• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you with the WWE Network...when you watch old stuff from the 90s and 80s, is it "better" than the stuff today, or are you finding that it had equal amounts of wrestlecrap as we do today? Do we romanticize wrestling's past and forget about the bad stuff?

There's stuff just as shit as there is today, but the crowd are so into it it makes it seem better than it is.

Those of you with the WWE Network...when you watch old stuff from the 90s and 80s, is it "better" than the stuff today, or are you finding that it had equal amounts of wrestlecrap as we do today? Do we romanticize wrestling's past and forget about the bad stuff?

I'm pretty sure we all do this - the beloved Attitude Era was full of crap, so many throwaway PPVs and awful undercard matches, but it still holds a lot of nostalgia for a lot of people. Same goes for ECW - I was a huge fan of theirs back in '97, but looking back the product really hasn't aged well.

Mr. Luchador said:
There's stuff just as shit as there is today, but the crowd are so into it it makes it seem better than it is.

Also, this. Better crowds can make up for a lot of shit.

thing is, Lashley can't even cut it in MMA. i'm sure since he's back he probably gonna get a spot on Bellator but even the mid tier guys there gonna put his lights out.

he lost to James Thompson, for fucks sake!!!!

to give an idea of what losing to Thompson is, it's like having Reigns losing clean to Khali in a squash match right now.

What is "can't even cut it in MMA"? Like being a professional MMA fighter is an easy thing? Batista got the hell out of MMA when he could barely get by fat ass Vince Lucero (2-12-1 in his last 15 fights). At least Lashley appears to be close to the same size as he was back when he wrestled

Kaladin

WWE crowds need to stop with the WHAT bullshit, already. It's time. Incidentally, fuck you Austin - you knew not what evil you had wrought.

Eh...it's a WWE thing, just like Yes and No likely will become after Bryan. I can accept it. It's the crowds that don't know how to do it that bring the gimmick down.

How is the 'What!?' chant still a thing though. That's been 10 years too. You know what my watch is telling me? It's time that stupid chant went away.

Hasney

thing is, Lashley can't even cut it in MMA. i'm sure since he's back he probably gonna get a spot on Bellator but even the mid tier guys there gonna put his lights out.

he lost to James Thompson, for fucks sake!!!!

to give an idea of what losing to Thompson is, it's like having Reigns losing clean to Khali in a squash match right now.

Real talk: I would pay top PPV £££ if they worked out some MMA triple threat rules and had Batista, Lashley and Jose Conceicao battle it out to see who got gassed first.

Kaladin

But even the Wooo chant isn't really that popular anymore. I don't know, seems silly to pick a part what chants are and aren't acceptable when I think about it.

This segment deserved all the shit it go, and I can't wait to see if it ever appears on the WWE Network with the TNA chants intact!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYveDqSwQk

You might not hear it on the show as much, but go to a live event and start a WOOO chant in the arena, or in the hallways around the arena. You'll get several callbacks and it could travel a bit. Works every time...at least in the south.

You might not hear it on the show as much, but go to a live event and start a WOOO chant in the arena, or in the hallways around the arena. You'll get several callbacks and it could travel a bit. Works every time...at least in the south.

Oh, now you say that I remember that happening before the house show started I went to back in October/November. Didn't happen during the show though, just people entertaining themselves while they waited.

Ithil

this is....100% accurate

Is it really though?. Bryan and Vinny bitch about TNA all the time. Even shows and feuds that get high praise like Aries and Roode or Machine Guns/Beer Money those two bitch about.

The IWC just like to hate TNA.

Did you more or less just go "ya'll a bunch of haters!"?

Dumbest chants ever;

1. WHAT?
2. WRESTLING!!! YAY!!!
3. This is Wrestling *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

Also, that one time the ROH crowd chanted "DUSTY FINISH".

It happened a lot on indie wrestling shows a few years back - basically, one dude would stand up and shout "WRESTLING!!!" and then the crowd would respond with "YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Although, it was kinda funny whenever a dude would get up and shout "WRESTLING!!!", then everyone just ignored him, lol.

Kaladin

WWE will broadcast Raw tonight from Memphis, TN, featuring:
*The Undertaker will respond to Brock Lesnar.

*Hulk Hogan will appear with a Wrestlemania 30 announcement.

*More on HHH vs. Daniel Bryan.

*Jerry Lawler in his hometown.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's like playing a long form episode wrapped in an RPG...and Facebook is the UI.

Heh, I haven't even played that much from the main story, I just went around, did some sidequests and opened every house and everything inside the houses you can enter. So good.

South Park was straight up amazing, loved every minute of it and my only real complaint is that there isn't more to do! Completed the game and the sidequests in 18 hours, now all I've got left is some trophies to go for, but I wish there was some endgame quests or a new game plus.

Hasney

Had an amazing time with South Park, shame I beat it in a few days and that the DLC is 360 timed exclusive. They don't want my money :'(

strobogo

Banned
I am amazed that somebody that intentionally watches and rewatches entire years of horrible-era WCW finds South Park unfunny.

It's just never clicked with me. It's not like I think Family Guy is super great or anything. I think it also sucks.

jmdajr

Not sure how South Park will hold up in the future. So much stuff is based around current media references/parody.

But it's not like it's the only one I suppose

Aiii

So not worth it
Select episodes will always be good. Like the World of Warcraft episode or Cartman timetravelling to the future because he can't wait for the Wii to come out. I could watch those forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom