, you won't find anything post here at a burlington coat factory.

If you live in a metropolitan area Marshall's will occasionally have great stuff. You'll still have to dig for it though.

I live in the middle if nowhere and am lazy so most of what I buy is online from places like yoox, the corner, etc.

Got my Allen Edmonds Strand. They're beautiful.

Thing is, they fit ok. I can tell that half a size down would be more snug.

So help me GAF: Return these shoes and pay 40$ extra shipping for another pair (18% of the cost of the shoe) to get a nicer fit. Yay/nay?

Plus I have to wait a week until I can wear my beautiful shoes.
Treated well AE will last more than a decade, easily. That's less than $4 a year. ;)

bowery

Picked up a T Alexander Wang zip up sweatshirt for really cheap and it looks great, I highly recommend T Alexander Wang stuff its not too pricey and it fits great.

It's an european brand that doesn't have a online store...I think. Best I can do is link you to this: http://www.reserved.com/en/collection/man/outer-jackets/T4804

It's like 60 euros

Edit: Just looked around on the site and damn do I love that brand's jackets and they have such reasonable prices and always something neat to offer. I already have 2 really cool jackets from them that have lasted me years.

Thanks. I'm broke anyway, so even if shipping to the States was an option, well, it's not. :p But it does give me an idea and something to keep my mind on for a later.

Zekes!

Thinking about copping a thin/lite scarf. In the fall/winter I tend to rock this Dr. Denim scarf which I love to death:

and in the warmer seasons I kind of miss it. Don't worry, I'm not looking at keffiyehs; right now I'm checking stuff out by the Hill-side.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking about copping a thin/lite scarf. In the fall/winter I tend to rock this Dr. Denim scarf which I love to death:

and in the warmer seasons I kind of miss it. Don't worry, I'm not looking at keffiyehs; right now I'm checking stuff out by the Hill-side.

Where'd you get that scarf at? I adore it already

Zekes!

Where'd you get that scarf at? I adore it already

Just a local shop; I would've said check online, but I got it a couple years back, so you'd probably have no luck. It's by Dr. Denim though; maybe (hopefully) they'll do something similar again.

Not lying when I say I get people begging me for it, haha.

Scarves are something I'm trying to add to my Fall/Winter wardrobe this year. Unfortunately, I own none, and considering I've never worn one, have no idea where/what to start looking for.

Any recommendations?

Zekes!

Scarves are something I'm trying to add to my Fall/Winter wardrobe this year. Unfortunately, I own none, and considering I've never worn one, have no idea where/what to start looking for.

Any recommendations?

Honestly? I think the scarf chooses you. I don't really have any recommendations, maybe just think about what style you like or prefer (like thin/lite vs thick/wooly, long vs. short, etc.). If you've never worn one, I'd just try various ones on as the Fall/Winter stuff rolls out and see what you like. I don't think it's something you have to think all that hard about; I think if you decide you want one, you'll eventually come to own one.

Maybe someone else is super in to scarves and can give some different advice, but that's generally how I go about it, haha.

coldvein

Banned
i'm considering getting some little slipper-type shoe thingies which i have never worn before. just like black ones with rubber soles is where i was gonna start, but im open to anything .. do you guys wear dem shitz? are they cool manshion? what should i get?

Antagon

i'm considering getting some little slipper-type shoe thingies which i have never worn before. just like black ones with rubber soles is where i was gonna start, but im open to anything .. do you guys wear dem shitz? are they cool manshion? what should i get?

Can you show a picture of what you were thinking about?

Zilch

Banned
Zuriick makes pretty decent slip on shoes too.

edit: they're called slip-ons, just like the URL you posted would suggest :p

mooooose

When I go back to school, I'm going to have to make a very good impression with some important people on a regular basis. Basically, I have to change the way I dress. Right now I wear mostly streetwear (old Supreme, old wtaps, old Bape, Neighborhood, Bounty Hunter, Futura, Recon). Obviously, a lot of this will not fly.

I'm looking for some very well fitting black button downs for no more than like $60 to $70. Anyone have suggestions? Also some nice pants and shoes as well. Just a general overhaul that will stay true to the clothes I like (streetwear, a lot of black, americana/military inspired).

Zilch

Banned
i personally think black button downs look really dorky.

don't be afraid of color!

edit: the standards for cheap BDs - Uniqlo and J Crew... decent stuff for the price. if you wanna spend a little more check out Saturdays Surf: http://www.saturdaysnyc.com/category/button-down-shirts (shop is in Soho but I think some J Crew stores carry 'em) and Baron Wells: http://baron-wells.com/ (hard to find in the city, but there is a surf shop in Wburg that carries them).

mooooose

I'm talking day to day so they won't be tucked in or anything. Just day to day stepping it up. I only really like black clothes.

Alucrid

Banned
When I go back to school, I'm going to have to make a very good impression with some important people on a regular basis. Basically, I have to change the way I dress. Right now I wear mostly streetwear (old Supreme, old wtaps, old Bape, Neighborhood, Bounty Hunter, Futura, Recon). Obviously, a lot of this will not fly.

I'm looking for some very well fitting black button downs for no more than like $60 to $70. Anyone have suggestions? Also some nice pants and shoes as well. Just a general overhaul that will stay true to the clothes I like (streetwear, a lot of black, americana/military inspired).

I don't get it. Can you be more specific? Do you mean professors or are trying to get laid?

mooooose

Professors lol. My dad is very good friends with a lot of the professors and deans and I want to make a good impression. I have no problem wearing a sweatshirt that says Fuck You Pay Me around anyone because I think it's funny and written by my favorite artist, but I can't walk around THIS campus like that, even if it does limit my personality. I just need to find a new way to express myself.

Alucrid

Banned
Professors lol. My dad is very good friends with a lot of the professors and deans and I want to make a good impression. I have no problem wearing a sweatshirt that says Fuck You Pay Me around anyone because I think it's funny and written by my favorite artist, but I can't walk around THIS campus like that, even if it does limit my personality. I just need to find a new way to express myself.

Eh just a nice pair of jeans and a blue/white button down will probably be fine for appearance sake. A black button down will make it look like you're going clubbing

mooooose

What's the new hype pair of raws? I have a pair of Samurais that went through hell and back. Looking for a straight leg. May end up just going with Samurai again, they were amazing quality.

Alucrid

Banned
What's the new hype pair of raws? I have a pair of Samurais that went through hell and back. Looking for a straight leg. May end up just going with Samurai again, they were amazing quality.

You should just go with another pair of Samurais. Or maybe Pure Blue Japans, my personal favorite. But those + a relatively cheap button up from, say, Uniqlo should do fine for college.

fat pat

i love my 3Sixteen sl-100's. The denim on them is sooo nice and soft. really well constructed, not appallingly expensive.

Antagon

Fit wise my favorite shirts are the extra slim fits from suit supply. Nicely finished as well. They're long dress shirts though so you have to tuck them and they've only got a couple of stores in the US afaik. Still, if there's any close by I'd recommend checking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom