• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's starting to make sense:

YjLkB.jpg

:O

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jericho only set up the drink promo for when Austin feuds with Punk next Wrasslemania.

You dopey marky markets.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How to you blow something that writes itself so easily like a Punk-Jericho feud?

I mean, sure, you can blow a slam dunk like Rock/Cena or post-MITB Punk or Zack Ryder or Taker-HHH or...well, you get the idea. But THIS is a truly special example of actively TRYING to fuck up an incredibly easy story.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Punk was selling that like he didn't know it was coming. Looked to the side of the ring and went "what the fuck was that?"

Ithil

You're talking about a company that used Jerry Lawler's own deceased mother for a storyline.

Well actually the first time they mentioned that they had Miz (their top heel then) offer genuine condolences. It was only later with Cole that they turned it into a heel line for heat.

After how they exploited Eddie's death I shouldn't be surprised.

Brinbe

How to you blow something that writes itself so easily like a Punk-Jericho feud?

I mean, sure, you can blow a slam dunk like Rock/Cena or post-MITB Punk or Zack Ryder or Taker-HHH or...well, you get the idea. But THIS is a truly special example of actively TRYING to fuck up an incredibly easy story.
They've blown all of these f'n storylines that should write themselves... terrible builds all-around. Just keep it simple, the matches are the draw! Don't need all this stupid shit a few weeks before WM.

You're talking about a company that used Jerry Lawler's own deceased mother for a storyline.

Like I said, the Punk/Hardy angle played on Hardy's bullshit. I don't think there is much difference here.

Most have been saying that none of the major feuds had much going for them...I enjoy that at least this one has that personal, mean-spirited edge to it.

Taker/Trips is even heating up with HBK's angle and the history there.

Cena brought word life back....

If Rock goes 2003 heel than this pretty much makes this WM as monumental as they have been trying to make it seem.

Izick

Yeah, Phil referenced his Dad being a drunk and compared him to Raven in passionate promos back when they feuded in Ring of Honor.
So this isn't BS.

Or it's part of his character.

Either way, this alcoholism bit is tasteless, as someone already said. Never worked, never will work.

I guess it's good they're edging it up, and tugging at people's hear strings, but I just think it's a little too much, or just in bad taste.

somedevil

They've blown all of these f'n storylines that should write themselves... terrible builds all-around. Just keep it simple, the matches are the draw! Don't need all this stupid shit a few weeks before WM.

I enjoy it because its Jericho trying into Punks head trying to get an advantage in there match. Punk did this to Jeff Hardy.

No one can help me on Punk's in-ring skills? It was a legitimate question. I'm seriously wondering what matches to watch to showcase his in ring skill because I'm just not seeing it.

Brinbe

I enjoy it because its Jericho trying into Punks head trying to get an advantage in there match. Punk did it this to Jeff Hardy.

I understand that. But it turned from you stole my gimmick, I'm the best in the world, into, you're just a useless drunk like your daddy! Match didn't need it.

And it worked better with Hardy because of the real obvious problems of Hardy and contrasts between straight-edge Punk and Jeff.

Ithil

Or it's part of his character.

Either way, this alcoholism bit is tasteless, as someone already said. Never worked, never will work.

I guess it's good they're edging it up, and tugging at people's hear strings, but I just think it's a little too much, or just in bad taste.

It's one thing to reference real life events or play off recent events (like playing off Jeff Hardy's real life drug crap), but exploiting someone's childhood seems an unnecessary thing.

I mean, Punk/Jericho created a lot of heat for their feud with just one lengthy promo the other week, without it leaving the wrestling angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom