• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falchion

I just want to say I have Kentucky in the national championship game in my bracket and they are vindicating me at work.

GG Kentucky, you guys definitely deserve it. Great perimeter defense and no turnovers in the second half. Your players turned it on when they needed to.

Ours didn't. Sloppy unforced errors. Fouling out. Not the way I wanted to go out on the tournament sadly.

Fox set the UK record for most points in an NCAA tournament game by a freshman. That's insane. (Although I guess not really considering our history of shooters vanishing in March)

Most by a freshman, 4th all time.

Fjordson

He definitely didn't seem himself the entire game. He doesn't seem like the type of person that would have been distracted from the comments out of Lavar, but I guess that's a possibility too.
Didn't seem like the same player he's been all year. Wouldn't shock me at all if he's nursing something.

I still feel like Lonzo needs another year before the pros. It could only do him good. But Lavar seems like the type of dude who's going to pressure his kids to make money as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
UNC vs UK is pretty much the ultimate hope for a meteor steike game for me.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I still feel like Lonzo needs another year before the pros. It could only do him good. But Lavar seems like the type of dude who's going to pressure his kids to make money as soon as possible.

No one is going give up that guaranteed money and risk getting hurt. Especially if everyone is telling you you are going in the lottery.

My mom who knows nothing about college basketball and only occasionally watches Gonzaga games has a way better bracket than me. She got 5 out of 8 elite 8 teams right and still has 3 of her 4 final four teams alive.

ryseing

No one is going give up that guaranteed money and risk getting hurt. Especially if everyone is telling you you are going in the lottery.

This is unfortunately the case with DSJr. He would thrive under our new coach and we would have the potential to make a run next season, but he's gotta get that paper understandably.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Gonna miss that 1-2 punch of lonzo and leaf. Hopefully the recruits replacing them are legit. Also I hope liangelo doesn't get off the bench. Lol

Why?

An NBA team can develop him far better than another year playing college basketball can. If he's a lottery talent, he should be going now

iamblades

Lonzo ain't going to get any more athletic. Or fix his goofy shot mechanics.

His weaknesses aren't fixable by another year in college.

That billion dollar shoe contract is waiting.

LaVar Ball probably the saddest of all the balls right now. 1 billion contract is now worth 80 million.

He said a billion for all three sons. Still an outlandish number for two kids who haven't played a minute of college ball yet but there's no need to make it seem *even* crazier.

He said all of his kids are going to be one and done trying to get to NBA as fast as possible.

He also said Bruins would win the big show. I know what he wants but ultimately it's Lonzo's decision.

I can understand it when a player has a history of injuries. Baron Davis, for example, made sense. Tonight aside, Lonzo's been pretty healthy and doesn't play an extremely physical game. So another year to gain some experience and learn to lead the team to a comeback (instead of just leading from the front) would do some good. He needs that ability to shine in the NBA.

Fjordson

You're probably not wrong, most of the top kids could use more seasoning, but he'll be a top 3 pick, gotta get that money. Fuck the NCAA tbh.

Fuck that, give me that guaranteed money in the NBA
I bet if he got hurt next year at UCLA his draft stock would go down. NCAA don't care
I'd rather play with pros than college kids

LaVar Ball probably the saddest of all the balls right now. 1 billion contract is now worth 80 million.

jyfU3kE.png

Fuck that, give me that guaranteed money in the NBA
I bet if he got hurt next year at UCLA his draft stock would go down. NCAA don't care
I'd rather play with pros than college kids

Bruins already scrimmage with pros all the time. He needs the ability to rally (or carry) a team. Without that, the pros are going to be a rough ride and his time a short one.

nillapuddin

Ball
5-12 14 pts 7 ast 6 to
4-10 10 pts 8 ast 4 to

Fox
8-20 20 pts 9 ast 2 to
13-20 39 pts 4 ast 1 to

UCLA is good, and Ball is a great player, but Fox and crew took him out of his game both times

good job on UK defense

also, love Cal, ofcourse he makes the post game about SC and UF, media wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom