• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

God damnit. Stupid me.

For some reason i thought Infamous Second Son was coming out tomorrow and Dark Souls 2 was later in the month. NOPE. Dark Souls 2 is tomorrow and my fully paid off $60 infamous preorder is for later in the month.

Vylash

So anyway I just got Tomb Raider on PS Plus and despite it being the exact opposite of my type of game I'm loving it, should I buy the PS3 version now or wait until I get my PS4 for the "definitive" version?

Kaladin

God damnit. Stupid me.

For some reason i thought Infamous Second Son was coming out tomorrow and Dark Souls 2 was later in the month. NOPE. Dark Souls 2 is tomorrow and my fully paid off $60 infamous preorder is for later in the month.

Next thing I'm getting is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and the Final Fantasy X / X-2 (aka best modern Final Fantasy) HD Remaster.

TNA commentary is so fucking awful. Taz is just the hottest garbage, and Tenay doesn't have ability to be exciting with his voice. It's get's louder and higher sure, but it never feels like there's anything behind it. No weight. Feels phony.
If this is how you feel, I'm not saying you're wrong or right, I'm not trying to walk you back from your statement.

But for me, Mike Tenay is, hands down, the best English speaking wrestling broadcaster in the game today and it's not even close.

strobogo

Banned
You taking money out of my pocket, Stro!

Do you know how many mouths I have to feed?! I've got a family!
... Of one!
Just buy the shows so I can go on my around the world vacation already #Bronson'sVacayFund

I will never, ever, ever purchase a CZW show. It could go to the StroMomo cancer fund and I wouldn't give CZW money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Things I find weird:

Rationalizing why you watched a PPV. You just did, and it's ok
People proclaiming South Park as an amazing game. It's alright. Without Obsidian it'd be worthless, and it's not bad, but...standards have dropped!
What chants
Samoa Joe sticking out of a ring. What exactly happened?

Cagey

Banned

Favorite chant ever was an ROH show with a fatal fourway tag-team that had the WGTT and All Night Express. Shelton Benjamin was in the ring, and the crowd went nuts chanting WE WANT KENNY, because they look so damn similar.

After 2 minutes the wrestlers relented, Kenny tags in, crowd pops for a moment, they do a stare down... then the crowd chants THIS IS RACIST.

I love New York.

EDIT: Oops. Kings of Wrestling were on the apron and did a mime looking into mirror act when it happened.

Aiii

So not worth it
People proclaiming South Park as an amazing game. It's alright. Without Obsidian it'd be worthless, and it's not bad, but...standards have dropped!

When did it stop being okay to find games amazing when they're fun to play and entertain you?

Come on now, I know it's not the most complicated game in the world, but I measure games by how much fun they are to play.

strobogo

Banned
You watched WCW 2000! Nothing gets worse than that!

... Though I wouldn't be opposed to giving money to the StroMomo

He sensed a Twinkie under the ring so he made a hole to get to it quicker

I didn't pay for it, though.

Fuck I still need to get my tire fixed, but I still feel like shit and don't want to go out. I've been driving on my spare for weeks now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When did it stop being okay to find games amazing when they're fun to play and entertain you?

Come on now, I know it's not the most complicated game in the world, but I measure games by how much fun they are to play.

Some people are entertained by a clod of dirt. This isn't a clod of dirt, but...you're still dirty.

Real talk though, I'm not having fun when I play it. The combat system isn't fun, it's braindead - not asking for a tactical masterpiece, but it's extremely shallow when it comes to gameplay elements. I want a little more, I suppose.

Ah well, TITANFALL BABY. ITS ALMOST TIME!

Yeah, this. I agree with Vince in that the combat system isn't great and think that, as an RPG without the South Park license, it wouldn't fare as well standing on its own - but, that being said, I'm very hard pressed to think of a game that I've enjoyed more in quite a while. So, regardless of its faults, I think it's fair to say entirely subjectively that it IS an amazing game for the reasons you stated above.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, this. I agree with Vince in that the combat system isn't great and think that, as an RPG without the South Park license, it wouldn't fare as well standing on its own - but, that being said, I'm very hard pressed to think of a game that I've enjoyed more in quite a while. So, regardless of its faults, I think it's fair to say entirely subjectively that it IS an amazing game for the reasons you stated above.

A lot of it boils down to if the humor clicks with you. What I enjoy most about it is seeing what Obsidian is doing with your typical RPG tropes and how they've translated them into their universe. That's where I get the most enjoyment out of it. The same kind of people who still make South Park versions of their favorite wrasslers will be right at home with this game.

Related, I wonder when the last appearance of a "wrestler drawn like he's in south park on a sign" has made it onto TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Boots, how long has it been since you saw MVP/Benoit from Mania 23?

You should watch it again if you don't remember it, it's not incredible, but it's incredible to see a match like that in WWE.

jmdajr

Last FF I gave a shit about was X.

Haven't finished any since.

Actually only ones I ever finished were FF 1 for NES, FF2,3 for SNES (which are 4 and 6), FF 7 & 9 for PS, and X for PS2.

Kaladin

LOL at Brain sitting down at WM17 and saying, "Tony" right away, and JR's reaction to it.

Stro....you would know this.

Wrestlemania 6, when Bobby is in Andre The Giant's face after the tag title match, does he yell "I'm the fucking manager!" or something to that nature during that segment? I kind of feel like he does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last FF I gave a shit about was X.

Haven't finished any since.

Actually only ones I ever finished were FF 1 for NES, FF2,3 for SNES (which are 4 and 6), FF 7 & 9 for PS, and X for PS2.

I can hook you up with FF truth.

FFX is great. X-2 is dogshit with amazing mechanics. XII is the last great FF game. 11 was dope as fuck but don't try it now. 13...and 13-2 should probably be left alone. Lightning Returns is trash through and through, which is a shame, because it looked to be really different and interesting but it fell on its face.

FFX/2 for Vita is my last Vita purchase ever, gonna sell that system. Thing's pretty much dead after that, and I want to get some money from someone who still thinks it's worth getting. The games are drying up, sadly.

jmdajr

Undertaker has a WM announcement tonight? Could this be his final match?

Nah. He's just going to announce Brock will be resting in peace.

Who knows what Hogan will announce, but it will probbaly be something lame.

Speaking of, despite liking Savage/Flair, I think Hogan/Flair would have been great. That MGS deal was pretty good. In fact I was legit shook by what I saw.
Cena would have kicked out

Things I find weird:

Rationalizing why you watched a PPV. You just did, and it's ok
What chants
Samoa Joe sticking out of a ring. What exactly happened?

Abyss turned corporate (An Original Idea Lol) and helped Magnus by dragging Joe into a hole he created. The hole was too small and at one point Joe got stuck (see image) because fat.

I did not pay for Lockdown because, full disclosure, (no disrespect intended to anybody here) watching Impact is one thing, but if you pay money for TNA you're paying for the shittiest wrestling available in the world that's being passed off as a contender to WWE when nobody involved in either considers them that in 2014, and you pretty much deserve the shit you get because $40 can buy food for a lot of homeless kids instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom